Author Topic: Go see Gran Torino  (Read 6071 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
Re: Go see Gran Torino
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2009, 08:00:05 AM »
i also recommend TAKEN good movie

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2009, 10:41:36 AM »
One of the best movies ive seen in a long time. Clint Eastwoods character had to have used every ethnic slur known to man and was absolutely awesome in his role.

Heres just the slurs I can remember.
Gook
Chink
Chinamen
Wop
Spook
Dago
Kike
Zipperhead
Polack
Slantface
####

And many many others, any movie that can use that many derogatory terms in less than a 2 hour period deserves anyones viewing attention. But dont take my word for it, go see it, its bad ass.

WOW...I though Clint Eastwood was DEAD already...

How is it he is using such terms as WOP, Polack and Kike??? These are terms describing whites!!!!! Slant Face I believe is a derogatory term used against people who are retarded. DAMN...that old cracker has lost what little mind, if any, he ever had. I will wait for it to go online...no need wasting my hard earned money..
C

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2009, 03:47:56 PM »

I will find you.
 I will kill you.

Good luck.

Gracie Rules

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2009, 04:16:35 PM »
Eastwood needs to take some testosterone,,looks like a menapausal woman.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2009, 04:21:00 PM »
I think the one slur that wasn't used, that (given how he does not hold anything else back) I was surprised he didn't use, was the N word.

I learned "slope" though. Not sure where that came from, but it's new to me.

But he did call the black kids "spooks" which i think is far more creative than guy.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »
One of the best movies ive seen in a long time. Clint Eastwoods character had to have used every ethnic slur known to man and was absolutely awesome in his role.

Heres just the slurs I can remember.
Gook
Chink
Chinamen
Wop
Spook
Dago
Kike
Zipperhead
Polack
Slantface
####

And many many others, any movie that can use that many derogatory terms in less than a 2 hour period deserves anyones viewing attention. But dont take my word for it, go see it, its bad ass.

he asked that one white kid "what are you trying to do...be SUPER SPADE ." when he chumped off the black kids

what about this scene.."what $10 you become part jew...you raise the price every week"

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 04:39:21 PM »
he asked that one white kid "what are you trying to do...be SUPER SPADE ." when he chumped off the black kids

what about this scene.."what $10 you become part jew...you raise the price every week"

HAHA! both awesome scenes. I especially liked the Super Spade comment.

And what was funny, was that more people laughed out loud during this movie than any comedy ive seen in recent memory, and it was a Clint Eastwood film for crying out loud :)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »
But he did call the black kids "spooks" which i think is far more creative than guy.

Creative yes. I was just saying, he said everything else politically incorrect, why not throw that one in?
Probably knew he could make the movie as he did, without too much hoopla. But if he used that term, he'd be criticized across the board and back.

Has Beens

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 06:16:32 PM »
When he was in the living room at the party next door he said something like...." what are all you fish heads lookin at ?". I thought the movie was great !

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 07:48:19 PM »
Sounds like funny shit.   ;D
☠ Order of Nephilim

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
Gran Torino was written by Nick Schenk. The film's programmatic depiction of Walt's transition from xenophobe to grudging member of a "changing" America is hardly subtle . It appears to be a pretty formulaic piece about how the old geezer becomes the unlikely protector of a family of foreigners that move in next door, and in particular a surrogate father-figure to the teen son and daughter. And they’re not merely foreigners, which would disturb him in any case; they’re Southeast Asian (Hmong, specifically), and so look very much like the “gooks” he killed during service in the Korean War.
Though this basic “reform of the codger” plot has been told many times, not only on the big screen but on the tube, what sets it apart in this case is both the degree of prejudice the old coot expresses—Eastwood's character Walt uses about every racial epithet you can imagine—and the fact that it’s not really offensive because it is all what we secretly think on a daily basis. The affection for Eastwood that a viewer automatically brings with him, allows the mainstream to laugh at the character’s "misguided" attitudes rather than become frightened by them. Eastwood's Walt Kowalski becomes a sort of spindly twenty-first century version of Archie Bunker, and you know that whatever he says, there’s a heart beating within him that will eventually win out. The picture thus delivers the message that there’s a PC multiculturalist inside every racist just straining to get out, no matter how set in his ways he might be.
While becoming embroiled in the Third World hell that urban Detroit has become, Walt Kowalski's racial sense of justice, morality and order won’t allow him to ignore some of the more egregious behavior he witnesses. He attempts to civilize the Muds around him by example through service and empathy, yet the film's writer makes it plain that there’s no place left in the world for Walt and those like him. But while Walt and his ilk may be doomed, they are useful to a point.
The obligatory uplifting postscript—extremely corny, but strengthening Walt’s symbolic value as the last of his kind—shrewdly reiterates the multicult agenda, albeit in a lopsided, hammy and overdetermined manner.
I am a Clint Eastwood fan, but I found this film to be below average tripe and—with Eastwood's claim that with this film, he retires from acting—a disappointing farewell from a beloved film icon.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 06:30:20 PM »
So this films tells us that we should be super happy and ecstatic about our proud nation being overrun by ignorant, uneducated, drug dealing, crime committing, neighborhood destroying, women raping, welfare sucking, over-breeding rats and thus turned into Dubai, India or some other 3rd world hell hole?

Splendid!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
Word is, Clint Eastwod will portray Bobby Sylvester in the movie version of "Last American Badass".   Clint gets to play all the tough guys!

Ron: "I am lazy."

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 06:47:39 PM »
Saw it and thought it was great! Some will like it, some won't, movie critics suck ass. Just one man's opinion although if they are getting paid good I would have their job.  ;D Also looking forward to seeing Taken. PS Heard this site has some movies on it although not sure. www.watch-movies.net

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 07:00:39 PM »
So this films tells us that we should be super happy and ecstatic about our proud nation being overrun by ignorant, uneducated, drug dealing, crime committing, neighborhood destroying, women raping, welfare sucking, over-breeding rats and thus turned into Dubai, India or some other 3rd world hell hole?

Splendid!
exactly.  Kinda ironic isnt it.

"disgusted" "enjoyed" it though  ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
It's fucked that he died.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 08:03:10 PM »
It's fucked that he died.

Thanks for the "SPOILER" warning, fatass!  >:(
Ron: "I am lazy."

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 08:11:32 PM »

Thanks for the "SPOILER" warning, fatass!  >:(

Oh Goatballs, "Spoiler"  Hope this helps ;D

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 08:18:55 PM »

Also looking forward to seeing Taken.

Didn't find it all that.
Expected more from it...

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 08:41:30 PM »
Saw Gran Torino yesterday. Movie pulls no punches and is one of the top 5 movies this and last year. If you are of Asian descent don't take it personally its all for realistic cinema.   ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 08:47:51 PM »
exactly.  Kinda ironic isnt it.

"disgusted" "enjoyed" it though  ::)

It's just a movie Flapjawjones. No reason to think too much into it.  ::)