Author Topic: The latest Kris Dim photos  (Read 34752 times)

spinnis

Re: The latest Kris Dim photos
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »

Ultimately, he's only responsible to himself...

No.  Not when he has a family and a CHILD.

"So why did you your dad die tommyboy? Cancer? car crash?"

"No, well he neglected our family and wanted to pose in a thong infront of a male crowd and abuse steroids instead."

"ohh damn ok."

gettinhuge

• Getbig III
  • Comming Soon ME!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
In this sport, we have the same thing...no different than the one Don Long had to pass, and Doctors who signed off on it.

Perhaps ASKING before jumping to conclusions of a situation you have no first hand knowledge of...may help prevent you from looking like an ignorant fool in the future.

Dont argue with these nobodies

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »

"No, well he neglected our family and wanted to pose in a thong infront of a male crowd and abuse steroids instead."

"ohh damn ok."

Exactly...it's HIS life, and HIS family, and HIS child....like I said, responsible to HIMSELF and HIS decisions.

spinnis

« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2009, 10:37:46 AM »
Exactly...it's HIS life, and HIS family, and HIS child....like I said, responsible to HIMSELF and HIS decisions.

But you would agree if I called him a self centered RETARD? :)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2009, 10:40:54 AM »

"ohh damn ok."

can we stop referring to bodybuilding as posting in thong? it's getting old
wrestlers wear tight latex and "make each other helpless by pinning each other while sweating, yes the doggy style position is common"
it's tools of the trade

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2009, 10:43:25 AM »
But you would agree if I called him a self centered RETARD? :)

You shouldnt be calling anyone a retard, as you know NOTHING of his life, facts of the matter, or what his family thinks....the only one sounding retarded...is you.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2009, 10:47:38 AM »
You shouldnt be calling anyone a retard, as you know NOTHING of his life, facts of the matter, or what his family thinks....the only one sounding retarded...is you.

you would agree though that it is foolish, objectively speaking, for him to get back to competing, correct?

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:18 AM »
We dont know the details of Kris' health, or what brought on his heart problems (could have been a genetic defect, etc)....I know Kris, and he's certainly smart enough to know whats best for him and his family...

Ultimately, he's only responsible to himself...

You are correct, we don't know. What we do know is that professional bodybuilding, being that big and heavy, is hard on your heart. Having to supply metabolic support, blood and oxygen, to an extra 75 lbs of muscle is an additional load and puts him more at risk.

Many smart people engage in risky behavior. Being intelligent and tempting fate are separate issues.

BTW Bob, as a vociferous member of the Schmoe Buster A-Team I do not approve of you being on the list. I've always considered you, in your hey day (and still may be if you want to), to be the pussy-wrecking machine that I can only hope to aspire to. I'm sure you will sleep a little bit easier with this knowledge and assurance.

Hope this helps.

spinnis

« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »

Oh brother.

Yeah his family probably wants him to almost die again HUH?

Get a grip "chic"

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2009, 11:52:08 AM »
Beats me...I dont recall the details....I do know that it's highly unusual (even with Fat intake/ cholesterol) at his age to experience a heart attack/ problems....some people are just predisposed by genetics/ family history/ race/ etc....that, added to lifestyle, could certainly do it...

I support your reasoning in this thread, Chick.  We cannot control the decisions that Kris Dim makes.   That being said, even with a genetic disposition to heart issues (which we don't know that Dim even has?) the very lifestyle of bodybuilding could surely not have helped his heart?

The extreme training, "supplements" and dehydration with diuretics for a show can only put Dim at risk to compete?  What will be the industry reaction if Dim suffers another heart attack at the Ironman?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2009, 11:55:24 AM »
i can understand making the decision to come back i he was ronnie coleman going or mr o 9, or dexter jackson or even jay, but not a guy that finished out of the top 5 in most shows.

he must have a death wish.
175lbs by 31st July

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »
Agreed Grant...certainly not disputing the riggors of competing, only that Kris Dim is a grown man and can make his own decisions.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »
he doesnt look too healthy in the face....
 :-\
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2009, 12:01:54 PM »
What on Earth are this guys friends and family saying to this guy? He's a drug addict and needs serious, serious help.
I don't care what anyone says steroids is a one way ticket to destruction.... not only physically mentally... a lot
people who take them NEVER want to come off at any cost Kris dim is a prime example.
choice is an illusion

J Grey

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2009, 12:02:47 PM »
I don't care what anyone says steroids is a one way ticket to destruction.... not only physically mentally... a lot
people who take them NEVER want to come off at any cost Kris dim is a prime example.

lets see some pictures big guy

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2009, 12:06:43 PM »
sayin that i dont wish bad for anyone....
I wish him the best but seriously he doesnt look well in the face
but ultimately its his descision  :-\
choice is an illusion

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »
In this sport, we have the same thing...no different than the one Don Long had to pass, and Doctors who signed off on it.

You're saying that a doctor, who understands what goes into competing in bodybuilding at a professional level, actually signed off on this?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2009, 12:41:06 PM »
You're saying that a doctor, who understands what goes into competing in bodybuilding at a professional level, actually signed off on this?

That is correct sir....that was the stipulation in order for Don to compete.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 01:00:48 PM »

Of course it is! But that does not preclude us from commenting on this. Just like all risky behavior: alcoholism, drug abuse, anorexia, over eating, etc.... Sometimes if enough pressure, peer pressure and pointing out the dangers, one can reconsider if it's worth it. 100x especially if you have kids and people that depend on you.

I remember a friend who was hell bent on murdering someone who banged his wife. When I tried to talk him out of it he gave the same reasons, "My life, my responsibility, my choice..." And of course it is but when you weigh the cost and what he has to lose is it worth it? He decided not to become a murderer.

If Dimm is so smart I'm sure you can make a great living doing something other than pro bodybuilding. I know he loves it and he doesn't have to give it up but just not make the sacrifices and risks inherent in the sport at the pro level. Most of us had to abandon our dreams of glory when we finally realized it just wasn't going to happen. It's called growing up and facing reality. Not all of us can be champions and live lives of fame and glory.

*sigh.... fantasizes about holding UFC belt over my head and yelling, "How do you like me now, bitches!"

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »
Of course it is! But that does not preclude us from commenting on this. Just like all risky behavior: alcoholism, drug abuse, anorexia, over eating, etc.... Sometimes if enough pressure, peer pressure and pointing out the dangers, one can reconsider if it's worth it. 100x especially if you have kids and people that depend on you.

I remember a friend who was hell bent on murdering someone who banged his wife. When I tried to talk him out of it he gave the same reasons, "My life, my responsibility, my choice..." And of course it is but when you weigh the cost and what he has to lose is it worth it? He decided not to become a murderer.

If Dimm is so smart I'm sure you can make a great living doing something other than pro bodybuilding. I know he loves it and he doesn't have to give it up but just not make the sacrifices and risks inherent in the sport. Most of us had to abandon our dreams of glory when he finally realized it just wasn't going to happen. It's called growing up and facing reality. Not all of us can be champions and live lives of fame and glory.

*sigh.... fantasizes about holding UFC belt over my head and yelling, "How do you like me now, bitches!"

Kris is not doing this to "make a living"...thats for sure.

His reasons are his own...why jump to conclusions as to WHY is is choosing to compete again?

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009, 01:14:20 PM »

His reasons are his own...why jump to conclusions as to WHY is is choosing to compete again?

What jump to conclusions? He's doing it I believe because genuinely he loves it and wants to make a mark. Be a champion. Hey, welcome to the club. It's just that it is not unreasonable to question his judgement. I mean, the guy almost died. Professional bodybuilding will increase that risk. He has a family. That makes a big difference. I wouldn't care as much if he was single and didn't have those responsibilities. I feel he's being reckless and selfish. But of course it's his choice. Just like it's a fatties choice to eat those brownies and ice cream at night. Or for the alcoholic to keep drinking. Or speed down a crowded street. We are just saying it's a bad choice.

What about you? What do you think? I know, I know, we now live in a very non judgemental society and saying something is better than something else or something is not a good idea is being a moralist. It's his decision and who are we to say that it doesn't sound like a good idea or is being responsible. It's all relative. it's all good, eh?

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2009, 01:16:14 PM »

PBW interview with Kris?
just not good enough

mwbbuilder

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2009, 01:16:58 PM »
Even a natural bodybuilder puts his body under extreme, unnecessary stress. It's not JUST the drugs that makes competing a bad idea.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2009, 01:18:08 PM »
the reason why most people do what they do is a dysfunctionnal family or a huge insecurity that may or may not be induced by a dyfunctionnal family. period.

Something to prove, to someone, for some reasons. While the only thing we ve been designed for is fuck, eat, shit and die, whoever we are.

animals dont care about proving stuff to others animals, they live and die the way they are born.Weak, or strong.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2009, 01:25:30 PM »
the reason why most people do what they do is a dysfunctionnal family or a huge insecurity that may or may not be induced by a dyfunctionnal family. period.

Something to prove, to someone, for some reasons. While the only thing we ve been designed for is fuck, eat, shit and die, whoever we are.

animals dont care about proving stuff to others animals, they live and die the way they are born.Weak, or strong.

Maybe so, but so what? A person is born weak and gets picked on and this gives him the drive to be big and strong. A person is born into poverty and this gives him the drive to be a financial success. Arnold has always admitted that he wasn't normal and this need to be notices and famous "to be remembered like Christ."

Often it is the imbalance ones that make a differenc in the world. What normal person would want to be President?

Sherman didn't torch Georgia and bring the Civil War to an end because he was just your normal everyday bloke.