Author Topic: Apparently Kennedy has lost her luster  (Read 2065 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Apparently Kennedy has lost her luster
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:32 PM »
No, I think others here would agree.  You said one thing:

And I simply pointed out the last two most liberal senators won the nomination.  One almost won the general election, and the other won by a large margin.

I disproved your point.  You don't have to call me ignorant.  Just say "Good point, 240" and move on to something else.  You're being a sore loser on this one small point.
LOL you also didnt take into account that just about any democrat that ran this election probably would have won due to backlash from the bush administration but hey that doesnt need to be mentioned  ::) Also that obama ran on a platform of bi partisanship but hey that doesnt need to be mentioned either huh?  ::)

again you missed the forest for the trees.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2009, 09:34:33 PM »
any democrat that ran this election probably would have won due to backlash from the bush administration

Mccain led on Intrade, Pollster, and Zogby (along with every other poll) on sept 12th, 2008.

So you know, unless Palin had done that pesky couric interview on sept 13th (which led to a gradual decline that never rebounded), he very well could have won.

There goes your theory, champ.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2009, 09:36:42 PM »
Mccain led on Intrade, Pollster, and Zogby (along with every other poll) on sept 12th, 2008.

So you know, unless Palin had done that pesky couric interview on sept 13th (which led to a gradual decline that never rebounded), he very well could have won.

obama led the majority of the campaign sport and you know this to be true you touted every single poll out there so mccain came out ahead for a week or two in polls that doesnt take away from the point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
obama led the majority of the campaign sport and you know this to be true you touted every single poll out there so mccain came out ahead for a week or two in polls that doesnt take away from the point.

Obama led until the RNC convention, and it was very close for a month.  mccain did lead in all of these indicators in mid-sept.  we talked about it bigtime here.  Some ppl said the race was over, yada yada.

Then, mccain let that tart open her mouth without a script, and, well, you know the rest.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2009, 10:02:19 PM »
Obama led until the RNC convention, and it was very close for a month.  mccain did lead in all of these indicators in mid-sept.  we talked about it bigtime here.  Some ppl said the race was over, yada yada.

Then, mccain let that tart open her mouth without a script, and, well, you know the rest.
again the fact that mccain led for a week or two doesnt change the fact that obama led the majority of the time, that just about any dem would have won this election, kennedy is grossly underqualified and not deserving or the fact that she shouldnt be given this seat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2009, 10:10:08 PM »
again the fact that mccain led for a week or two doesnt change the fact that obama led the majority of the time, that just about any dem would have won this election, kennedy is grossly underqualified and not deserving or the fact that she shouldnt be given this seat.

He made his selection, and Obama's lead was gone overnight.

Within 2 weeks, the nation loved her and mccain was up a steady 1-3% in polls, including the in state-by-states.

He shoulda won this thing. He blew it.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 06:25:31 AM »

Thats not the reason idiot.The reason he lost was because he suspended his campaign and did nothing to stop the bailout.Period,end of story.She had nothing to do with it.Thats why she was drawing 60,000 in Florida and he was getting 10,000.Conservatives WOULDS NOT have come out at all for McCain,SHE was the draw.Get your facts straight.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »

He lost because of "economy is solid" remark and the suspending his campaign only to back the TARP.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2009, 07:06:49 AM »

After he suspended his campaign he went down by double digits in two weeks.It had nothing to do with Palin champ.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2009, 07:09:19 AM »
After he suspended his campaign he went down by double digits in two weeks.It had nothing to do with Palin champ.

their campaign was getting slayed on the nightly news with a new clip each night of palin's idiocy.

I can name about ten people I know, who had no clue he suspended his campaign for 12 hours mid-week.  But they sure can tell you about palin's idiotic quotes.

Tina fey was named entertainer of the year.  Sure wasn't because of a one-day campaign stop.  It was because of those clips we've seen 10,000 times. 

Palin contributed to it sinking.  Sure, his campaign suspension sunk it for a few people.  But FAR more people knew about "I can see Russia from my house!"

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2009, 07:21:16 AM »
He lost because of "economy is solid" remark and the suspending his campaign only to back the TARP.
qft

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2009, 08:43:05 AM »
their campaign was getting slayed on the nightly news with a new clip each night of palin's idiocy.

I can name about ten people I know, who had no clue he suspended his campaign for 12 hours mid-week.  But they sure can tell you about palin's idiotic quotes.

Tina fey was named entertainer of the year.  Sure wasn't because of a one-day campaign stop.  It was because of those clips we've seen 10,000 times. 

Palin contributed to it sinking.  Sure, his campaign suspension sunk it for a few people.  But FAR more people knew about "I can see Russia from my house!"

The media did do that but the facts are his ratings dropped when the stockmarket dropped like a stone and he suspended his campaign.Thats a fact.You can try to blame Palin all you want but ignoring facts makes you look stupid.Also,isnt it amazing that the media will show her gaffs but TOTALLY ignore Joe Bidens mistakes.JOBS is a three letter word,the FDR comment,the idiotic performance at the debate where he made 7 mistakes,telling a cripple to stand up.The media ignored it.You hit the nail on the head.The media is behind the negative Palin stuff.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
The media did do that but the facts are his ratings dropped when the stockmarket dropped like a stone and he suspended his campaign.Thats a fact.You can try to blame Palin all you want but ignoring facts makes you look stupid.Also,isnt it amazing that the media will show her gaffs but TOTALLY ignore Joe Bidens mistakes.JOBS is a three letter word,the FDR comment,the idiotic performance at the debate where he made 7 mistakes,telling a cripple to stand up.The media ignored it.You hit the nail on the head.The media is behind the negative Palin stuff.
QFT on all accounts

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2009, 10:06:32 AM »
Don't forget the media infatuation with Obama, resulting in disproportionate positive news coverage, along with Obama buying a 30 minute infomercial in prime time on every major network (with only CNN refusing to run it).  Unprecedented. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »
Decision is coming next week. 

Clinton's seat to be filled next week
Posted: 01:44 PM ET

From CNN Ticker Producer Alexander Mooney

(CNN) — New York Gov. David Paterson said Friday he is prepared to announce who will replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate immediately after the presidential inauguration.

In an interview on New York radio station WFAN, Paterson said he had planned on making the announcement this weekend, but later decided the timing would be better next week.

"We now know that Sen. Clinton is going to be the secretary of state. She sailed through her committee hearing," Paterson said "I would probably have done it this weekend, but I decided I didn't want to trample on Sen. Clinton's ability to come back and say farewell to her constituents, or the inauguration."

"Right after the inauguration, I expect to be getting to that," he added.

Paterson, who alone has the power to appoint someone to replace Clinton for two years, also dismissed recent polls showing more New Yorkers want state Attorney Gen. Andrew Cuomo for the post rather than Caroline Kenedy.

"The polls go up and down, it was somebody else a few weeks ago," he said. "I think that's more name recognition. There are some great candidates who have distinguished themselves who are not as well known."

Two recent polls both showed Kennedy has lost significant support among New Yorkers since she first expressed interest in the job.

But ultimately, Paterson said, his job is not to pick the candidate who’s most popular at the moment.

"It's the person who is going to be popular in 2010, when they run for re-election," the New York governor said.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »

(CNN) — New York Gov. David Paterson said Friday he is prepared to announce who will replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate immediately after the presidential inauguration.

In an interview on New York radio station WFAN, Paterson said he had planned on making the announcement this weekend, but later decided the timing would be better next week.

"We now know that Sen. Clinton is going to be the secretary of state. She sailed through her committee hearing," Paterson said "I would probably have done it this weekend, but I decided I didn't want to trample on Sen. Clinton's ability to come back and say farewell to her constituents, or the inauguration."

Paterson, who alone has the power to appoint someone to replace Clinton for two years, also dismissed recent polls showing more New Yorkers want state Attorney Gen. Andrew Cuomo for the post rather than Caroline Kenedy.

"The polls go up and down, it was somebody else a few weeks ago," he said. "I think that's more name recognition. There are some great candidates who have distinguished themselves who are not as well known."

Two recent polls both showed Kennedy has lost significant support among New Yorkers since she first expressed interest in the job.

But ultimately, Paterson said, his job is not to pick the candidate who’s most popular at the moment.

"It's the person who is going to be popular in 2010, when they run for re-election," the New York governor said.

I dont think that will be Kennedy in 2010 YOU KNOW.Because ,YOU KNOW,she wont get a lot done YOU KNOW during the next two years.YOU KNOW.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 11:14:52 AM »

WOW  ::) yea its not the person who will represent the state the best or do the best job or who is most qualified its who will be more popular in the next election  ::) again just fuking WOW

He already sounds like he is defending picking kennedy to the press, NY seems like a lovely place to live  ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »
WOW  ::) yea its not the person who will represent the state the best or do the best job or who is most qualified its who will be more popular in the next election  ::) again just fuking WOW

He already sounds like he is defending picking kennedy to the press, NY seems like a lovely place to live  ::)

Its not if you care about these types of things.