Author Topic: Carolina is a done deal  (Read 2196 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Carolina is a done deal
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 05:28:14 AM »
  i'm going to say if the eagles beat the gaints, cards in the super bowl.  and if the chargers beat the steelers.  ravens in the super bowl.  the champs; ?

everyone is saying that philly will upset the giants but i won't happen and here's why-

their last meeting they beat the giants 20-14 at giants stadium.

that was the week after plaxico shot himself, so their passing game suffered and locker room was distracted. and jacobs their best running back only played half the game.

top that off with pierce being implicated in the plaxico shooting his mind wasn't on his assignment- westbrook, who hurt them twice- once on a chip where pierce should have forced him outside but gave up the inside of the field and the TD- and dixon didn't help matters by dropping the long ball that should have been a game winning TD.

pierce won't be distracted this week and i expect him to have a statement game as he has something to prove to himself, and his team. he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

jacobs is 100% healthy and the running game will be the same one that put up over 220+ yards on the ground against carolina in week 15.

as well, jon runyan is out for philly so they are missing their nose tackle going into a game with the best four man pass rush in the league. if he does play, expect a guard or tackle to pull to help him, leaving holes for one of spagnolo's well designed blitz packages to exploit.

and if that wasn't enough, westbrook is banged up. philly doesnt have him on the injury list, but you could tell he's aggravated something in that td run he had last week.

this one is a no- brainer. if you break it down.

b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 05:40:53 AM »
I agree. Ravens v. Cards in the end. Cards have to be ready for Lewis and Ravens have to be ready for Warner.

you are right, balitmore will take the AFC, but the cardinals will not make it past the giants.

if you watched football, you'd realise the majority of arizona's success comes on the heels of warner's 5 step drop and throwing the ball deep down field into double coverage in the hopes that boldon or fitzgerald will make a circus catch- there is little skillful or talented about their offensive attack apart from the skill set of the best receiving tandem in football that they have in boldon and fitzgerald.

they have no run game. their defense did play well this week but isn't noted for spectacular play. arizona has been LUCKY to have gotten this far.

the giants beat arizona like a rented mule in their only meeting this season and this will not change next week.

warner will not have the comfort of that pocket to drop into and wait up for F and B to break coverage or hold the ball long enough to let them get 40+ yards down field. he will have a long day, and the giants an easy road to the bowl-

again.

and IF arizona by some miracle makes it to the SB- that whole bullshit throw- and- pray will not work against baltimore with ed reed patrolling that secondary.

b

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »
How much of a pussy are you when you're getting punked by a guy with long hair? 

larry schools every corner

and tell this to troy polamalu or bob sanders

E
E

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 06:49:12 AM »
Warner has been along time favorite of mine since stepping into the NFL, no matter where the guy was during his NFL career......always a favorite. Huge comeback at 37.

Warner is an awesome QB. He just needs to keep his wife's mouth shut and everything is fine.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 06:56:18 AM »
Yep.  Great guy.  I am surprised he is still with Arizona since every year they seem to want someone else to step in and quarterback.  Give him protection and he is unstoppable.  He's not a decent scrambler though so any kind of pressure and he gets shut down.
:D ::) ::) ::)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 06:56:37 AM »
everyone is saying that philly will upset the giants but i won't happen and here's why-

their last meeting they beat the giants 20-14 at giants stadium.

that was the week after plaxico shot himself, so their passing game suffered and locker room was distracted. and jacobs their best running back only played half the game.

top that off with pierce being implicated in the plaxico shooting his mind wasn't on his assignment- westbrook, who hurt them twice- once on a chip where pierce should have forced him outside but gave up the inside of the field and the TD- and dixon didn't help matters by dropping the long ball that should have been a game winning TD.

pierce won't be distracted this week and i expect him to have a statement game as he has something to prove to himself, and his team. he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder.

jacobs is 100% healthy and the running game will be the same one that put up over 220+ yards on the ground against carolina in week 15.

as well, jon runyan is out for philly so they are missing their nose tackle going into a game with the best four man pass rush in the league. if he does play, expect a guard or tackle to pull to help him, leaving holes for one of spagnolo's well designed blitz packages to exploit.

and if that wasn't enough, westbrook is banged up. philly doesnt have him on the injury list, but you could tell he's aggravated something in that td run he had last week.

this one is a no- brainer. if you break it down.

Ooops.