Author Topic: ABC News: Obama to order Military to drop charges against USS Cole bomber.  (Read 2816 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
At a minimum, its a PR disaster.

Obama's first few weeks have been a series of PR disasters.  But this thing isn't what it's being made out to be.  Unless, the trial proceedings are permanently discontinued. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Obama's first few weeks have been a series of PR disasters.  But this thing isn't what it's being made out to be.  Unless, the trial proceedings are permanently discontinued. 

The problem is that he did not announce simultaneasly that he is going to proscute these people in other courts.

This is a real mess all brought solely about by Obama and his leftist delusions.

OzmO

• Getbig V
The problem is that he did not announce simultaneasly that he is going to proscute these people in other courts.

This is a real mess all brought solely about by Obama and his leftist delusions.

No, lol.  An incompetent press secretary or adviser.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

A press secretary cannot explain away what appears to be treasonous on its face unless there is an adequate explanation.

So far, we have got no explanation that passes muster.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

I'm not that impressed with Robert Gibbs so far - still trying to reserve judgement on almost everthing right now.  I'd hate to start a new job and have everyone shitting on me from day 1.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I'm not that impressed with Robert Gibbs so far - still trying to reserve judgement on almost everthing right now.  I'd hate to start a new job and have everyone shitting on me from day 1.

Maybe that is why GWB was smiling and so nice to Obama on his way out?????????????

He knew Obama had no clue what he was in for.

OzmO

• Getbig V
A press secretary cannot explain away what appears to be treasonous on its face unless there is an adequate explanation.

So far, we have got no explanation that passes muster.

Not if you read this part:

The move is being done to stop the continued prosecution of al-Nashiri in a court system that his administration may ultimately find illegitimate, not for any other reason, sources told ABC News.

What's happening is conservatives are spinning. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The move is being done to stop the continued prosecution of al-Nashiri in a court system that his administration may ultimately find illegitimate, not for any other reason, sources told ABC News.

Right. 

So Obama is going to make the determination some time on the future when these trials were perfectly fine during WW2??????????

OzmO

• Getbig V
Right. 

So Obama is going to make the determination some time on the future when these trials were perfectly fine during WW2??????????

This is where we have to wait and see.  they may have been perfectly fine in WW2, however, this is far different than WW2 in that these prisoners are more criminal than captured enemy soldiers from the army of another independent country.

What's not going to happen which has been subtly suggested in this thread is the charges being drop an this guy being let go.  IF that happens there will be trouble unless its proved he's the wrong guy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
So far, everything we all said about Obama is coming 100000000% not after months, but days of his taking office.

He cares more about the rights of terrorists than the families of our soldiers who were killed. 

Seriously, tell me why he takes such a personal interest in this when this asshole killed 17 of our soldiers and these trials were ok during WW2?????

JUST WHAT SIDE IS HE ON???????????????

OzmO

• Getbig V
So far, everything we all said about Obama is coming 100000000% not after months, but days of his taking office.

He cares more about the rights of terrorists than the families of our soldiers who were killed. 

Seriously, tell me why he takes such a personal interest in this when this asshole killed 17 of our soldiers and these trials were ok during WW2?????

JUST WHAT SIDE IS HE ON???????????????

I think it can be argued with more credibility that he may be more concerned about maintaining the integrity of the process rather than saying he for terrorists rights.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV

The whole point is he closed Gitmo before think about what he would actually have to do with prisoners and he got called on it By Col. Pohl.

If Kalid goes before an American judge and if the supreme court finds waterboarding to be torture. He will be free.

Even more disturbing is that most of the people held at Gitmo didn't perform any illegal acts on US soil so America can not try them, so they will be sent home only to become terrorist again.
Z

OzmO

• Getbig V
The whole point is he closed Gitmo before think about what he would actually have to do with prisoners and he got called on it By Col. Pohl.

If Kalid goes before an American judge and if the supreme court finds waterboarding to be torture. He will be free.

Even more disturbing is that most of the people held at Gitmo didn't perform any illegal acts on US soil so America can not try them, so they will be sent home only to become terrorist again.

If Kalid is set free it will a huge disaster for Obama and America.  I can't believe that his admin or the military would let that happen. 

Also, why can't they find a way to "try" them where they got them from?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I think it can be argued with more credibility that he may be more concerned about maintaining the integrity of the process rather than saying he for terrorists rights.

Considering that these courts were declared legal during WW2, it definately does not seem that he is protecting anything but the rights of those who kill our soldiers.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Maybe its a political ploy that will ultimately correct the perceived illegitimate court system in the eyes of the whistle blowing libs and will end up proceeding anyway.  Perhaps at another location.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Maybe its a political ploy that will ultimately correct the perceived illegitimate court system in the eyes of the whistle blowing libs and will end up proceeding anyway.  Perhaps at another location.

Regardless of anything else, you have to admit that pushing this nonsense so quickly plays right into the hands of those of us who said he would be more concerned with terrorists rights, etc, than anything else.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
And who is Obama to even make that determination?
How DARE Obama work to undo unconstitutional crap Bush put in place as though he were King with his signing statements.   Who the fuck does this guy think he is lol...

OzmO

• Getbig V
Considering that these courts were declared legal during WW2, it definately does not seem that he is protecting anything but the rights of those who kill our soldiers.

But there's a difference between these terrorists and a captured German soldier.  

OzmO

• Getbig V
Regardless of anything else, you have to admit that pushing this nonsense so quickly plays right into the hands of those of us who said he would be more concerned with terrorists rights, etc, than anything else.

I agree.  Bad political move, poorly executed.  You and I could have done better.   :)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
How DARE Obama work to undo unconstitutional crap Bush put in place as though he were King with his signing statements.   Who the fuck does this guy think he is lol...

The way he is handling things is horrible.

If you had a family member who was on the cole you would not feel the same way. 

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
If Kalid is set free it will a huge disaster for him and America.  I can't believe that his admin or the military would let that happen. 

Also, why can't they find a way to "try" them where they got them from?

Many of these guys can't be sent home because the US won't deport a prisoner to nation that would kill or torture them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-judge-rules-guantanamo-inmate-cannot-be-deported-396560.html
In the latest case, Judge Kessler said: "It would be a profound miscarriage of justice" if she allowed the government to send Mr Rahman to Tunisia. She said this would amount to a death sentence. Mr Rahman faces a 20-year sentence in Tunisia after being convicted there on terrorism charges while being held at Guantanamo. Mr Rahman's lawyer said Judge Kessler's ruling would enable his client to fight what were vague assertions by the Tunisian military that he was "associated with several terrorists".

I don't think many people truly grasp what will happen if Gitmo closes.
You will likely have known terrorists living free in the US. Nothing like going to the Kalid school of terrorism based in Baltimore.

There are many reasons for this but the main point is that they can't hold a prisoner indefinitely and they can't be deported to country where they will be killed.
Z

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Many of these guys can't be sent home because the US won't deport a prisoner to nation that would kill or torture them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-judge-rules-guantanamo-inmate-cannot-be-deported-396560.html
In the latest case, Judge Kessler said: "It would be a profound miscarriage of justice" if she allowed the government to send Mr Rahman to Tunisia. She said this would amount to a death sentence. Mr Rahman faces a 20-year sentence in Tunisia after being convicted there on terrorism charges while being held at Guantanamo. Mr Rahman's lawyer said Judge Kessler's ruling would enable his client to fight what were vague assertions by the Tunisian military that he was "associated with several terrorists".

I don't think many people truly grasp what will happen if Gitmo closes.
You will likely have known terrorists living free in the US. Nothing like going to the Kalid school of terrorism based in Baltimore.

There are many reasons for this but the main point is that they can't hold a prisoner indefinitely and they can't be deported to country where they will be killed.

ZERO is melting down faster than anyone thought.  His liberal platitudes sound good to the devoted followers, but to anyone with a brain, they see through his garbage. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Maybe that is why GWB was smiling and so nice to Obama on his way out?????????????

He knew Obama had no clue what he was in for.

For some reason I think Bush has been drunk continously since his plane landed in Dallas.

He hardly cared about the job when he had it and probably hasn't even turned on the news

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now

How can something, not in the Constitution, be un-Constitutional. This guy is not covered by the Constitution or our laws. He falls in a grey area readily covered by military triibunals that didn't just spring to life under Bush...study ur history. Had this been FDR..they would have had a fair trail and hung.
L

tonymctones

• Getbig V
For some reason I think Bush has been drunk continously since his plane landed in Dallas.

He hardly cared about the job when he had it and probably hasn't even turned on the news
you really need to stop watching that retard olberman