Author Topic: i feel fat and i'm discouraged!!!  (Read 2311 times)

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
i feel fat and i'm discouraged!!!
« on: January 24, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »
i feel like i am losing the battle! i signed up for 36 training sessions at the gym i belong to, and i can barely make the time to get there 2x a week! when i do go, the trainer overtrains me so much that i am in f'in pain for days after that, then i don't wanna go back until i feel better! i feel like passing out or puking after most of my workouts! is this trainer overdoing me? what do u dudes think i should do? i think this dude needs to break me in more gradually, and he keeps pushing and pushing me!   i have come to a point that i don't even like going to th egym anymore, unless i just go on my own and do my own thing! HELP DUDES!  :'(

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: i feel fat and i'm discouraged!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 07:49:43 PM »
Need more info. 

What are your goals?  Are you trying to lose weight?  What workouts does the PT have you doing?

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2009, 09:22:13 PM »
i feel like i am losing the battle! i signed up for 36 training sessions at the gym i belong to, and i can barely make the time to get there 2x a week! when i do go, the trainer overtrains me so much that i am in f'in pain for days after that, then i don't wanna go back until i feel better! i feel like passing out or puking after most of my workouts! is this trainer overdoing me? what do u dudes think i should do? i think this dude needs to break me in more gradually, and he keeps pushing and pushing me!   i have come to a point that i don't even like going to th egym anymore, unless i just go on my own and do my own thing! HELP DUDES!  :'(

I think you need to man up.
DAWG

MusselFreek

• Getbig III
  • Go Beserk!
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2009, 09:23:46 PM »

steveeray

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 09:30:55 PM »
If you do not enjoy your workouts you will quit.
Start once a week instead of 2.
Do something your speed durring the rest of week.
hope this helps

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 08:17:15 AM »
I think you need to man up.
bump for that

if your missing workouts during the rest of the week thats probably the reason you are still sore working out helps get rid of soreness doing cardio will help loosen up your legs and get rid of that soreness. YOU PAID THIS GUY TO KICK YOUR ASS B/C OBVIOUSLY YOU ARE UNCAPABLE OF DOING IT YOURSELF, and now your bitching about it?

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 10:36:57 AM »
You strike me as someone who's into men. 

If that's not the case then you need to realize that you never should have hired a trainer to begin with.  Most, not all, most are a huge joke. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 03:59:59 AM »
Pull up your skirt and get busy!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2009, 04:03:33 AM »
Have you told the trainer how you feel after/during the workout? He/she might alter them if that's the case.

But like steveeray said if you don't enjoy them you're going to quit.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2009, 04:15:18 AM »
If you feel the trainer is over-doing it with you.....SPEAK UP!! Tell him how you feel and he should alter the program according to your needs.

And if the program is not to your liking, again...SPEAK UP!! I'm working as a personal trainer and would much rather a client tell me to modify/change the routine than stick with it, not enjoy it and ultimately quit.
No doubt about it...

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
thanks dudes! however all your help and suggestions are not needed anymore atthe present moment! i just called my gym today to "speak up" like you dudes told me to do, and i was told the place has been shut down indefinitely! i was jsut there on wednesday night, and they apparently closed on thursday! I AM FUCKED NOW! $ WISE THAT IS! SO NOW I NOT ONLY AM PISSED ABOUT MY TRAINING, I AM PISSED CAUSE I DOUBT I WILL EVER SEE  DIME BACK NOW FOR WHAT I PAID FOR THE SESSIONS! I AM $1440.00 FUCKED!   :'(   P.S. - SHOULD I JUST JICE, HUNT DOWM THE OWNERS, AND KILL THEM? 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2009, 04:00:43 PM »
thanks dudes! however all your help and suggestions are not needed anymore atthe present moment! i just called my gym today to "speak up" like you dudes told me to do, and i was told the place has been shut down indefinitely! i was jsut there on wednesday night, and they apparently closed on thursday! I AM FUCKED NOW! $ WISE THAT IS! SO NOW I NOT ONLY AM PISSED ABOUT MY TRAINING, I AM PISSED CAUSE I DOUBT I WILL EVER SEE  DIME BACK NOW FOR WHAT I PAID FOR THE SESSIONS! I AM $1440.00 FUCKED!   :'(   P.S. - SHOULD I JUST JICE, HUNT DOWM THE OWNERS, AND KILL THEM? 

Not sure what the laws are in your state, but in many states it is required for clubs to carry insurance for just that reason.  Not saying that even if it is law, clubs abide by it.  Just as it's law (here) to have auto insurance but it's not enforced.  It's not until you get hit by or otherwise affected by an uninsured motorist that you find out your screwed  :-\
:

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »

you can't even get threw a decent workout.your not killing anybody.plus anyone that pays that much up front isn't that smart.don't have what it takes mentally or physically. so your double screwed.
DAWG

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »
you can't even get threw a decent workout.your not killing anybody.plus anyone that pays that much up front isn't that smart.don't have what it takes mentally or physically. so your double screwed.
Ouch the harsh truth. 

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 11:44:56 PM »
man up pussy

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
The problem with trainers is they can't feel how hard you are being pushed.  They assume you will speak up if they are pushing you too hard.  The trainee on the other hand assumes the trainer knows whats best for them.  So you have two people unable to be honest with one another.  That leads to serious injury.  Seriously ditch the trainer, and do what the rest of us do.  Figure out a set of exercises you like.  Dedicate yourself to these exercises and be patient for results.  Once results are achieved, move on to new exercises and master those.  Don't worry about how little you lift compared to the other guys at the gym.  And if you need inspiration hit up YouTube and watch Ronnie Coleman do a few lifts.  And remember "Light Weight"...;D

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »

just wait about 4 days, your period will be gone by then