Author Topic: Bush Commutes Border Agents' Sentences  (Read 7111 times)

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
Re: Bush Commutes Border Agents' Sentences
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »
Are you sure?

Pelosi has been doing it for quite a while.

Not with that specific goal in mind. You can get them to do what you say, but you can't stop them from doing things that hurt the cause.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »
You must be looking at history through a kaleidoscope. Che Guevara really wasn't much of a killer, as the only people he killed were suspected traitors. He was definitely not a poor leader, and any failures to spark revolution in S.America or Africa was due to the fact that it was bound to fail and not due to any shortcomings of him. You can't lead idiots.
Don't waste  your time man ,this is Getbig you know.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »
Your username tells a whole lot about you. They shot a drug dealer... Big fucking deal... You must be pissed that your shipment got stopped.

they were dirty cops

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2007/09/04/ramos_compean/index.html

At trial in the federal courthouse in El Paso, Border Patrol agents from the Fabens station took the stand to testify against Ramos and Compean. Fellow agents, including one who had observed the shooting, contradicted Compean's story about where he was and how he was positioned when he fired his weapon. The agent who had helped Compean hide shell casings admitted it under oath. Prosecutors showed that Compean had repeatedly changed his story about the shooting and that it didn't match Ramos' account. They were also able to show that although Compean had discussed the shooting with other agents after it happened, it wasn't until his arrest that he began claiming that Aldrete-Davila had had a gun.

The prosecution's version of events was convincing enough for the jury, in March 2006, to find Ramos and Compean guilty of all but assault with intent to commit murder. Most media coverage of the case was local, and it comported with the jury's verdict: a bad shooting, a coverup and damning testimony from fellow agents that led to an uncontroversial conviction. Seven months later, a judge sentenced Ramos and Compean to 11 and 12 years in prison, respectively.

But by the time of their sentencing, the right wing had discovered the agents and begun constructing a new narrative. Ramos and Compean's newfound supporters soon settled on a radically different version of the shooting, cobbled together from speculation, rumors, misstatements of fact and various unproven assertions cherry-picked from the case the defense presented at trial.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2009, 04:33:54 PM »
Your username tells a whole lot about you. They shot a drug dealer... Big fucking deal... You must be pissed that your shipment got stopped.

I think drugs should be legalized anyway. As far as they knew, they shot a guy for transporting a few hundred pounds of a plant that people smoke to change their feelings. If you look at it for what it is, you'll see how they were wrong. We waste billions in this country putting people in prison for a plant that they smoke while at the same time other more dangerous plants (tobacco for instance) are legal.

Also, they DESTROYED EVIDENCE, LIED TO THE POLICE, LIED TO PROSECUTORS. If these were 2 innocent people then why did they do all they could to hide what they did?

::)

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »
Dirty cops. Who cares?
Lied to police. Who cares?
Destroyed evidence. Who cares?
Lied to prosecutors. Who cares?
Shot an unarmed man in the back. Who cares?

It was a drug dealer! That exonerates everything they did! Duhh!

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »
I think drugs should be legalized anyway. As far as they knew, they shot a guy for transporting a few hundred pounds of a plant that people smoke to change their feelings. If you look at it for what it is, you'll see how they were wrong. We waste billions in this country putting people in prison for a plant that they smoke while at the same time other more dangerous plants (tobacco for instance) are legal.

Also, they DESTROYED EVIDENCE, LIED TO THE POLICE, LIED TO PROSECUTORS. If these were 2 innocent people then why did they do all they could to hide what they did?

I could forgive the  DESTROYED EVIDENCE, LIED TO THE POLICE, LIED TO PROSECUTORS if it keeps a known drug dealer from polluting our streets.. These two guys should get a medal. plain and simple.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »
Dirty cops. Who cares?
Lied to police. Who cares?
Destroyed evidence. Who cares?
Lied to prosecutors. Who cares?
Shot an unarmed man in the back. Who cares?

It was a drug dealer! That exonerates everything they did! Duhh!

Glad you see it clearly. That's it in a nutshell... I sleep better at night knowing two guys like this don't mind shooting scumbags.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »
History says he  tried and failed miserably to begin revolutions in S.America. Castro didn't even want him anywhere near the Bay of Pigs because he was such a poor leader.

He died alone and as a failure.

And Castro might be a fuck, but he succeed in Cuba. Che has gained a mythic status because of shmoes and their t-shirts which bear his image.

he died alone and a failure?   yeah he was captured, tortured and killed.

good on the bush pardons.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2009, 04:43:10 PM »
I could forgive the  DESTROYED EVIDENCE, LIED TO THE POLICE, LIED TO PROSECUTORS if it keeps a known drug dealer from polluting our streets.. These two guys should get a medal. plain and simple.

You dumbfuck. What the guy was doing shouldn't even be illegal.

Would you be saying everything you're saying if this guy was transporting Dandelions opposed to Marijuana?

Why does the fact that the plant is smoked and makes people feel different have any relevance?

Moreover, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Didn't you learn this as a child? If I commit several crimes to stop a crime, I belong in jail also. That is how our society continues to exist. There is a reason why what they did was illegal, and why they were put in jail.

The guy would have been jailed anyway. These 2 jackasses are so fucking stupid that their actions actually ensured that the drugdealer got away.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2009, 04:45:09 PM »
Glad you see it clearly. That's it in a nutshell... I sleep better at night knowing two guys like this don't mind shooting scumbags.

So you've never used Marijuana in your life? Hypocrite?
Never had alcohol?
Never had tobacco?

Would you feel the same way if he was transporting Alcohol or Tobacco? Both substances are much more dangerous than Marijuana. Why is someone transporting Marijuana necessary a scumbag?

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2009, 04:55:23 PM »
I sleep better at night knowing two guys like this don't mind shooting scumbags.

the problem is who gets to decide who's a scumbag?  we already have a system in place to do that, trial by jury. and even though juries can make mistakes, we have a system in place to correct that, the appeal process.  two police officers don't have the authority to make such decisions, mainly because if they're wrong there is no way to undo their actions.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2009, 05:00:25 PM »
The war on drugs is one of the biggest farces of the 20th and 21th century. It's a joke, and far too many mental midgets like to go by what they are told by propaganda and believe that "drugs are bad" or "Just say no" while at the same time actually using illegal drugs or using legal drugs that are just as bad or worse.

A marijuana transporter? Shoot him in the back and destroy the evidence!!!

A tobacco or alcohol seller? Let'em alone!

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »
The war on drugs is one of the biggest farces of the 20th and 21th century. It's a joke, and far too many mental midgets like to go by what they are told by propaganda and believe that "drugs are bad" or "Just say no" while at the same time actually using illegal drugs or using legal drugs that are just as bad or worse.

A marijuana transporter? Shoot him in the back and destroy the evidence!!!

A tobacco or alcohol seller? Let'em alone!

Quit being such a whiny Pothead. Don't you have a bag of Funyuns to eat or something?

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2009, 05:07:19 PM »
Quit being such a whiny Pothead. Don't you have a bag of Funyuns to eat or something?

I'm not a pothead by any means. By your logic, though, would someone who disapproves of prohibition be an Alcoholic?  ::)

Why am I bothering making well thought out responses to simpletons? Waste of time.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2009, 05:09:03 PM »

Why am I bothering making well thought out responses to simpletons? Waste of time.

They're not as well thought out as you might think.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2009, 05:18:45 PM »
They're not as well thought out as you might think.

Sure they are. If they were simple or wrong then people would be all over them to respond to them and prove their own intelligence. But the fact that my responses are indeed totally correct and thought out means that people are much less likely to actually respond to their content, to the arguments I'm making.

gymguy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2009, 05:19:49 PM »
Good job, Pres Bush!

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2009, 05:23:07 PM »
he died alone and a failure?   yeah he was captured, tortured and killed.

good on the bush pardons.

Put simply, what did he do? What did he accomplish.

Answer: Nothing.

Except that his image adorns countless trinkets sold to unsuspecting idiots that think it makes them hip and cool.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2009, 05:24:58 PM »

Sure they are. If they were simple or wrong then people would be all over them to respond to them and prove their own intelligence. But the fact that my responses are indeed totally correct and thought out means that people are much less likely to actually respond to their content, to the arguments I'm making.

Nobody cares about what you think either way. It is the same liberal response to a topic that has been debated way too many times for anyone to care.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 05:27:45 PM »
Put simply, what did he do? What did he accomplish.

Answer: Nothing.

Except that his image adorns countless trinkets sold to unsuspecting idiots that think it makes them hip and cool.

So since we're killing anyone who has done nothing and accomplished nothing...How long have you got left? You surely must be high on the list.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009, 05:29:04 PM »
Nobody cares about what you think either way. It is the same liberal response to a topic that has been debated way too many times for anyone to care.

Your post disproves your own contention.  ::)

Not the brightest bulb in the room are we?

CARTEL

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 05:31:08 PM »
Your post disproves your own contention.  ::)

Not the brightest bulb in the room are we?

Another excellent post  ::)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 05:32:49 PM »

So since we're killing anyone who has done nothing and accomplished nothing...How long have you got left? You surely must be high on the list.

Huh? You must have trouble with reading comprehension, boy.

I was speaking of Che and the supposed "merits" of his life as a failed revolutionary and T-Shirt star of capitalism.

I wasn't speaking of the drug dealer by any means. If the two border agents are crooked then they should be in jail. But I sure am not going to lose any sleep over a drug dealer being shot either.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 05:33:43 PM »
You dumbfuck. What the guy was doing shouldn't even be illegal.

Would you be saying everything you're saying if this guy was transporting Dandelions opposed to Marijuana?

Why does the fact that the plant is smoked and makes people feel different have any relevance?

Moreover, 2 wrongs don't make a right. Didn't you learn this as a child? If I commit several crimes to stop a crime, I belong in jail also. That is how our society continues to exist. There is a reason why what they did was illegal, and why they were put in jail.

The guy would have been jailed anyway. These 2 jackasses are so fucking stupid that their actions actually ensured that the drugdealer got away.

Dumbfuck huh? Good one. Great come back... I bet you still live with your mom.