Author Topic: IFSA vs WSM  (Read 1840 times)

brent2741

• Getbig IV
IFSA vs WSM
« on: January 17, 2009, 11:23:33 AM »
which one do you think has the superior strongmen?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: IFSA vs WSM
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:54:18 PM »
IFSA by a country mile, more heavier static strength events and less "running with weights" bullshit.

MONSTER_TRICEPS

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 03:05:42 PM »
IFSA is more about strenght, WSM is strenght mixed with endurance.

Guys like Savickas, Virastyuck, or Koklyaev are better than Pudzi when it comes to pure raw strength.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 06:22:17 PM »
IFSA is more about strenght, WSM is strenght mixed with endurance.

Guys like Savickas, Virastyuck, or Koklyaev are better than Pudzi when it comes to pure raw strength.

i agree, but man kaz was the man. So for that alone i put wsm close but still a distant second to IFSA. PLus the whole lifting in a frozen building with ice cold aluminum blocks thats just.... cool

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 11:23:41 PM »
Too bad IFSA is over with. :-\

The Arnold Classic is where it really goes down.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »
I just wish there was only the one federation and then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

brent2741

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 10:30:54 AM »
I just wish there was only the one federation and then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

i agree, i do love the WSM but i dont feel like the world's best is fully represented.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2009, 10:59:21 PM »

i agree, but man kaz was the man. So for that alone i put wsm close but still a distant second to IFSA. PLus the whole lifting in a frozen building with ice cold aluminum blocks thats just.... cool

that's because WSM, back in kaz's day, what was the IFSA is now. watch the old specials from the 1980's they did lifts for singles. silver dollar deadlift, log press, etc. now it's long farmer's walks and fireman's carries or log press for reps where the winner gets 17. i'm far more impressed with savickas's 440 single than someone doing 20 reps with a light log.

and for the record, when savickas entered WSM he got 2nd over and over. when pudz entered the IFSA he barely cracked top five. food for thought.