Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758353 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #475 on: July 09, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »
I bet money she tries to write a book/autobio.
Of course they'll have to bill it as "tell-all" piece with lots of juicy info about Hogan & the industry because, frankly, nobody gives two shits about anything concerning Linda.

It will probably follow the same lines as Diana Hart's book - and probably sell about as many copies, too.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #476 on: July 11, 2010, 02:36:25 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the health of WWE Legend Superstar Billy Graham has greatly worsened as a the liver which he had transplanted into his body back in 2002 is beginning to fail.
Graham recently had tests performed on him at The Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, and they have revealed high blood pressure and an enlarged spleen, which is generally a symptom of liver failure.

Graham almost passed away back in 2002 when the veins in his esophagus ruptured (known as esophageal varices), but the liver transplant saved his life.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #477 on: July 11, 2010, 02:38:07 PM »
Several sources are reporting that former Midnight Express member Bobby Eaton has been hospitalized.
According to Wrestling News Center, Eaton has been hospitalized in Arkansas with fluid surrounding his heart.

More on this developing story as it becomes available.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2010, 11:00:57 AM »
Several sources are reporting that former Midnight Express member Bobby Eaton has been hospitalized.
According to Wrestling News Center, Eaton has been hospitalized in Arkansas with fluid surrounding his heart.

More on this developing story as it becomes available.

Hope Eaton pulls thru.  Guy was a way under-rated worker with the avg fan, but the guys in the biz always paid respect to him.  Midnight Express was a classic tagteam.  Loverboy Dennis replaced by Sweet Stan!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #479 on: July 16, 2010, 05:15:53 AM »
The following has been posted on Scott Hall's MySpace page:
"It seems when he went in they did a dye test , he had a reaction to the dye and caused a small problem with  his kidney's. They still have one more test to run.. but had to make sure.. the kidney's were fine."

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #480 on: July 16, 2010, 05:58:54 AM »
The following has been posted on Scott Hall's MySpace page:
"It seems when he went in they did a dye test , he had a reaction to the dye and caused a small problem with  his kidney's. They still have one more test to run.. but had to make sure.. the kidney's were fine."

Monty, curious what your thoughts are about TNA dumping Hall after the bar incident....or at least I think they did.  I know Scott has a history a mile long, and was probably on a short leash because of it, but I didn't think that incident was that big a deal.  Hell, in the old days they would have just told a funny story about it years later, like when Rhodes/Murdock road the donkeys into the bar, etc... but I suppose the whole corporate image thing killed all of that.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: July 16, 2010, 07:44:22 AM »
I think that times are different everywhere, now.
In some states, you can face charges for looking too long at a woman.

I kind of place Hall in the same category as Jake Roberts: incredible talent hindered by personal problems. 

Hall has more than just name recognition - even now.
Although he’s well beyond his infamous ladder matches with Shawn, he could still bring a lot to the table.
He could be an excellent on-air personality, and I suspect he would be a valuable asset behind the scenes as well.

The problem is he can’t hold it together enough to function in a consistent, long-term capacity.
His misbehavior is too disruptive and probably damaging to TNA’s desired image.

TNA is not the WCW that Bischoff ran.
Hall can’t royally screw up every month and have all forgiven because his boss likes to go drinking with him & “the boys.”

But, that’s all he knows, and he can’t get by on it anymore.
Anybody can change, but oftentimes, they don’t. 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: July 18, 2010, 07:27:16 AM »
Triple H has been removed from the promotional poster for WWE's SummerSlam PPV.
He has been replaced by a photo of Big Show.
Triple H was expected to return at the big PPV, but due to his recent tendon surgery he will be kept out of the ring for about 2 to 4 more months.

credit: wrestlezone.com

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #483 on: July 18, 2010, 09:13:16 AM »
The end has got to be getting near for Triple HHH. His body is really falling apart from all the years of physical abuse. He's had some very serious injuries in the last 10 years. I keep waiting to hear that one of his quads have torn off the bone again. His knees are so tightly wrapped in the ring that he can barely walk. It must take him up to 45 minutes to get ready for a match with all the taping and stretching he needs to do.

He derserves the respect he gets in the industry. He eats, sleeps, and shits wrestling 24/7.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #484 on: July 18, 2010, 07:15:49 PM »
Posted on Scott Hall's Twitter page:
"Scott will be staying through the weekend in the hospital.. hopefully test will be Monday..should be released next week sometime.(Maggie)"

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #485 on: July 19, 2010, 04:35:18 AM »
-- Hulk Hogan was not at any of TNA's shows this week, including the PPV. Rumors said that this was either due to another bout of back surgery or due to him deciding, along with Eric Bischoff, to take an extended vacation while they weren't the focus of storylines.

-- Although Hogan was not in Orlando for TNA, he has been to Chicago for an autograph signing and Coquitlam, BC for a round table discussion with the likes of Jimmy Hart and the Nasty Boys tonight. Tickets for that event, which also features Brutus Beefcake, Greg Valentine, Honky Tonk Man and Hillbilly Jim, are still available for $34.50 and $44.50.

-- An interview with Hulk Hogan to promote that event is available at http://www.theprovince.com/ He says that people attending tonight's event are in for a treat. "It'll be stories like, 'Do you remember when Andre the Giant took a poop in the bathtub and he filled the bathtub up?' He didn't fill it up all the way, but he did a pretty good job." Hogan also addressed his rumored back surgery. "I went through five back surgeries. I'm back in a good spot where I can almost train like I used to. I'm really pushing the weights, man." He went on to say "Hopefully I won't get back in the ring again, because I can't afford any more broken things."

-- We'll keep you posted as we get more but there are a lot of things going on behind-the-scenes in TNA these days.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: July 20, 2010, 02:19:28 PM »
The Wrestling Globe Newsletter is reporting that Bobby Eaton was released from an Arkansas hospital with a clean bill of health over the weekend.
Eaton was admitted last week with fluid around his heart.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: July 20, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »
WWE star Bret Hart, who returned to the company on Raw last night, posted the following on his Facebook page concerning his upcoming wedding this Saturday:
"I should mention that I'll be getting married again to my girlfriend on July 24. I don't say much about us but I can honestly say that God has looked out for me and, this time around, I know I'll be forever happy and content."

You can read more at Facebook.com/Bret-Hart.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #488 on: July 20, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
You can officially pencil in Bobb'e J. Thompson as the celebrity guest host for the October 18 edition of WWE Raw. Thompson stars in the new movie "Knucklehead," which features a role from WWE Superstar Big Show.

Also confirmed for a gig as host at a future WWE Raw show is country music mega-star Toby Keith. Keith will serve as the host for the October 25 edition of Raw.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #489 on: July 21, 2010, 04:37:05 AM »
TNA just released Ed Farrara due to budget reasons but the internet is now stating that there was more to his firing. Ed was one of the top writers for WWE with Vince Russo back in the day before they jumped ship to WCW back in 1999.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #490 on: July 22, 2010, 04:34:39 AM »
An interesting bit of info...

TNA is in serious talks with Paul Hamen, Dawn Marie, Sandman, Sabu, Shane Douglas & New Jack. Again there is no guarantee that they will all sign but Dixie Carter is trying to get them to debut at TNA's next PPV Hard Justice.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #491 on: July 22, 2010, 06:03:22 AM »
An interesting bit of info...

TNA is in serious talks with Paul Hamen, Dawn Marie, Sandman, Sabu, Shane Douglas & New Jack. Again there is no guarantee that they will all sign but Dixie Carter is trying to get them to debut at TNA's next PPV Hard Justice.

I know it would be short-term only, but that could be an excellent angle....also, aren't Raven and Dreamer available?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #492 on: July 22, 2010, 07:40:22 AM »
According to Comedy Central’s website, Hulk Hogan will be among those roasting David Hasslehoff on an upcoming Friar’s Club Roast.
I’ll post more details concerning day & time when they become available.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: July 22, 2010, 08:57:52 AM »
I know it would be short-term only, but that could be an excellent angle....also, aren't Raven and Dreamer available?
They are both already there I think.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: July 22, 2010, 09:44:56 AM »

I'm so outta the loop....I would re-ignite some of the old ECW fueds and blend it in with the current program/roster. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #495 on: July 22, 2010, 10:00:07 AM »
I'm so outta the loop....I would re-ignite some of the old ECW fueds and blend it in with the current program/roster. 
Lol...I don't blame you for being outta the loop. Its been a very stale product the last 6 months or so.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #496 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05:24 AM »
Lol...I don't blame you for being outta the loop. Its been a very stale product the last 6 months or so.

I have been trying to catch more of it on TV, but its a bad night for it to be on for me.  I really need a DVR... :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: July 22, 2010, 10:55:22 AM »
I have been trying to catch more of it on TV, but its a bad night for it to be on for me.  I really need a DVR... :-\
Here in Canada, it airs on monday nights at 9pm on the score channel. I catch the first hour but I usually fall asleep. I PVR it anyway so I catch the rest the next morning before work.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #498 on: July 22, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »
yeah they are already there,for the last several weeks  dreamer, rhyno ,stevie richards, and raven come out and sit in the crowd last week they got involved in the action.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #499 on: July 22, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »
In a recent interview with The San Diego Union-Tribune, former WWE and WCW Champion Bill Goldberg had the following to say about the possibility of wrestling one more match:

"If the money was right, I'd go out there and do it in two seconds. I'd have to be totally prepared for it, because I wouldn't want to tarnish my image, but I'd like to be in the ring one more time so that my wife and my son can see me wrestle live."
"I don't ever want to say that I miss anything about the wrestling business. I miss the ability to put a smile on a kid’s face, more than one at a time. That was a true charge for me."