Author Topic: Michael Phelps busted on Camera Smoking Pot!  (Read 8599 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Michael Phelps busted on Camera Smoking Pot!
« Reply #100 on: February 01, 2009, 07:06:41 PM »
He has bigger secrets than smoking pot.  ;)
you wish ::)
A

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #101 on: February 01, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »
"I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment. I'm 23 years old and despite the successes I've had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner people have come to expect from me. For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public it will not happen again."

I wonder which sponser's lawyer wrote that for him?

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #102 on: February 01, 2009, 07:31:26 PM »
He will  be  banned from the 2012 Olympics.
Sad Sad Sad.  When you are popular like him,
or not even as popular, your so called friends
turn into enemies.  When I dated Lita Ford,
it happened on a weekly basis. 

I feel sorry for Michael.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/150832/14-times-Olympic-gold-medal-winner-Michael-Phelps-caught-with-bong-cannabis-pipe.html

He won't be banned from the olympics

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #103 on: February 01, 2009, 07:38:08 PM »
He won't be banned from the olympics
He will just claim it was tobacco or he was just posing for a funny pic. ;)
A

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #104 on: February 03, 2009, 06:35:50 AM »
He has bigger secrets than smoking pot.  ;)

Oh dear God , don't start this BS that everyone is gay.

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2009, 11:15:07 AM »
Now the Sheriff in that town of Richland is thinking of pressing charges on Michael.... Talk about someone that wants his 15 minutes of fame....

He will go down in history as the person that single handedly brought in a HUGE drug addict to justice. What a crock of shit!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
Now the Sheriff in that town of Richland is thinking of pressing charges on Michael.... Talk about someone that wants his 15 minutes of fame....

He will go down in history as the person that single handedly brought in a HUGE drug addict to justice. What a crock of shit!

Cops in Columbia, S.C.= ASSHOLES!!
D

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2009, 12:23:57 PM »
Cops in Columbia, S.C.= ASSHOLES!!

I only spent Basic Training in Columbia. I never got the privilege of finding out how bad the cops were. Our drill instructors told us if we got station at Ft. Jackson to beware of the PoPo

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #108 on: February 03, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
I only spent Basic Training in Columbia. I never got the privilege of finding out how bad the cops were. Our drill instructors told us if we got station at Ft. Jackson to beware of the PoPo

I had alot of friends that went to University of South Carolina and i got pulled over by those assholes and they are the worst cops in america. I have had "WAY TOO" many incidents with them. I have alot of bad stories dealing with the ones in Columbia and Charleston, S.C.
D

Jizzacked

« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2009, 01:05:14 PM »
that sheriff sounds like a real tool, this is what one article said about him

"The Richland County sheriff has long sought to fight drug crimes. He rose from patrol officer to captain of the narcotics division in the early 1990s, after the television series "Miami Vice" made its splash.

Lott played the part well. He wore stylish suits and had long hair then. He drove a Porsche seized from a drug dealer and even worked undercover with federal agents in Florida. "

flamerrrrrrr

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2009, 03:22:43 PM »
Here is the full article from ESPN.

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Olympic superstar Michael Phelps could face criminal charges as part of the fallout from a photo that surfaced showing the swimmer smoking from a marijuana pipe at a University of South Carolina house party.

A spokesman for Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott, who is known for his tough stance on drugs, said Tuesday the department was investigating.

"Our narcotics division is reviewing the information that we have, and they're investigating what charges, if any, will be filed," said Lt. Chris Cowan, a spokesman for agency.

The photo first shown in British tabloid News of the World on Sunday was snapped during a November party while Phelps was visiting the university, according to the paper.

Phelps, 23, and his team have not disputed the photo's accuracy. Phelps has issued a public apology, acknowledging "regrettable" behavior and "bad judgment" after the photo appeared.

One of Phelps' agents, Drew Johnson, said Tuesday authorities had not contacted the swimmer. "So we really can't speculate," he said.

Last fall, Phelps was introduced to large applause at South Carolina's football game with Arkansas. He met with players and visited with Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier, who gave Phelps one of the ball coach's trademark visors.

Phelps also spoke at a university class on sports' role in society.

Where exactly the party occurred isn't clear. The university said its police have no evidence it was on campus, and city police said they won't pursue criminal charges unless more information comes forward.

The Richland County sheriff can pursue charges as long as the party was in the county, the spokesman said.

"The bottom line is, if he broke the law, and he did it in Richland County, he's going to be charged," Cowan said. "And there's no difference between Michael Phelps and several other people that we arrest for the same type of a charge everyday."

Under South Carolina law, possession of one ounce or less of marijuana is a misdemeanor that carries a fine up to $200 and 30 days in jail for the first offense. Possession of paraphernalia is a $500 fine.

The Richland County sheriff has long sought to fight drug crimes. He rose from patrol officer to captain of the narcotics division in the early 1990s, after the television series "Miami Vice" made its splash.

Lott played the part well. He wore stylish suits and had long hair then. He drove a Porsche seized from a drug dealer and even worked undercover with federal agents in Florida.

Meanwhile, another of Phelps' big-name sponsors -- credit-payment processor Visa Inc. -- said Tuesday that it will continue to support him.

"We have spoken with Michael, and he has expressed regret for the situation, has committed to being accountable and improving his judgment in the future," the company said. "We intend to support him as he looks to move forward."

On Monday, sponsors including apparel company Speedo, luxury Swiss watchmaker Omega and sports beverage PureSport's maker Human Performance Labs also said they stand behind the athlete, even if they don't condone his behavior.

Some of Phelps sponsors still weren't commenting Tuesday. A spokeswoman at Battle Creek, Mich.-based Kellogg Co. said the cereal maker declined to comment. The company put Phelps on boxes of its Frosted Flakes and Corn Flakes.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »
Good post from www.AndrewSullivan.com
"Now Phelps Might Be Arrested?

America's drug war insanity deepens. What I love about the harrumphing is its total incoherence. The argument, so far as I can tell, is: a) marijuana destroys people, renders them incapable of productive and worthwhile lives; b) yes, the new president and the greatest Olympic swimmer of all time have smoked pot; c) but that means we have to punish them all the more!

Because they disprove the lies required to sustain the Prohibition. The more the myths of the anti-cannabis brigade are exposed, the more they have to be enforced."

That's not Colin Farell.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »

Is he trisomic?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2009, 07:05:54 PM »

Is he trisomic?

I dunno, but the cunt certainly is retarded...
No doubt about it...

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2009, 07:07:43 PM »

He doesn't look very bright, that's for certain.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2009, 07:41:48 PM »

He doesn't look very bright, that's for certain.

If it wasn't for his swimming abilities you would think he was a weegah.
from incomplete data

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2009, 07:43:48 PM »

Maybe he's just stoned?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »
Maybe he's just stoned?

That could be it.....
No doubt about it...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2009, 07:48:34 PM »
People magazine actually put him on the list of the most beautiful people.  ::)

I heard rumors that People magazine takes bribs for shit like this...And Phelps supposedly gave 50 thousand to get in the mag :-\

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »
Of course he smokes pot. How else would he consume those 12,000 calories a day?  :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2009, 09:32:28 PM »
Is he trisomic?

He's actually flirting with quadsomic.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #121 on: February 04, 2009, 12:16:44 AM »
I've looked into a crystal ball and his future for sure will be filled with many upon many Mud Sharks...Thats what happens when he is kept away from reality... :-\

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2009, 12:41:09 PM »
"If Michael Phelps wants to pour alcohol into his face, smoke the
marijuana like a cigarette and fornicate with various loose women before
beating the world's pants off at swimming, shouldn't we as a nation
stand behind him? I mean, Christ, if he was anymore American, he'd be
out fighting crime with a talking bald eagle for a sidekick." 

- thesuperficial.com

Stebeds

• Getbig II
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2009, 02:03:53 AM »
Still, a picture proves nothing.

He does look stupid yeah but if I were him I would say a mate smokes weed and I was just messing about with it pretending to toke it. There isn't even any smoke in the picture, either in the bong itself or anywhere in the room.

12,000 cals a day, even if you could manage to not sleep and jog 24/7 you wouldn't need 12,000 cals. For a start you wouldn't even be able to crap it out lol.

The most calories I have heard is not even in bodybuilding - its SAS soldiers, who do eat 7000 cals a day. Then again they are walking 40 miles in 20 hours carrying a 35lb+ rucksack.

I know the topic is old but im f'kin bored shitless.  ;D

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2009, 02:13:44 AM »
He is somebody the US can be proud of!
Bashing him for smoking pot (illegal), while it is far more dangerous drinking whiskey, vodka, gin (legal), is really STUPID.