Author Topic: 8 week weight loss quest all cardio  (Read 20233 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: 8 week weight loss quest all cardio
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 05:19:49 PM »
this is an awesome thread Big Dawg....you have definitely inspired me to try this same type of routine to try and lose weight...I am short...5'4'....weighed myself yesterday at 252 lbs...strong and bulky, but I have a pot belly....I want to lose ideally about 52 lbs and get down to about 200.....I am going to try and do this by May 1....the last month and a half I have spent eliminating all soda and limiting sweets....lots of salads and fruit.....and I have begun to lift more.....now I want to beegin phase two and start my cardio program on Monday feb 16th....may do like you and do two sessions per day or just one in the morning on an empty stomach....I'll post my progress here as well.....Thanks for giving me some inspiration!!!

cool man..wish you the best...I gotta tell you it's very hard to lose that much weight in that time period.remember I'm in a contest to win $1000dollars.so leading up to that contest I purposely ate a high sodium diet.then an hour before weigh in I drank a gallon of water.so that put me at 266lbs.plus when I go to my final weigh in(march 6th) I'm not eating at least 48hours prior.plus not drinking anything 24hours prior.add some time in the sauna and I might be down close to 50lbs....but thats not actual weight loss as you can see...in reality I started January 9th and won't hit a real honest weight of 200lbs until July.which is alot more realistic and healthy...that being said.get to it! bust your ass with the cardio.eat very clean.and reach your goals bro.good luck.
DAWG

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 05:25:12 PM »
Good luck man.....will be interesting to see your progress.

I just finished dieting (lost 40lbs) so i can relate, although i dieted a more traditional way. Anyway, good luck, at least the $1000 will keep you motivated.
No doubt about it...

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 05:40:24 PM »
Good luck man.....will be interesting to see your progress.

I just finished dieting (lost 40lbs) so i can relate, although i dieted a more traditional way. Anyway, good luck, at least the $1000 will keep you motivated.

thanks I appreciate the support.I'm 5 weeks in 3 weeks to go so needless to say cardio is getting old.however I do plan to continue doing it just not at such an extreme level ha ha up to 2 hours a day every single day.45min to an hour 5 days a week once the contest is over ;D
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 08:38:05 PM »
238.6lbs....damn only lost 1.5lbs.....busted my ass on the treadmill everday to.Whats even worse is a very good friend of mine is getting married sunday.tons of food and an open bar.I'm saying screw it I'm gettin drunk and eating my ass off.maybe it will help my slowing metabolism.but if it doesn't oh well.got two weeks left and will hit it hard but I'm takin the weekend off completely :D
DAWG

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 09:48:26 PM »
238.6lbs....damn only lost 1.5lbs.....busted my ass on the treadmill everday to.Whats even worse is a very good friend of mine is getting married sunday.tons of food and an open bar.I'm saying screw it I'm gettin drunk and eating my ass off.maybe it will help my slowing metabolism.but if it doesn't oh well.got two weeks left and will hit it hard but I'm takin the weekend off completely :D

I'm starting my cardio tomorrow..very excited....I'll try to do 90 minutes a day in either one or two sessions....depends on how much time I have....how's it going so far?..have you had any increase or decrease in appetite?...craving sweets?.....do you feel more energetic or less?....what am I in for?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2009, 07:08:24 AM »

A cheat meal may be just what you need!  Keep it high in carbs (like alcohol  ;D) and low in fats if you can.  And then hit it hard for the last two weeks!

:)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2009, 12:00:58 PM »
A cheat meal may be just what you need!  Keep it high in carbs (like alcohol  ;D) and low in fats if you can.  And then hit it hard for the last two weeks!

thanks rip I'm takin your advice.bring on the beer! ;D
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 12:08:02 PM »
I'm starting my cardio tomorrow..very excited....I'll try to do 90 minutes a day in either one or two sessions....depends on how much time I have....how's it going so far?..have you had any increase or decrease in appetite?...craving sweets?.....do you feel more energetic or less?....what am I in for?

ha ha. I thought you were starting your cardio a week ago bud?Anyways.the first 2-3 weeks was worse than the last 3 weeks as far as getting used to the diet.I never crave sweets anyway lucky in that regards.
DAWG

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 01:14:57 PM »
ha ha. I thought you were starting your cardio a week ago bud?Anyways.the first 2-3 weeks was worse than the last 3 weeks as far as getting used to the diet.I never crave sweets anyway lucky in that regards.

you are right to laugh at me..I was supposed to start last week but I kept putting it off..LOL..now I feel I am REALLY psychologically prepared for cardio and I will definitely start tomorrow....gotta do this....this belly is really annoying and it throws off my physique big time

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »
you are right to laugh at me..I was supposed to start last week but I kept putting it off..LOL..now I feel I am REALLY psychologically prepared for cardio and I will definitely start tomorrow....gotta do this....this belly is really annoying and it throws off my physique big time

I got a TV directly in front of my treadmill I sometimes watch an entire movie while hitting the cardio.the key is to entertain your mind. get your mind off of doing hours of cardio every day yet your still doing it.
DAWG

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2009, 04:50:42 PM »
I got a TV directly in front of my treadmill I sometimes watch an entire movie while hitting the cardio.the key is to entertain your mind. get your mind off of doing hours of cardio every day yet your still doing it.

good point...I'll do that..will let you know how I'm doing in about a week

wnybodybuildingfan

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2009, 05:37:31 PM »
Thanks, Wny. I jsut bought the same product at 24 Hours mainly because it was 30% the original price. Still cost about $50 though. Will be using it starting today and will let ya know what I think.

How have you made out with the protein?  My favorite is Double Rich Chocolate.  Fitrx.com has 2 x 5 lb twinpack of assorted flavors of ON Gold Standard Whey for $65.90 delivered.  Just type in WHEYFREE at checkout.  This is an incredible deal.  Can mix and match flavors.  I got this email on Saturday and wanted to share with you.  Best deal I have found.  Ends March 1, 2009.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 05:45:29 PM »
not that anyone gives a rats ass.but I lost 38lbs(229 bodyweight).didn't win no $.and in all honesty probably only lost around 30 actual pounds.as I fasted the last day and a half before final weigh in..weigh 236lbs as of today.my goal.lose 2lbs per week.with an overall goal of 200lbs bodyweight.if I successfully lose the 2lbs/week that puts me at my goal on July 14th.wish me luck I'll need it.
DAWG

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 06:18:54 PM »
Still haven't started my cardio yet..I'm such a puss!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 07:02:07 PM »
Still haven't started my cardio yet..I'm such a puss!
What!?...what have you been doin man
DAWG

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2009, 03:28:52 AM »
not that anyone gives a rats ass.but I lost 38lbs(229 bodyweight).didn't win no $.and in all honesty probably only lost around 30 actual pounds.as I fasted the last day and a half before final weigh in..weigh 236lbs as of today.my goal.lose 2lbs per week.with an overall goal of 200lbs bodyweight.if I successfully lose the 2lbs/week that puts me at my goal on July 14th.wish me luck I'll need it.

well done dawg. that can't have been easy facing that every day. good weight lost.

are you using eca ? perhaps you should or a few winny tabs ?

175lbs by 31st July

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2009, 04:13:10 AM »

Well you've done good so far!  Are you still planning on doing all cardio to get down to 200?  You might benefit from switching things up and getting some resistance training in at this point.

:)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2009, 10:46:50 AM »

Well you've done good so far!  Are you still planning on doing all cardio to get down to 200?  You might benefit from switching things up and getting some resistance training in at this point.

thanks rip.yea I'll defiantly be switching it up.I've hit the weights the last three days(lost some strength) and jumped back on the creatine.so I'm sure my weight will go up a little more initially.I'm taking the week off from cardio and will start next Monday 45 min/4-5 times per week and see were that gets me over the next few weeks.then adjust from there.

well done dawg. that can't have been easy facing that every day. good weight lost.

are you using eca ? perhaps you should or a few winny tabs ?

no panda.I'm natural.I did use a over the counter fat burner 4 a couple weeks but I think most of them are a joke.
DAWG

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »
thanks rip.yea I'll defiantly be switching it up.I've hit the weights the last three days(lost some strength) and jumped back on the creatine.so I'm sure my weight will go up a little more initially.I'm taking the week off from cardio and will start next Monday 45 min/4-5 times per week and see were that gets me over the next few weeks.then adjust from there.

no panda.I'm natural.I did use a over the counter fat burner 4 a couple weeks but I think most of them are a joke.
cool, i agree about most fat burners, eca works though. do you take eca ?

the sides can be annoying though.
175lbs by 31st July

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 03:00:47 PM »
What!?...what have you been doin man

Always making excuses as to why I can't do it....I lift regularly but hate running..I swear to you I will start tomorrow..!!!!!! ;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2009, 06:11:15 PM »
Always making excuses as to why I can't do it....I lift regularly but hate running..I swear to you I will start tomorrow..!!!!!! ;D

I'll believe it when I see it  ;D.just playin man.besides you don't have to run to do cardio.
DAWG

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2009, 10:30:42 AM »
you lost 38lbs in 8 weeks and didnt win ?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »
you lost 38lbs in 8 weeks and didnt win ?

tell me about it.I already know it's not a good Idea to lose that much weight in that short of time.but the guy that won lost 53lbs and second and third place was like 47-48lbs down.there was 110 people in the contest.I'm betting a few guys took some hard core drugs.and I know of a couple cases were guys fasted for a very long time.I wasn't willing to do all that.Just did more cardio than I've ever done in my life.and ate very very clean.
DAWG

alextiggs

• Getbig I
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 07:50:36 PM »
good luck. I think you should run.

________________________ ___
Weight Loss Made Simple
The body you deserve onesteptofitness[]com/video-wl

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 05:05:59 PM »

HA!!!,,,this never happened....didn't do shit