Author Topic: I'd like to thank the outgoing President.  (Read 4388 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: I'd like to thank the outgoing President.
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 08:36:53 AM »
Even IF Saddam had WMD's it was no good reason to invade. 

And then to add insult to the ignorance of invading, we mis-calculate and help spur 4 years of insurgency.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »
Epic cut and paste.

More convincing would be a simple link to where the WMD were found.

Oh that's right... there were none.  How about the Iraq link to 9/11 we were assaulted with from the Bush Administration for 5+ years?  Where is the link?  Oh that's right, there wasn't one.  As they reluctantly admitted.

FAIL!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 08:47:15 AM »
Even IF Saddam had WMD's it was no good reason to invade. 

And then to add insult to the ignorance of invading, we mis-calculate and help spur 4 years of insurgency.

Tell that to all the democrats who voted for the war as well.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2009, 08:56:04 AM »

The ones who were LIED to?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »
He's talking about Afghanistan.
Not Iraq.

America is heading to Kandahar to help out the Canadians as I write tis.

But Germany and Spain are no where near the front.

Canada wants to be rotated out like was promised in NATO.
But none of the European countries in the north want to go. Germany, Spain and France should be taking turns in the south, they do not.
The Netherlands can't they are tied up with Britian in the south.

By the way how is the police force and Judiciary that Germany is training working out.

Thanks for saving me the trouble....
L

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 09:03:24 AM »
The ones who were LIED to?

By whom Democrats sat on all of the committees that investigated Iraq before the war.

That is how your system works. Committees are made up of members of both sides of the house.

http://www.factcheck.org/iraq_what_did_congress_know_and_when.html
Z

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 09:13:49 AM »

If it was a democratic president who wrongfully led us to invade a country I SAY THE DAM THING.

I write those to ALL WHO VOTED TO GO TO WAR UNNEEDED.

It's not about republican or democrat here.  Although is was comrade BUSH the commy in repub clothing who led the way.   :D

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »
its always amusing to read the defiant ramblings of the Bush fans as they and their disastrous ideologies fade futher and further into obscurity and condemnation.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
its always amusing to read the defiant ramblings of the Bush fans as they and their disastrous ideologies fade futher and further into obscurity and condemnation.

"Find a link to Iraq" - Dick Cheney.

Mons Venus

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 11:34:09 AM »
Thank you Mr. Bush for making those who would challenge us think twice about doing so on your watch.  And Mr. Obama?  If there is only one thing you take away as a positive lesson from the Bush administration, let it be the understanding that enemies don't respect weakness, they only respect strength, commitment and will. Be assured the military will do its job. Here's hoping you will continue to demonstrate the same political will to the world that George Bush has.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAA :-*

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 12:47:09 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 01:55:28 PM »
From Blackfive.net and from a grateful soldier.

Osama bin Laden once told Time magazine that the U.S. withdrawal from Somalia after the murder of 18 U.S. troops on a humanitarian mission made him realize "more than before that the American soldier was a paper tiger and after a few blows ran in defeat." Members of al Qaeda have told intelligence officials that they never thought that Washington would respond to the 9/11 attacks as ferociously as Bush responded. They expected a few bombs to be dropped, no boots on the ground, a swift withdrawal if casualties mounted - the usual short-attention span foreign policy that warped Lebanon, the Persian Gulf War, Somalia, the African embassy bombings and the attack on the destroyer Cole.

Bush showed America's enemies a country that does not retreat in fear, does not bomb with impunity, and most important, does not desert civilians or foreign governments that trust us. If you think that doesn't matter, look at Libya, which disarmed its weapons program. And see how much easier Obama's presidency will be, because Bush kept the faith.

Osama bin Laden may live, most likely quivering in a cave. But no one thinks America is a paper tiger anymore.

For the past 7 years, the American soldier (and in this case the term is used as an overarching term for our military) has been given the opportunity to show the world he isn't nor has he ever been a "paper tiger".  That is because, and this is very important, we had a leader who had the political will to do what was necessary to confront and defeat the enemy.

Our military has proven it will stand toe-to-toe with any bad guy for as long as it takes and defeat him – if given the opportunity and support necessary to do it.   

Our military met an enemy in a place he called his "central front" and we beat him.  We are still there and he's withdrawn and gone to a more promising fight.  His central front is now our newest democracy.  I don't want to sound too Pollyannaish about Iraq.  We are still seeing slow but steady  progress there, but the end is in sight. And no sane person would argue we did everything right – obviously we haven't. But we never quit.  That includes all aspects of our effort – diplomatic, military, governmental, and cultural.  And, admittedly, there was a bit of luck involved as well.  But as a well-known battlefield commander once said, winners make their own luck.  The bottom line, militarily: when the dust settled in Iraq, there was only one combatant standing – and it wasn't al Qaeda.

*Applause*  Nice.  Thank you Mr. Bush for your service. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 01:58:20 PM »
Bye bye loser.