Author Topic: Baseball  (Read 5875 times)

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Baseball
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 07:36:11 PM »
In the U.S. , if you’re not a fan of baseball, you might as well not be American  ::)
One hundred and sixty two games in a regular season (are you serious ) is 142 too many. Come on.  By the time July rolls around, a game-winning home run or strike out in the bottom of the ninth doesn’t mean shit,
Now, I’ve been invited to baseball games before, and after foolishly accepting the first couple of times, I’ve since learned to fake either a limp or a devastating and sudden brain injury, since baseball is the dullest thing ever invented to be played by men in embarrassingly snug pants on mounds of dirt.I recognize it’s America’s national pastime, but  once you unwrap baseball from the American flag and untie the eagle baked in an apple pie you tied around it, it turns out baseball’s so staggeringly fucking boring you could get hit in the temple with a foul ball and be grateful.
If you can think of two things more excruciatingly dull than sitting still for six hours watching screens flip through mathematics while snug-panted men occasionally interrupt long stretches of standing around to hit a ball from one end of the stadium to the other, then you’re from England and have watched cricket, and my condolences.
 8) 8) 8)

Like Football games in person, you get wasted...You go to a game 3 hours before and hit up the across the street bar from the field and get wasted...Then you drink as much as possible while in the stadium...

Your main purpose is to get drunk as fuck and let every father in a 30 seat radius realize what a mistake it was to bring his kid to a baseball/football game at $100 seat...

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2009, 08:09:35 PM »
Have had it on everyday since Jan 1. when it started. Last night was the 2002 WS with the Angels 8)

Football is just something to till baseball season. BUT, I did get invited this Friday to sit in on USC football speed camp and strength program, can't wait for that 8)

Sweet maybe u can personally inject a couple cc's into Taylor Mays' ass .

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 01:15:12 AM »
Lets make this thread bodybuilding related. 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 07:04:13 AM »
Go watch a game in Yankee stadium,Fenway,Wrigley or St.Louis and then tell me if it's no fun.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 07:05:49 AM »
Go watch a game in Yankee stadium,Fenway,Wrigley or St.Louis and then tell me if it's no fun.
I couldn't quote this for more truth if I tried.  :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2009, 07:11:51 AM »

;) :)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2009, 07:16:02 AM »

Easy there tiger

Sure he could hit from both sides of the plates
But:

Then -just Curves and fast ball  (piece of cake for sluggers)
Now- Do you really want me to name how many throws can actually dominate the most dangerous hitter?

Then--they were like 4 or 5 pitchers in the league that can really throw over 90 mph
Now- Theres like 5 pitchers in every team that can throw over 90 mph.

Then- only one pitcher was used per game even if the pic had a bad day will be rare to have a relief pitcher in the 9th.
Now- A starting pitcher would go hard 6 to 7 innings if not few relief pitchers  and then a fresh Closer.

Now-  Its hard to hit over 40 doubles in a season due to the speed given to the outfielders "jackasses on steroids"
Pitcher have more strengh and movement on their throws (balls)thanks to steroids
A shortstop can make a double play faster thanks to steroids and so on and on.

Then - They were like 12 teams in the majors
Now - close to 30

Then - Anyone at 160 pounds could play at Major league lebel..
The best players were watching the game at home for being either black or latinos and not allowed to play.

Now things are a bit more competitive.

If youre over 90 years of age ...Nevermind

WOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

don't worry about Quaker/SF.  He's like the fat kid in school deperately trying to fit in so he learns one fact about a sport and tries to inject it into a conversation.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2009, 07:16:14 AM »
The Greatest of All Time.

What ballparks have you been to?

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2009, 07:16:54 AM »

Have you been to any besides Toronto?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2009, 07:17:44 AM »
don't worry about Quaker/SF.  He's like the fat kid in school deperately trying to fit in so he learns one fact about a sport and tries to inject it into a conversation.
hahahahhaaa, and i guees you think that Mickey mantle would be just a "so-so" player in today's day and age as well, right? ::)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2009, 07:17:52 AM »
;) :)
Still have my limited edition Derek Jeter figurine(!?) from the last time I was at a Yankee game. #5742/20,000 no less.  :D  

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2009, 07:19:07 AM »
Fenway is 100000000000000000% better since the new owners took over. The renovations are great and their is a great atmosphere around the ballpark.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2009, 07:23:38 AM »
Have you been to any besides Toronto?
Sure, lots. Toronto is a nice enough stadium, but baseball-wise not so good. You've got artificial turf, which I hate, and even if you're seated along the baselines you're still 60' away from the action. But it's all we have these days, so what are ya gonna do.   

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2009, 07:25:49 AM »
Fenway is 100000000000000000% better since the new owners took over. The renovations are great and their is a great atmosphere around the ballpark.

You know I'm a die hard Yankee fan but the company I work for has season tickets to Fenway.
I get to go twice a year.seats are field level exactly 20 rows behind home :o it always a great time,such a great atmosphere.and lets not forget the bar hopping around Fenway afterwords 8)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2009, 07:30:48 AM »

You know I'm a die hard Yankee fan but the company I work for has season tickets to Fenway.
I get to go twice a year.seats are field level exactly 20 rows behind home :o it always a great time,such a great atmosphere.and lets not forget the bar hopping around Fenway afterwords 8)

I love(d) Yankee Stadium. I got yelled at by some geezer tour guide for taking a picture of Babe Ruth's plaque in monument park with a Red Sox hat on it. The neighberhood is a little to "Puerto Ricany" though. ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2009, 07:40:22 AM »
Sure, lots. Toronto is a nice enough stadium, but baseball-wise not so good. You've got artificial turf, which I hate, and even if you're seated along the baselines you're still 60' away from the action. But it's all we have these days, so what are ya gonna do.   

I've done Yankee,Fenway,Shea,Camden,and Pac Bell.
Camden and Pac Bell are great stadiums but don't have close to the atmosphere of NY or Boston.
I was suppose to go to Olympic stadium but I never made it off St. Catherine street ;)

...and Mcovey's cove is tiny compared to how it's made to look on tv.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2009, 07:47:16 AM »
I've done Yankee,Fenway,Shea,Camden,and Pac Bell.
Camden and Pac Bell are great stadiums but don't have close to the atmosphere of NY or Boston.
I was suppose to go to Olympic stadium but I never made it off St. Catherine street ;)

...and Mcovey's cove is tiny compared to how it's made to look on tv.
I wonder if Club Super Sex is still around? I disremember going there plenty of times.  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2009, 07:51:15 AM »
Camden Yards is by far the nicest i've been to. Fenway and Yankee stadium speak for themselves. PNC in Pittsburgh is really nice, Tropicana field was the most depressing stadium i've ever seen maybe thats changed. The Marlins were good because there were like 100 people there so we moved up right by the third base line and RFK was huge.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2009, 07:52:33 AM »
I wonder if Club Super Sex is still around? I disremember going there plenty of times.  ;D

I can't seem to recall that place myself ;)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2009, 07:54:58 AM »
Camden Yards is by far the nicest i've been to. Fenway and Yankee stadium speak for themselves. PNC in Pittsburgh is really nice, Tropicana field was the most depressing stadium i've ever seen maybe thats changed. The Marlins were good because there were like 100 people there so we moved up right by the third base line and RFK was huge.

The fans are way to nice at Camden >:(

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 07:57:17 AM »
Like Football games in person, you get wasted...You go to a game 3 hours before and hit up the across the street bar from the field and get wasted...Then you drink as much as possible while in the stadium...

Your main purpose is to get drunk as fuck and let every father in a 30 seat radius realize what a mistake it was to bring his kid to a baseball/football game at $100 seat...

hahahahahahahaha

QFT
b

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 07:57:33 AM »

The fans are way to nice at Camden >:(
True. I feel bad for them, it's a great baseball city but the product they've put out the last decade or so has been horrendous. BBQ was good though.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 08:04:30 AM »
True. I feel bad for them, it's a great baseball city but the product they've put out the last decade or so has been horrendous. BBQ was good though.

Boogs bbq is good shit :D

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 08:22:27 AM »

I watched the phillies play a game at philly one time, most boring thing i ever went to in my life.
I went to yankee stadium one time when it was snowing really bad (dumbass me couldn't make the connection between snow and canceled tours), and the guys working there were really cool and let me go take pictures of the stadium covered in snow.

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 08:27:25 AM »

Easy there tiger

Sure he could hit from both sides of the plates
But:

Then -just Curves and fast ball  (piece of cake for sluggers)
Now- Do you really want me to name how many throws can actually dominate the most dangerous hitter?

Then--they were like 4 or 5 pitchers in the league that can really throw over 90 mph
Now- Theres like 5 pitchers in every team that can throw over 90 mph.

Then- only one pitcher was used per game even if the pic had a bad day will be rare to have a relief pitcher in the 9th.
Now- A starting pitcher would go hard 6 to 7 innings if not few relief pitchers  and then a fresh Closer.

Now-  Its hard to hit over 40 doubles in a season due to the speed given to the outfielders "jackasses on steroids"
Pitcher have more strengh and movement on their throws (balls)thanks to steroids
A shortstop can make a double play faster thanks to steroids and so on and on.

Then - They were like 12 teams in the majors
Now - close to 30

Then - Anyone at 160 pounds could play at Major league lebel..
The best players were watching the game at home for being either black or latinos and not allowed to play.

Now things are a bit more competitive.

If youre over 90 years of age ...Nevermind

WOOOOSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Squadfather over heard his uncle talk about how great Mantle was one night over dinner in the trailer.  He thought he would repeat it and gets an Epic Owning