Author Topic: does anyone TRUELY only get 4-5 hours of sleep per night and never catch up  (Read 6515 times)

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Until recently I could get by on 5-6 hours just fine. Now that my training is getting longer and harder I will sometimes wake up after 10 hours if I dont set the alarm clock. I can get up after 6-7 hrs just fine but I will be a lot more sore than if I just slept another 1-2 hrs.

are you using steroids? are you ecto, meso, endo?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
you always surprise me with more and stupider statements everytime you post.

Why do you always question yourself about the way you lift, eat, sleep?  It'S borderline obsession.

I lift since 10 years, am a shorter version of you with very similar build ,muscle shape and mass yet i dont feel like i need to question the way i train that much anymore (ironically i made most gains that way), the only thing you need to know even after years of training is that you have to keep consistant to make progresses, considering you cannot change the way your body put on muscles anyways with a different nutrition o exercises: it's all about genetics and being content with what you obtain being consistant.

a bit of a double entendre in how you want me to be and how i am, for me its mere discussion and collaborating others perspectives for my own collective conscious

you basically said a whole lot of obvious...

in your little world you are satisfied and deny other perspectives and ridicule them

for me im humble and i know life is a long journey of learning. and PEOPLE can and should be used as tools for wisdom, dont be so cocky to overlook something else someone is doing
A

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
You could learn a lot from Jonny Falcon if you would just listen.

In teh top 10 biggest guys on this forum.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Until recently I could get by on 5-6 hours just fine. Now that my training is getting longer and harder I will sometimes wake up after 10 hours if I dont set the alarm clock. I can get up after 6-7 hrs just fine but I will be a lot more sore than if I just slept another 1-2 hrs.

i bet your actuall muscle size is bigger with the less sleep( think of your pump from you workout slowly dwindiling down to nothing the more the muscle is not being stimulated) because during sleep we get smaller and smaller unless we have alot of food on our stomachs when we sleep or eat a bunch in the middle of sleep (wich could turn to fat also)

A

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
a bit of a double entendre in how you want me to be and how i am, for me its mere discussion and collaborating others perspectives for my own collective conscious

you basically said a whole lot of obvious...
doesnt seem that obvious to you if you need to ask strangers how they manage their rest/sleep to maximize "muscular gains"  ::)

I'm just wondering why you seem so insecure about your knowldeges when in fact you already reached your natural potential and burried most people's physiques on here when posting your pics some time ago.

I'm just saying, dude, what you're doing works fine and whatever the way you eat or sleep, it aint going to change much to the way you look, especially as a natural. So chill and quit being so insecure about the way you live.

Posting more stupid pics of you aint going to cure this either.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
doesnt seem that obvious to you if you need to ask strangers how they manage their rest/sleep to maximize "muscular gains"  ::)

I'm just wondering why you seem so insecure about your knowldeges when in fact you already reached your natural potential and burried most people's physiques on here when posting your pics some time ago.

I'm just saying, dude, what you're doing works fine and whatever the way you eat or sleep, it aint going to change much to the way you look, especially as a natural. So chill and quit being so insecure about the way you live.

Posting more stupid pics of you aint going to cure this either.
in your little world you are satisfied and deny other perspectives and ridicule them

for me im humble and i know life is a long journey of learning. and PEOPLE can and should be used as tools for wisdom, dont be so cocky to overlook something else someone is doing
A

Stubborn

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Who wants a mustache ride?
are you using steroids? are you ecto, meso, endo?

No gear here. Im endo for the most part (6' 300lbs w/high 20's bf%).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Im sorry buit i dont belive that diff bodytypes need diff amount of sleep.

We respond well to different rep schemes based upon ratio of fast and slow twitch muscle fibers, which is dependent upon body type.  

Is central nervous system recovery time in any way tied to ratio of fast/slow twitch?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
hoonestly i have no idea lol

i dont know much about biology. sorry dude i am sure others heare can chirp in

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
You could learn a lot from Jonny Falcon if you would just listen.

In teh top 10 biggest guys on this forum.
you dont even know how i look and what i achieved. If you were a real friend and werent an internet stranger , if i had any real interest into showing off to you i would but this is plain retarded over the internet.

Let me just tell you believe it or not that jhonny knows nothing i dont know, again i have the exact same structure and muscle development than him, and that's what i'm telling him here; quit worrying and just do your thing, it's allright. It's precisely because we both have a very similar body that i understand him and what he might think more than anyone else.

None of us is going to look like ronnie coleman or dennis wolf discovering a miracle food or secret formula... The fact that some of you guys are constantly guessing how to look better is borderline an obsession more than a passion. You know you're not going to look like guys you despise and admire at the same time, the guys we see in the pictures posted on here, because they use steroids.

Maybe you guys are getting too influenced by this and maybe it's preventing you from enjoying what you have already.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
matches how you look also  ;D

What did I do to deserve that abuse?

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

ah man it was tongue in cheek hence the smilie...i dont know you. Apologies if offended

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
ah man it was tongue in cheek hence the smilie...i dont know you. Apologies if offended

ok

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

I dont deny your perspective im just saying ive been there before and that i know why you feel that way. I dont think its a positive perspective that could lead you into positives things. I even tell you how I managed to get rid of some of my own insecurities and that i learnt that wathever you eat or how you sleep  isnt going to do half as much as you believe it would to your body. I'm also wondering why you need to ask this on the internet and why you dont ask this to real people in your everydaylife. On a side note i doubt anyone would want to share what he learnt to strangers for free either. You d have to be very naive to think so. That's why some people pay "personal trainers".

Now about ridiculing you, you did most of it by yourself so don't complain. Paradoxally im one of the only guys here who praises your natural physique and your down to earth side, but stop whining because all the other stupid stuff you say might be considered as stupid by other people. You'll eventually get rid of that too, being tired of being laughed at for this whole useless "wigger" trait of your personality. You dont need this. For some reasons you still believe you do, but hey that's your life not mine.

Being humble doesnt fit well with posting pics of you to strangers every other week on a internet messageboard for attention either.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
I can't function on less than eight hours.   :-X
S

tweeter

• Getbig IV
I will usually sleep about 6-7 hours per night during the week, but then on weekends I will sleep up to 12-16 hours per night. I function best on 9-10 hours.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I dont deny your perspective im just saying ive been there before and that i know why you feel that way. I dont think its a positive perspective that could lead you into positives things. I even tell you how I managed to get rid of some of my own insecurities and that i learnt that wathever you eat or how you sleep  isnt going to do half as much as you believe it would to your body. I'm also wondering why you need to ask this on the internet and why you dont ask this to real people in your everydaylife. On a side note i doubt anyone would want to share what he learnt to strangers for free either. You d have to be very naive to think so. That's why some people pay "personal trainers".

Now about ridiculing you, you did most of it by yourself so don't complain. Paradoxally im one of the only guys here who praises your natural physique and your down to earth side, but stop whining because all the other stupid stuff you say might be considered as stupid by other people. You'll eventually get rid of that too, being tired of being laughed at for this whole useless "wigger" trait of your personality. You dont need this. For some reasons you still believe you do, but hey that's your life not mine.

Being humble doesnt fit well with posting pics of you to strangers every other week on a internet messageboard for attention either.

whats wrong big guy?
A

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
I get bad insomnia. I have no problem staying asleep when I finally get off, it's the "getting off".
I tend to have 4-5 nights of terrible sleep - 3 or 4 hrs and then one night where I end up sleeping for about 10 hrs.

Then it all starts up again.
O

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon

meltdown

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
When I get less than eight hours I fall asleep on the train.

More than ten and I feel lethargic the rest of the day.

The most important thing for me is getting some solid sleep before 12, I always feel better sleeping 21.00 to 05.00 than 01.00 to 09.00.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
I get bad insomnia. I have no problem staying asleep when I finally get off, it's the "getting off".
I tend to have 4-5 nights of terrible sleep - 3 or 4 hrs and then one night where I end up sleeping for about 10 hrs.

I have similar issues if I don't stick to a schedule and just leave stressing and thinking on the bathroom counter with the toothbrush.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Normally i get 7-8 hrs. Min of 6 hrs, max of 9hrs.

Studies have shown that too much sleep can be as bad as too little sleep.

8 hrs is recommended and thats feels enough for me...
No doubt about it...

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV

Me too.  Right now, it's like 3:41am & I am up watching a tivoed Jeopardy from last nite.  Maybe I need to go "get off".  Insomnia is the worst thing for a b-ber especially when training for a show.    

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Sounds like Jade's man isn't doing his part for the team. 

You might want to have a sit down about that.

Tombo

• Getbig V
fair few experts in this thread

not unexpected at getbig.com