Author Topic: The gym is packed!!  (Read 3951 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
The gym is packed!!
« on: January 12, 2009, 09:17:42 PM »
  How long is it going to take to get back to normal? >:(
A

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: The gym is packed!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 09:19:16 PM »
Same at my gym, lots of fish out of the water looking peeps, give then until the end of February if not sooner and they will vanish.
I am a big baby

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 09:22:52 PM »
its entertaining. i love watching people at the lat pulldown stations. its amazing how creative they get.. i even saw a guy the other day trying to squat with the standing calf press.

philborg

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »
its entertaining. i love watching people at the lat pulldown stations. its amazing how creative they get.. i even saw a guy the other day trying to squat with the standing calf press.

I think these retards think it's called a "LAP" pulldown, I see so many fat bitches pulling it all the way down to their legs

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »

I use the standing calf press as a viking press sometimes. ;D

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »
I think these retards think it's called a "LAP" pulldown, I see so many fat bitches pulling it all the way down to their legs
I see men and women doing that, haha. Sometimes I want to help then I snap back to reality and think to myself live and learn, bitchs.
I am a big baby

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 09:33:46 PM »
I saw a guy on the seated calf raise machine with 4 plates. His shoes were damp from the snow and they slipped off the foot platform and the plates / swinging arm came down and slammed into the bottom of the machine.  It sounded like someone fired a gun.  ;D
S

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 11:57:40 PM »
It's interesting how few people can stick with a routine...then, how many of those can stick to a reasonable diet.
Of those, just a few can make great gains without drugs.
I'm awesome. ;) ;D
N

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 12:25:34 AM »
Don't worry. It's just everyone working on their New Year's resolution.

In a couple of weeks they will forget all about it.
G

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 12:28:55 AM »
I feel it is my duty to make people feel uncomfortable and uneasy at the gym.

For example, when they are doing an exercise, just stand as close to them as possible. You would be surprised how effective it is.

Or if in doubt, a serious case of ILS and a severe stare down will scare even the bravest man... 8)
No doubt about it...

Grenade

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »

For example, when they are doing an exercise, just stand as close to them as possible. You would be surprised how effective it is.

Or if in doubt, a serious case of ILS and a severe stare down will scare even the bravest man... 8)

slam the weights and immediatly look up with a fierce stare -works every time

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 01:25:40 AM »
slam the weights and immediatly look up with a fierce stare -works every time

Sometimes i stare so hard my head starts to shake and it looks like i'm going to explode. Hardcore. Very hardcore.

No doubt about it...

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 07:08:41 AM »

ive seen that too.  dude was beltin up for it too.  saddest thing ive ever seen in my life.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 07:11:46 AM »
mine is pretty empty still....ppl taking long holidays, I guess...only the usual ppl so far

gonna come back to normal soon though: packed Monday and Tue (shrimps realize they have to start "new life" after a weekend of shitfacing themselves) halving by Wed,Thu and almost empty on Fri :)

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 07:13:52 AM »
You just have to wear the correct attire to gym. Clears up pretty quick.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 07:34:35 AM »
In my experience, you lose about 33% or 1/3 the NYRI "New Year Resolution Idiot" members each month, so by the end of March, you should be about back to normal.  That is of course until the "I wanna get in shape and get abs" summer crowd comes in. 

kwri298

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »
This guy was trying to do Tricep pushdowns the other day but his elbows never moved, the only thing he was moving was his traps.  I asked him if he was trying to work Triceps and he said yes, then I showed him how to do it correctly.  The guy reduced the weight did a few reps correctly then he disappeared.  The stupid tool probobly didn't even know what Triceps were.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 07:36:14 AM »
i think i live in the only area where the gym didn't get that post new years rush

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 07:47:21 AM »

I just wear a tank top. gives me a 15 ft radius of free space, and any machine i want.

heretostay13

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 07:49:43 AM »
I'm at a University so it's twice as bad. Students workout for free (technically...the fee is hidden in the tuition) and there are mad amounts of people. Yesterday I had to go in at 10 a.m. just get in my quad work and today at 8 a.m. for chest work so I wouldn't have someone in my way. Last night when I went in at 9p.m. to do hamstrings and calves it was absolutely jacked. Luckily hamstrings and calves are neglected bodyparts on the majority of people, and no one gets in the way unless it's some idiotic girl doing 17 sets of 3 on the lying leg curl. And yes, the form these people have is just hortrocious (horrible + atrocious). The winner so far was a guy getting on the Chest Supported Row and trying to bench press with it. One word....solid.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »
Gym owners must love these idiots.
A

J Grey

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 08:50:20 AM »
In my experience, you lose about 33% or 1/3 the NYRI "New Year Resolution Idiot" members each month, so by the end of March, you should be about back to normal.  That is of course until the "I wanna get in shape and get abs" summer crowd comes in. 

fuck!

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 11:20:11 AM »
At least the 'get in shape and get abs summer people' dont take up the squat rack or many plates,the new years resolution guys fuck around with everything all the time,but what can you do? They pay their membership fee same as we do,bastards

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »

hahaha, i remember a friend of mine telling me to do that back in high school. I think I did it once then realized I looked like a retard and went back to the leg press (no squat rack in our ghetto gym).
It's Hip to be Square!

J Grey

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 01:21:05 PM »
At least the 'get in shape and get abs summer people' dont take up the squat rack or many plates,the new years resolution guys fuck around with everything all the time,but what can you do? They pay their membership fee same as we do,bastards

the only time I can get into my gym is early morning if I don't want there to be space to even move
afternoon, it's packed, it's bullshit!