Author Topic: Most Shocking Moments in History  (Read 9857 times)

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
Re: Most Shocking Moments in History
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »
Owen heart accident.
A couple of days after the accident happen.
Somebody posted video of the incident on a webiste taken from my guessing a camcorder..
it looked grim they way he fell to his death...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 01:54:48 AM »
All good picks, fellas.

The last truly "Holy shit" moment I had was when Bischoff came out as the RAW General manager. Honestly, I would have NEVER, EVER thought Bischoff would work for Vince after the Monday Night Wars and all the nastiness that took place.

EDIT:

Now as far as negative "shocking" moments go......Chris Benoit and Eddie G, Owen Hart, Mike Awesome..... :'(
HAHA, RON.....

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 03:12:17 PM »

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »
Owen heart accident.
A couple of days after the accident happen.
Somebody posted video of the incident on a webiste taken from my guessing a camcorder..
it looked grim they way he fell to his death...

Is there actual footage of Owen Hart's fall?  I spent a bit of time looking around a while ago to see if it was out there, and as far as I'm aware, the only people that might have footage is the WWE themselves, in their archives somewhere, but they might not even have it.  When he fell, there were no TV camera's trained in his direction and the arena lights had been dimmed as well.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 02:11:55 PM »
Is there actual footage of Owen Hart's fall?  I spent a bit of time looking around a while ago to see if it was out there, and as far as I'm aware, the only people that might have footage is the WWE themselves, in their archives somewhere, but they might not even have it.  When he fell, there were no TV camera's trained in his direction and the arena lights had been dimmed as well.

The WWE made it clear that no one would ever see that footage.  I was watching live when that happend and there was like a 7 sec. delay and when it happend the PPV cut off for a few sec. when it came back on Jim Ross explained what happend and that it was not part of the show.  They would not put the cameras on the ring they just kept filming the crowd.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 02:27:17 PM »

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2009, 02:27:47 PM »

Invader III v Manny Fernandez - I remember seeing this years ago and being shocked!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2009, 02:30:31 PM »
Terry Funk and Manny Fernandez had a really good feud

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2009, 04:17:35 PM »
At the time. The double DQ at Wrestlemania 4 between Andre and Hogan. Really gave suspense for the outcome and new Heavyweight Champ. I thought Hogan was gonna win the tournament for sure.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2009, 04:19:14 PM »
At the time. The double DQ at Wrestlemania 4 between Andre and Hogan. Really gave suspense for the outcome and new Heavyweight Champ. I thought Hogan was gonna win the tournament for sure.

The original plan was to put over Ted Dibiase

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2009, 04:27:58 PM »
Bruiser Brody Murder

Bruiser Brody was stabbed to death on July 16th, 1988 in the locker room of Juan Lobriel Stadium in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. A bastion of work ethic and ring work his entire career, he was taken from this world long before his time was up. Sadly, eleven years later, it appears to me that nobody remembers or even cares.

The wrestling world's negligence in not formally remembering Brody is nothing short of criminal. One need only to look around and realize that the legacy of Bruiser Brody lives on today in the form of hardcore wrestling being promoted by the WWF, WCW and ECW. All the "junkyard matches", WWF hardcore titles and ECW death matches that litter today's wrestling world are pale imitations of the carnage, violence and havoc that Bruiser Brody wreaked over his career.

Mick Foley, today's undisputed king of hardcore, studied video tapes of Brody's matches while training to be a pro wrestler, wanting to pattern himself after him. Perhaps there is no greater evidence of Brody's lasting influence than Mankind.

For over 15 years, Brody wrestled around the world, making a stop in virtually every territory and promotion. He regularly toured such exotic countries as New Zealand, Austria, Thailand and Australia and became a household name in Puerto Rico and Japan where he was the top foreign wrestler in the country.

Brody was a brawler that managed to bring mayhem, chaos and bedlam with him wherever he traveled. Playing the role of a madman, Brody was one of the top draws in the world and carved out a name for himself by carving out holes in the foreheads of such opponents like Dusty Rhodes, Terry Funk, Harley Race, Carlos Colon and Abdullah the Butcher. While fans will remember the Ric Flair - Ricky Steamboat feud for its drama, the Rey Misterio Jr. - Psicosis series for its daredevil spots and the Eddie Guerrero - Dean Malenko matches for its scientific wizardry, Brody's matches with Colon and Abdullah will forever be remembered as the greatest brawls and bloodbaths in the history of the sport.

Bruiser Brody was a legend both in and out of the ring. In the seedy world of pro wrestling where promoters rule and make wrestlers tow the line, Brody was an outlaw. He was a true free agent, wrestling where and when he wanted, refusing to sign any long-term contract with any promoter. Brody liked to move around and didn't want to be tied down. He was in control of his wrestling career and didn't owe anything to any promoter, a fact that made him very difficult to work with.

Brody was notorious for ignoring instructions from bookers and often refused to put wrestlers over when asked. Over a six-year period, he did not do one single clean-pin job. Coming out to the ring wildly swinging a metal chain with Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" blasting over the p.a. system, Brody parted a walkway through the sea of ringside fans with his blood curdling shouts. He posed a security risk to fans, fellow wrestlers and promoters wherever he appeared.

And yet, he bounced around North America, from territory to territory as a hired gun. Promoters would bring Brody into their territory whenever attendance was down to help pop a huge gate. Whenever they did, Brody was sure to sell the building out. And like he had done so many times before, he was out the door on his way to the next territory. He was a true wrestling journeyman.

Brody was in such big demand in Japan that he became the object of a bidding war between New Japan and All Japan Pro Wrestling in 1985. He quickly walked out on All Japan and came to an agreement with New Japan promoter Antonio Inoki that would see him earn in excess of $14,000 a week guaranteed, at the time the most lucrative deal in wrestling. Such was the power and influence he wielded in the sport.

Bruiser Brody died at 42 years old. On a hot, steamy night in Puerto Rico, Brody and Jose Gonzalez - the booker of the World Wrestling Council promotion - had gotten into an argument backstage at a house show. Brody died with a hunting knife plunged into his abdomen and lungs.

While a doctor scrambled to work on Brody, it took approximately 40 minutes to get him loaded into an ambulance. The damage was so severe that the surgeons at the hospital had to operate twice. It was to no avail. Brody died on the operating table, having bled to death.

At a trial held months later, Gonzalez was charged in connection with Brody's death. Gonzalez pleaded self-defense and was acquitted of the charges and is still wrestling in WWC to this day.

Bruiser Brody was the archetypal big man in wrestling. He used his size and gimmick to get over with the audience. He was a wrestling machine, trekking half-way around the globe, leaving a trail of broken bones and bloodied bodies behind him.

His was a legend that will never be forgotten by hardcore fans. As wrestling exploded in the 80s into the realm of sports entertainment, Brody remained a pro wrestler, an athlete and a competitor. In the current landscape of pro wrestling, with its glut of monthly cookie-cutter pay-per-views, Monday night ratings war and where style takes precedent over substance, Brody would be out of place.

Is it any wonder the wrestling world chose to forget instead of remember?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »
There is a lot more to that story then many people no.  There were some wrestler in the locker room when it happend and the would not testify in court, maybe cause if they did they would not work there ever again and they would lose money.  It the ambulance a very long time to even get to the stadium.
Brody was a known to be very tuff but he did not see the knife, Gonzalez had it under a towel.He and Brody were in the shower and the rest of the boys were in a diffrent part of the lockeroom.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2009, 05:48:16 AM »
Old school from the 70's.  Probably not "shocking" by today's standards, but I remember going ape while this happened (I was about 8 or 9 at the time)...

~

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2009, 11:30:00 AM »
You know another shocking match? Between the Rock and Mick Foley. When foley was hand cuffed and the Rock was belting him with that chair. Foleys kids were crying in the audience. He hit him like 15 times.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2009, 11:44:41 AM »
Hawk falls off titantron

Oh and lets not forget when me and my tag partner unleashed the FUBAR finisher for the 1st time back in 2003 lol.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2009, 08:52:40 PM »
Matt Hardy turning on Jeff and costing him the world title!   >:( >:( >:(

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2009, 02:09:22 PM »
Bubba powerbombing Mae Young off stage

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »
the death of eddy guerrero and the chris benoit murders shocked me more than anything ever inside the ring.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
The Car Crash of Magnum T.A.
In 1986, Magnum T.A. was one of the most popular stars in the NWA. His feuds for the U.S. Title with Tully Blanchard and Nikita Koloff almost overshadowed the main feud of the area, Dusty Rhodes vs. Ric Flair. There is no doubt that Magnum T.A. was soon going to be a World Champion. However, he was involved in a near-fatal car crash. In one of the most emotional moments ever, at the Crockett Cup ‘87, he made a surprise appearance and walked to the ring. Magnum never wrestled again. The biggest what if question long-time fans have is “What would wrestling be like now if Magnum wasn’t in that accident?”.

The Death of Dino Bravo
While dying young is all too common an event in the wrestling world, Dino’s is the only one that looks like a plot on The Sopranos. It is highly rumored that Dino was allegedly involved with an organized criminal group in Montreal that dealt in illegal cigarettes. On March 11, 1993, Dino was found dead in his apartment. He was shot seven times and at least two were to the head. Since there was no signs of forced entry, police believe that he knew his killers.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 04:41:39 AM »
The Montreal Screwjob was the real life double-crossing of defending WWF Champion Bret Hart by Vince McMahon, the owner of the World Wrestling Federation (WWF), during the main event match of the professional wrestling pay-per-view event Survivor Series held on November 9, 1997 at the Molson Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. A secret change of the match's pre-determined finish (known as a "shoot screwjob" in professional wrestling parlance) was devised by McMahon and discussed with Hart's match opponent, Shawn Michaels. The plan was executed when the match referee, Earl Hebner, under orders from McMahon, called for the bell to ring and ended the match as Michaels held Hart in the Sharpshooter submission hold (Hart's signature finishing move), even though Hart had not submitted. Michaels was declared the victor by submission and crowned as the new WWF Champion, even as Hart and the audience demonstrated their outrage.

The reason for this screwjob was rooted in Hart's decision to leave McMahon's company for its chief competitor, World Championship Wrestling (WCW), after McMahon told Hart that financial problems would not allow him to keep Hart on under his recently signed 20 year contract. Hart, who cited a clause in his contract that granted him "reasonable creative control", was steadfast in his refusal to lose a match hosted in his home country, Canada, especially against Shawn Michaels, with whom he did not get along. McMahon remained insistent that Hart should lose to Michaels in Montreal, fearing that his company's business would suffer if WCW announced Hart as its latest signing while he still held the WWF World title. Although Hart and McMahon agreed to a compromise on the match ending that allowed Hart to retain the title, McMahon was determined to remove the title from Hart.

The screwjob has garnered a notorious legacy both on-screen and off, and was partly chronicled in the documentary film Hitman Hart: Wrestling with Shadows. The far-reaching impact of the incident led to its adoption as a theme in matches and storylines of the WWF's Attitude Era and the creation of the character, "Mr. McMahon", the evil boss. Hart was ostracized from the WWF, while McMahon and Michaels continued to receive angry responses from audiences for many years. The relationship between Hart and McMahon later healed, however, culminating in Hart's induction on April 1, 2006 into the company's Hall of Fame.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 04:49:57 AM »
As seen on Hart's documentary, Hart proceeded to the dressing rooms and questioned Michaels, who pleaded that he knew nothing about what had taken place and was equally outraged.[18] As recounted in Michaels's autobiography, he offered his assurance that he would not carry the title out the next day on Raw and would refuse to say anything derogatory about Hart.[17] Hart proceeded to the dressing room to shower and change after discovering that McMahon, Brisco, and Remus had locked themselves in McMahon's office. When McMahon went to Hart's dressing room and tried to explain himself, Hart angrily rebuffed him and warned him to leave immediately or risk being punched.[1][19] An altercation ensued, with Hart punching McMahon in his face and dropping him to the floor. Although Vince's son Shane McMahon and Brisco struggled briefly with Hart and Davey Boy Smith, Hart told them to take McMahon and leave or risk similar consequences.

[19] Hart angrily asked McMahon if he was going to screw him on the pay he was still owed, to which a groggy McMahon replied in the negative.[1] In the hallway outside the dressing rooms, Hart's then-wife Julie angrily confronted Levesque and others about the finish.[15] McMahon had a black eye and a broken ankle, which had resulted when Gerald Brisco accidentally stepped on his ankle during the scuffle.[1] Michaels and Levesque were later confronted and assailed by angry fans outside the Molson Centre and in the lobby of their hotel.[15] While Jim Neidhart, Davey Boy Smith, and Owen Hart had flown out of Montreal with Bret Hart, McMahon faced a major revolt in the WWF locker room. Most wrestlers were outraged at him and threatened to boycott Raw or leave the company altogether.[20] McMahon addressed a meeting in an effort to mollify the wrestlers who had been outraged that a WWF veteran had been double-crossed by McMahon—many feared for their own future and were suspicious of McMahon.[1]

McMahon sought to explain that Hart had been disregarding the company's interests. By refusing to drop the title in Montreal, McMahon claimed Hart was jeopardizing the company's future by creating a potentially embarrassing situation that could affect its fortunes. The potential revolt was also quelled by Bret Hart's counsel to wrestlers who asked him about boycotting Raw or leaving the company altogether. Hart advised them to fulfill their contractual obligations and not risk their own future over the episode.[1] Mick Foley did not attend the next night's Raw show, but he returned to work after that due to his contract stipulations.[20][21] Of the Hart family, only Owen Hart continued to work with the company, being unable to terminate his contract.[22]

Knight

• Getbig I
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2009, 06:52:20 AM »
I thought one of the most shocking moments in Wrestling History was when Big Van Vaders eye popped out of the socket.  Man continued the match too.  He was a beast.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2009, 07:22:20 AM »
I thought one of the most shocking moments in Wrestling History was when Big Van Vaders eye popped out of the socket.  Man continued the match too.  He was a beast.
True.
http://www.wrestlinggonewrong.com/video/vaders_eye.html

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2009, 09:32:08 PM »
Beast? This is the business. I am forever grateful to these guys for putting their lives and bodies on the line for our entertainment. HBK rules.

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2009, 10:17:15 PM »