Author Topic: The Motivational Thread  (Read 2660 times)

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
Re: The Motivational Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 06:56:09 PM »
Holy shit how tall is the johhny falcon
7 feet??? ???
nice transformation leafy bug

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2009, 06:57:08 PM »
Thanks for sharing your pics with us Leafy.  Even in the first set, anyone can see your potential.  :)

:)

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2009, 06:59:44 PM »
Thanks for sharing your pics with us Leafy.  Even in the first set, anyone can see your potential.  :)

whoa!
Heeey ripitupbaby
why dont you post some pics please! ;D

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2009, 07:00:34 PM »
How do eat pizza and stay lean while growing now when you clearly aren't genetically lean based on the first set of pictures?
I attribute it to a body composition change. You literally have to train your body to run on different energy sources. I always recommend people drop down as lean as they can get before they start eating heavy. I remember my friend who used to bodybuild was always lean and eating garbage and i could never figure it out. It wasn't until after dieting down a few times that my body started to function the way i wanted it too. I always tell people the best way to grow is to drop down until you can go no further and then to start cramming the calories down. It will get to a point where your BMR will increase and it will be very difficult to store fat. Another thing that is strange with me is that i have difficulty growing when i'm eating  a lot of calories/ bulking. I notice when i'm dropping body fat i have growth spurts. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that you have insulin receptors in your fat and i THINK you have androgen receptors in your fat as well.... not 100% sure on that though. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. When you burn this fat you have more open receptors in your muscles.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2009, 07:02:36 PM »

You shutup hahahahaha  ;)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2009, 07:04:24 PM »
I attribute it to a body composition change. You literally have to train your body to run on different energy sources. I always recommend people drop down as lean as they can get before they start eating heavy. I remember my friend who used to bodybuild was always lean and eating garbage and i could never figure it out. It wasn't until after dieting down a few times that my body started to function the way i wanted it too. I always tell people the best way to grow is to drop down until you can go no further and then to start cramming the calories down. It will get to a point where your BMR will increase and it will be very difficult to store fat. Another thing that is strange with me is that i have difficulty growing when i'm eating  a lot of calories/ bulking. I notice when i'm dropping body fat i have growth spurts. I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that you have insulin receptors in your fat and i THINK you have androgen receptors in your fat as well.... not 100% sure on that though. Someone correct me if i'm wrong. When you burn this fat you have more open receptors in your muscles.

no it's just an optical illusion, at a certain point enough fat melts away so that you see more of the muscle.  At low tide rocks look bigger, but' it's not because they have grown.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »
no it's just an optical illusion, at a certain point enough fat melts away so that you see more of the muscle.  At low tide rocks look bigger, but' it's not because they have grown.
Nahhh i have pictures to prove it.. But that is also part of the process. There will be weeks sometimes where i don't lose weight and i will harden up and get leaner.