Author Topic: Rove subpoenaed and scheduled to appear on Monday Feb 2nd  (Read 2798 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rove subpoenaed and scheduled to appear on Monday Feb 2nd
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2009, 01:52:17 PM »
I feel the same way about the steroid witch hunts...

I agree.  Those hearings were designed in large part to embarrass the players.  The players made their beds, but the hearings were unnecessary IMO.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2009, 02:11:28 PM »
Yes, it is a partisan witch hunt.  The investigation was started by Democrats.  The hearings were held by Democrats.  The continued hearings are being held by Democrats. 

And I have yet to hear or read about any criminal activity in the firing of the U.S. Attorneys.  Outrageous that my tax dollars are being wasted on this garbage, particularly in light of the economic crisis. 

how exactly would you expect to hear or read something way nobody will testify ...well there have been a few like Monica Goodling which is what leads to more question and as of yet no answers.

I wasn't aware that former AG Mukasey was part of the partisan witch hunt but I guess you're saying he is

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »
how exactly would you expect to hear or read something way nobody will testify ...well there have been a few like Monica Goodling which is what leads to more question and as of yet no answers.

I wasn't aware that former AG Mukasey was part of the partisan witch hunt but I guess you're saying he is

Oh please.  This has been something pursued solely by Democrats.  They have been floundering around all over the place.  There isn't even smoke.  There was a long discussion about this on the board a while back.  Several in fact.  I haven't heard of a crime yet.  One party in Congress should not be going on fishing expeditions looking for potential wrongdoing.  You would think the folks in D.C. would have learned from the wasted Walsh and Starr investigations. 

Let me go out on a limb and say the millions spent on this witch hunt will not result in a criminal prosecution.  I will be shocked if that happens.  At most, we may see a partisan "report" from Congress to try and justify flushing our money down the drain.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 03:04:59 PM »
Let me go out on a limb and say the millions spent on this witch hunt will not result in a criminal prosecution. 

Holder is maybe trying to get repubs back for prosecuting clinton?