Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 753729 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes:
« Reply #1775 on: May 12, 2013, 09:09:25 AM »
Holy shit!!

I haven't folloewed Japanese wrestling for quite some time, and had NO idea that Kenta Kobashi was still working matches; same for some of the other guys mentioned below:

credit: www.wrestlezone.com

Japanese Pro Wrestling legend Kenta Kobashi officially retired today, and wrestled his final match at Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan. Kobashi Teamed with Jun Akiyama, Keiji Muto and Kensuke Sasaki to defeat KENTA, Go Shoizaki, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Maybach Taniguchi.

Following the bout, Kobashi gave a farewell speech to the live crowd which included thanking the fans for what he considered to be the best career he possibly could have had.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1776 on: May 12, 2013, 09:11:02 AM »
Law.com has posted an update on the pending lawsuit between Andrew Green, WWE and Big Show, stemming from Green's claim that Big Show became irate and mistreated him during an interview shot at the 1/27 taping in Phoenix, AZ. Furthermore, Green claims WWE did not pay him for the interview, which WWE eventually released on its website.

The Law.com article notes that WWE is seeking to have the case removed from Arizona State Court and moved to Federal Court since the interview was released on the internet, which is Federal jurisdiction. You can read more at the above link.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1777 on: July 11, 2013, 06:22:29 AM »
randy orton getting divorced monthly assets of 291 k is reported by tmz.reportedly having to pay 4500 child support.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1778 on: July 19, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »
Vince McMahon took to Twitter today to address Ultimate Warrior’s appearance in WWE 2K14, posting:

I want to personally welcome Ultimate Warrior back to @WWE http://wwe.me/n6Ak8

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1779 on: July 19, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
Vince McMahon took to Twitter today to address Ultimate Warrior’s appearance in WWE 2K14, posting:

I want to personally welcome Ultimate Warrior back to @WWE http://wwe.me/n6Ak8

As long as it's good for business!  I'm surprised UW's agreed to come back into the fold, he's been pretty vocal about Vince/WWE over the years...   ???

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1780 on: July 20, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »
As long as it's good for business!  I'm surprised UW's agreed to come back into the fold, he's been pretty vocal about Vince/WWE over the years...   ???

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe the deal is between Hellwig and the gaming manufacturer. Savage did something similar with Mattel shortly before he passed. Essentially, Ultimate Jim is leasing his name & likeness to be used in a WWF-themed game. This may pave the way for more direct involvement in the WWE, but if that happens, I would expect there to be a substantial hoopla on RAW.

Vince's tweet is a little misleading. There is some space on wwe.com devoted to the Ultimate Warrior's "return," so maybe they are, indeed, working towards reaching some kind of deal. However, nothing beyond the game has been mentioned.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1781 on: July 20, 2013, 10:48:28 AM »
Could be an interesting one, although how would he come back?  He couldn't make the same type of return as other stars like RVD, Nash, New Age Outlaws, because I'd imagine a 50+ year old guy is gonna look pretty stupid running about in all his make-up and tassles, unless he's still in decent shape?! **  ???

And if they don't put him in the ring, and just let him make an appearance, most of the current fans are going to struggle to make the connection between the 'Ultimate Warrior' and this much older greying fella in a suit?  I just think he'd struggle to make the impact that his return should be, that's all. 

I'd love to see it though, maybe he can no-sell the Pedigree again...

** - Of course, Hogan on the other hand probably has a red and yellow boa in the trunk of his car, just in case...  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1782 on: July 20, 2013, 01:07:12 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1783 on: July 20, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1784 on: July 20, 2013, 08:51:31 PM »
Yeah, Bret ain't looking too good either in the same getup, but at least they haven't got him in his pink vest and wraparound shades!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1785 on: July 21, 2013, 06:49:35 AM »
Yeah, Bret ain't looking too good either in the same getup, but at least they haven't got him in his pink vest and wraparound shades!
yes but he should lose the short pants, unless he's trying to win a knobby knees contest ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
F

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #1786 on: July 23, 2013, 12:42:22 PM »
Warrior is still in great shape, although I doubt he would want to wrestle. Still, he would fit in far better some of the other other vets they have used. Plus, the guy is great on the mic.

Not sure what capacity he fits in, but I personally would like to see him back on TV.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1787 on: July 31, 2013, 04:47:30 PM »
I'm told that, during a show in Cape Town, South Africa, a fan rushed into the ring, snuck up behind Randy Orton, who was posing on the second turnbuckle, and delivered a ball-shot that dropped Orton to the mat.

TMZ has the story on their site.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #1788 on: August 01, 2013, 05:32:33 AM »
I'm told that, during a show in Cape Town, South Africa, a fan rushed into the ring, snuck up behind Randy Orton, who was posing on the second turnbuckle, and delivered a ball-shot that dropped Orton to the mat.

TMZ has the story on their site.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/30/randy-orton-wwe-fan-arrested-south-africa-cape-town/

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1789 on: November 09, 2013, 06:29:28 AM »
I'm hearing multiple reports claiming that WWE is in talks with Hulk Hogan for a WrestleMania 30 appearance. A few sources are even reporting the possibility of a Hulk match. There's a lot being said about TNA right now between their financial troubles, being on the verge of a buyout, and Hogan's future there, among the the top stories.

The problem is there's no definite answer to any of these. For every report claiming one thing, there's another claiming the opposite. However, I can certainly see the old man wanting the Hulkster to be a part of this landmark WM, and I suspect we will see Terry make an appearance in at least some capacity.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1790 on: November 09, 2013, 06:43:26 AM »
I had a brief discussion on a FB wrestling page regarding this issue last week. Whilst Hogan is no longer the Marquee name he once was, ive no doubt Vince will milk him for what he can and then discard him. The problem is he is no longer Mania worthy by the old standards, however most of the roster arent worth a spot there so he might as well throw him into the mix.

As long as Hellwig doesnt get thrown in as well, i cant watch the product as it is.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1791 on: November 09, 2013, 08:03:38 AM »
I had a brief discussion on a FB wrestling page regarding this issue last week. Whilst Hogan is no longer the Marquee name he once was, ive no doubt Vince will milk him for what he can and then discard him. The problem is he is no longer Mania worthy by the old standards, however most of the roster arent worth a spot there so he might as well throw him into the mix.

As long as Hellwig doesnt get thrown in as well, i cant watch the product as it is.

We may get Hulkster/Warrior III.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1792 on: November 12, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »
This is what we need:

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1793 on: November 13, 2013, 04:18:51 AM »
i would probably pop for it, but by the time Jim got to the ring the show would be over  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1794 on: November 13, 2013, 07:12:15 AM »
This is what we need:

WAS THAT THE DRUG TESTED YRS,U.W.BIG BUT SOFT AND HOGAN WELL HE WAS ALWAYS SOFT.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1795 on: November 13, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »
WAS THAT THE DRUG TESTED YRS,U.W.BIG BUT SOFT AND HOGAN WELL HE WAS ALWAYS SOFT.

Hogan thinned out around the time he filmed that Thunder In Paradise series, which was right before he went to WCW. This was post-steroid trial, so most of the guys started looking "different."

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1796 on: November 13, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »

Hogan thinned out around the time he filmed that Thunder In Paradise series, which was right before he went to WCW. This was post-steroid trial, so most of the guys started looking "different."
i'll give hogan credit he looked his best wcw/nwo was ripped for him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1797 on: November 14, 2013, 05:21:50 AM »
i'll give hogan credit he looked his best wcw/nwo was ripped for him.

I thought he also looked pretty good during his WM 18 return against Rock. In the pictures of him with the title taken shortly after that, he had appreciative size with some of the best conditioning of his career; although I suspect some of the studio pics were touched up a bit. Still...

Top one below is post-WM 18.
Second one is 1994/95 WCW.
Third is 1997/99 nWo.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1798 on: November 14, 2013, 10:27:15 AM »

I thought he also looked pretty good during his WM 18 return against Rock. In the pictures of him with the title taken shortly after that, he had appreciative size with some of the best conditioning of his career; although I suspect some of the studio pics were touched up a bit. Still...

Top one below is post-WM 18.
Second one is 1994/95 WCW.
Third is 1997/99 nWo.

THANKS DUDE...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1799 on: November 14, 2013, 12:09:52 PM »