Author Topic: Obesity 'can be caught - just like a cold'  (Read 4813 times)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
Re: Obesity 'can be caught - just like a cold'
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »
ahahahahhaa, yeah sure!!

Tell me, how many people who work out seriously do you know that are fat and how many people that do not workout are fat?

No correlation in the two??

Being fat = being lazy.

I have seen and still do see plenty of people come into the gym who are fat and do tons of cardio on a consistent basis blindly thinking that all this cardio will just melt the fat off. Walk on the treadmill for an hour then eat a snickers. Takes about 2 min to undo that one hour. Over eating does not mean that you are lazy, where the Hell did you get that from?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2009, 10:56:57 AM »
Haha I wonder how fat Jonsey is now, given they sat next to each other once

I heard Jonesy is not doing too well these days....

But boy did they have a good time at that charity event!!!
from incomplete data

Jizzacked

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2009, 12:48:03 PM »
I saw this mentioned on tv the other night.  I seriously hope there is not much to it... fuck aids this would be the scariest disease ever.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »
I have seen and still do see plenty of people come into the gym who are fat and do tons of cardio on a consistent basis blindly thinking that all this cardio will just melt the fat off. Walk on the treadmill for an hour then eat a snickers. Takes about 2 min to undo that one hour. Over eating does not mean that you are lazy, where the Hell did you get that from?

Believe it or not, i have one girl i work with change from doing cardio and crappy classes, and now all she does is weights, because she got no results. Suddenly within weeks her body was changing. Took a lot of convincing. No-one else fucking listens ;)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2009, 01:03:42 PM »
FUCK FAT

FAT IS GAY

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2009, 01:27:02 PM »

Doing cardio on the machines in the gym is bullshit.

How about pickup basketball, football, hockey.  That is real activity that can outmatch a snickers bar.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2009, 11:27:26 PM »
I disagree!

My father's generation (baby boomer) was the first to experience the barage of snacks and sugar cereals, but they played outside everyday: riding bikes, sports, etc.  Kids today play video games.

You see it all the time in college, where eating habbits stay the same, but students no longer play the sports they did in highschool (women especially).

i used to play video games chronically from age 13 till about 21 and I'm very fit!!:( so...not buying the video game argument:(

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2009, 11:30:26 PM »
Doing cardio on the machines in the gym is bullshit.

How about pickup basketball, football, hockey.  That is real activity that can outmatch a snickers bar.

I agree and it's a helluva lot less boring.  ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2009, 11:34:13 PM »
Believe it or not, i have one girl i work with change from doing cardio and crappy classes, and now all she does is weights, because she got no results. Suddenly within weeks her body was changing. Took a lot of convincing. No-one else fucking listens ;)

Worked at a big gym years ago and had a lady who never lifted before come to me and ask me how she could lose some body fat. This lady used to run 2 freakin hours a day!!! I told her that the first thing that she needed to do was to go home and and do nothing for 2 weeks then come back and see me. She would hear none of that as she was addicted to cardio even though it did her no good as far as losing fat.

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2009, 11:38:24 PM »

I second this. Cardio is overrated. I went on this cardio programme a while back and it did nothing for me but make me tired and irritable. As a result I just ate more on weekends and just got fatter...

Last year I did only weight programs, watched my food intake, drank plenty of water....At the end of it, I gained about 10 pounds while dropping my b.f. by approximately 4%.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2009, 01:05:57 AM »
Has everything to do with stuffing their fat fuckin holes.

truth. gluttonous whales.
It's Hip to be Square!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2009, 01:09:24 AM »
That's right! They need to start shutting their fukin pie holes! I want to kill people who eat too much!!

The really weird ones are from the Asian decent...Extremely submissive(followers) humans those Asians...Much like this Getbigger right here  http://www.myspace.com/jtsunami

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2009, 05:57:18 AM »
Can you catch ugly?