Author Topic: Who's your top 5 favorite fighters? MMA  (Read 2791 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Who's your top 5 favorite fighters? MMA
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2009, 03:50:18 PM »
1.. fedor
2.. Uriah Faber
3..Clay Guida
4..Nate Diaz
5..GSP

You must be having a good time these days. All of your favorites are fighting in the span of a week.
!

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 09:10:01 AM »
Nate Diaz??  I can see Nick Diaz, but Nate?   How long has he been around?  He isn't even tested.  He's going down against Guida i'm sure.  CLay is the man.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »
Nate Diaz??  I can see Nick Diaz, but Nate?   How long has he been around?  He isn't even tested.  He's going down against Guida i'm sure.  CLay is the man.

this is who's your favorite fighters.not who's the best or who's accomplished more.hth
DAWG

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 01:04:21 AM »
nates young and imo has a bright future in mma,hes tough,awesome on the ground,has okay hands but needs alot more work.nate is alot more humble then nick,i used to like nick but if things dont go his way the street thug attitude comes out and turns alot of people off including myself.but as far as skill theres no denying that nick can beat the best in his weight class if hes on and in top shape
R

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2009, 12:36:23 AM »
Top 5 still competing?

That's a hard list, because I hate most of the current fighters.

Andy Hug was also my favorite fighter, but he's dead so...

In no order of preference:

*Lyoto Machida

I like this guy because he plays by his own rules. He doesn't listen to anyone but himself -
and he damn sure doesn't change his game plan because some hillbillies can't appreciate a guy bringing 'art' back to martial arts.
Being an expert Shotokan Karate and Brasilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner, he's deadly both standing and grappling. There's no holes in this guys game.
As one of the few MMA fighters with an undefeated record, vs. strong competition at that, he's set to take the light-heavyweight belt soon.
I'd say he's in the running with Fedor for the title of best pound for pound fighter in the world.

*GSP

Fantastic fighter, and very amiable. How can you not like this dude?
Solid Kyokushin Karate with Muay-Thai, supplemented with superb take-down defense means he's the new grappler killer.

*Fedor

What can you say?
He's the best in the world. PERIOD. He's beaten the best guys in the heavyweight division.
Former UFC champs have been utterly shamed by him. All that's left is Josh Barnett and an old Randy Couture,
but after his last showing, few would doubt that they will crumble just like the rest. Seems like a thoughtful, intelligent fellow too.
In addition to being the greatest fighter in the world, he's a painter, patriot, and devoted family man. Very well-rounded.
He's all business; none of this flashy bling/tatted/mo-hawked/American bullshit (as exemplified by Tito Ortiz, Rampage, Leiben, et al) with the "Last Emperor".

*Josh Barnett

No special reason. He's just pretty awesome.

*Arlovski

Dude moves up my list. Used to be pretty boring, but something sparked in him.
Looks manlier than Bert Reynolds too.

-------------
Former Favorites:

Bas Rutten
Guy used to be funny, now I just find him annoying.
He puts out self-defense videos that would only be useful if you're built like Bas Rutten.
Like someone is going to walk up and smash someone's femur with their bare hands, while the person is seated.
Gimme a break!

Cro Cop
Makes excuses for his failures. "Maybe I'm getting old..."
Dude, last I checked, Kongo was about the same age as you in that fight.
Yeah, we know the real reason buddy. You forgot this------->   }=====]=-------
☠ Order of Nephilim

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2009, 01:34:16 AM »
Top 5 Currently Fighting:
Randy Couture
BJ Penn
Rampage
Kenny Florian
Lyoto Machida

Ready to break into my top 5 should any above retire:
Bones Jones

Honorable Mention:
Gina Carano, Cung Le, Diego Sanchez