Author Topic: The Protein Prejudice  (Read 4387 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: The Protein Prejudice
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 12:34:20 PM »
I can and have gotten away with eating that amount too as long as I bumped my carbs and fat up.  I actually eat noticeably less protein when I'm trying to add muscle than when I'm dieting down.  I've always felt fat and especially carbs are more important overall to adding muscle than simply consuming more protein.
you should drop protein when trying to add muscle, liquid c. from what alex says you look pretty big, you should start incorporating yoru "dieting" amount of protein into your offseason caloric intake and i will bet you start growing much faster.

you might just have enlarged waist and feel fat, simply becausee you have a bunch of meant in your intestines thats slowly beign digested, adding bulk to your midesction and weighin you down.

protein intake surely does not make one fat.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 12:35:51 PM »
that's a lot of motha fuckin protein  :o >:(
i thought you could eat alot ? 300-400 grams of protein per day is nothing in terms of appetite and eating.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »
i thought you could eat alot ? 300-400 grams of protein per day is nothing in terms of appetite and eating.

Well 300 grams a day is about 50g/meal assuming you eat 6x a day, so not too hard to accomplish there as long as your consistent with eating 6x a day or more. 

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2009, 12:40:21 PM »
only monsters need that much, as long as we are still tiny little tits we will do just fine with a few shakes and normal food.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2009, 12:42:10 PM »

yeah, but I enjoy eating chocolate and junk food, choking down protein shakes and tuna..... not so much  :D
plus I'd have to start buying alot more meat  :-\

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2009, 12:42:16 PM »
only monsters need that much, as long as we are still tiny little tits we will do just fine with a few shakes and normal food.

???? I thought everyone on GB was a monster who needed 8k+ calories a day just to maintain.  

ASJChaotic

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2009, 12:42:48 PM »

you're humble mars  ;D

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 07:11:31 PM »
I take in 4 to 5 grams per pound of bodyweight.

As long as I get 800-900 grams, I'm a happy guy.  Anything less is completely unacceptable.

If youre not joking,  I hope you weight around 40 pounds.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 07:16:53 PM »

Monster are monsters thanks to the "monster amount of steroids"...dont let them fool you compadre...

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to do it drug free"

YIP YIP"

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
???? I thought everyone on GB was a monster who needed 8k+ calories a day just to maintain. 

Is this you?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
bah.....i'll stick to high protein.

Too many bitches these days afraid of eating lots of food..... ::)
No doubt about it...

ASJChaotic

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
bah.....i'll stick to high protein.

Too many bitches these days afraid of eating lots of food..... ::)

there is a difference between eating lots of food and lots of protein  ;)

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 11:24:02 PM »
Is this you?

Yes, that's me about 3 months ago.

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 11:52:22 PM »
i dont believe this bullshit. i dont think you need that much protein to OPTIMIZE anything. information like this infects the minds of naive people, and they repeat the same shit to someone else. did they even say how much protein to consume in order to optimize health or did they just say over 2.0 per kg???

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2009, 02:03:50 AM »
I used to eat a lot of protein. 1.5grams per pound of BW minimum so 350grams plus a day.

In the last year i've gone to maybe 120 grams a day, i feel better and my blood tests are totally fine. I always had very high ALT and AST liver values now they are perfect. I have not lost any muscle and maybe am a little leaner, i was lean anyway.

Magazines are full of shit.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2009, 02:17:50 AM »
Yes, that's me about 3 months ago.

Holy shit, you're huge as a house.

Great article, btw, and finally a good source that elaborates why eating more protein has benefits and why this is so. Good stuff, even tough the moron that posted it obviously didn't even read it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2009, 11:56:46 AM »

yeah, but I enjoy eating chocolate and junk food, choking down protein shakes and tuna..... not so much  :D
plus I'd have to start buying alot more meat  :-\
so what you are saying is..... "i just eat what i like to eat and i dont care at all about eating to optimize growth or fat loss or body composition."

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »
"bohoho i don't want to eat protein" :'(

eat it >:(

more is better 8)
tank u jesus

suckmymuscle

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2009, 02:44:23 PM »
I take in 4 to 5 grams per pound of bodyweight.

As long as I get 800-900 grams, I'm a happy guy.  Anything less is completely unacceptable.

Your bones must be really frail from all the Calcium that is removed from it to buffer the acidic metabolic waste products from all that protein and to put your body in an alkaline state again, and your plasmatic level of creatinine must be astronomic. I hope your insurance covers dialyses, because you'll probably be needing it 10 years from now. Even Coleman in his prime never at more than 500 grams a day. You don't need 900 grams of protein a day to maintain a positive nitrogen balance unless you're a growing elephant.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2009, 05:37:56 PM »
  So that's you being sarcastic? Elaborate on why you disagree with me or your post will be deleted. :)

SUCMYMUSCLE
because 240 was obviously joking around

suckmymuscle

« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2009, 05:55:50 PM »
because 240 was obviously joking around

Well, Greg Kovacs did eat 1,000 grams of protein a day, so there are some nuts out there who actually do this which is why I took his statement seriously. There are some guys who take up to 100 grams a day only of glutamine. Just imagine their total protein intake. :D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 01:44:57 AM »
  Well, Greg Kovacs did eat 1,000 grams of protein a day, so there are some nuts out there who actually do this which is why I took his statement seriously. There are some guys who take up to 100 grams a day only of glutamine. Just imagine their total protein intake. :D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Probably not that high, they must be on the shitter half the day.