Author Topic: Tom Varga  (Read 10683 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Tom Varga
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »
he was an IFBB pro.

He reminds me of Vince Commerford. I remember Varga now. Did he compete as a pro?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2009, 09:57:01 AM »

He reminds me of Vince Commerford. I remember Varga now. Did he compete as a pro?
i'm pretty sure he did, he's one of the best bodybuilders to come out of this area ever, i'd say him and Erpelding are the two best to ever come out of STL.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2009, 10:17:28 AM »
If Erpelding had Tommy's work ethic and drive, he would be a top pro.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
i'm pretty sure he did, he's one of the best bodybuilders to come out of this area ever, i'd say him and Erpelding are the two best to ever come out of STL.
mark has got a good shot,he's as good as say putnam,without the publicity,his build backs it up,good arms ,delts.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »
mark has got a good shot,he's as good as say putnam,without the publicity,his build backs it up,good arms ,delts.
actually i think Mark is way better than Putnam, much better back and upper body in general, legs about equal, problem is Mark just can't get the publicity that Peter does, Mark has the largest arms pound for pound that i've ever seen on a human being in my life.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
I first saw Mark guest pose as a teenager at a mid-nineties Mr Saint Louis BB show. When I heard a teenage was the guest poser I was disappointed. Then Mark came out and blew everyone away. We had never seen a local teenager that looked like him. I think it was a couple of years later he tore a quad and was a huge setback.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2009, 08:35:01 PM »
I first saw Mark guest pose as a teenager at a mid-nineties Mr Saint Louis BB show. When I heard a teenage was the guest poser I was disappointed. Then Mark came out and blew everyone away. We had never seen a local teenager that looked like him. I think it was a couple of years later he tore a quad and was a huge setback.
yeah the quad tears were bad but he came back from it and hopefully he can get that pro card he's been chasing for years, did you train at Rick's old gym?

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2009, 08:40:13 PM »
No, I lived right down the street from Rick's gym. But, at the time I trained at Turners West. For some reason I didn't get a good vibe from Rick. I've been trying to remember the name of that gym?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2009, 08:43:05 PM »
No, I lived right down the street from Rick's gym. But, at the time I trained at Turners West. For some reason I didn't get a good vibe from Rick. I've been trying to remember the name of that gym?
Champion's Gym.

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2009, 08:44:44 PM »
Yep, that's it!!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2009, 08:46:34 PM »
Yep, that's it!!
that was a LONG time ago, i was still in high school when that place was around, he moved it a few times since then and then finally closed it and Gold's took over.