Author Topic: Sid Vicious snapping his leg in two  (Read 7759 times)

Geo

• Getbig IV
Sid Vicious snapping his leg in two
« on: February 03, 2009, 07:59:53 PM »

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Sid Vicious snapping his leg in two
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
That always makes me cringe.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:08 PM »
Holy shit!  That look painful!   :o :'(

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »
I remember when that happend thats nasty

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 05:56:34 AM »
THATS SO HARD TO WATCH

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 06:49:38 AM »
I can't imagine what must be going through his mind. :-X

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 07:10:27 AM »
Did his career end after that?  Did he ever wrestle again? ???

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 07:16:24 AM »
Did his career end after that?  Did he ever wrestle again? ???
He still wrestles in the indy promotions as far as i know. There have been rumors about the WWE wanting to bring him back for a run, but it hasn't happened.

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 07:36:53 AM »
....OW

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »
wiki said they screwed a steel rod to set his leg back and that he tried to sue WCW because they made him use that move against his will....

he's back in Arkansas semi retired and playing softball

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 08:56:17 AM »
I wish I had never seen that video.  Now I'm having sympathy pain; my left leg hurts!  :'(

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »
Last I heard he thought WWE should bring him back for one more title run.   He was not a good worker IMO

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 11:59:54 PM »
He was funny when he used to beat up the scrub wrestlers. Put that call 911 sign around their neck. Would have much rather seen a mega event Flair vs. Hogan at Wrestlemania instead of Hogan/Sid. Never was a good performer and wouldn't do jack in a 2009 WWE.

I agree.   He liked playing softball too much from what I here

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 05:29:56 AM »
Obviously that was fake...... ::)

hahaha   ;D

Karl, do you have any stories of idiots telling your dad "it's all fake?"  I can only imagine the reaction he would give them.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2009, 08:24:06 AM »

hahaha   ;D

Karl, do you have any stories of idiots telling your dad "it's all fake?"  I can only imagine the reaction he would give them.
Hopefully something like this twink got

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »

hahaha   ;D

Yes I have a few. Now you have to remember when my old man was wrestling the business was protected very well.  Back then heels did not travle with babyfaces and vice versa.  But even when my old man retired he would still protect the business.  If someone asked  him   "Is wrestling real ?"  he would say  "Do you want me to show you how real it is ?"  or some shit like that.  I have a real good story that I will post but I want to make sure my facts are right first. I'm going over to the old mans house in a few and I will ask him about it.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
SID VICIOUS

Is Sid dead?
No. The "Sid is dead" was just a rumor on the internet that turned into a pretty big joke for a while.

What's with the squeegee jokes?
In 1991 Brian Pillman who was in WCW and Sid who was in the WWF were in the same town and met at a bar for a couple of drinks. The two ending up getting into a minor fight though if Pillman coming out the winner. Sid left the bar and returned later on with a squeegee (window cleaning tool) as a weapon. The whole bar laughed their asses off at Sid as did wrestling fans when they heard of it.

What's with the scissors jokes?
On September 19th 1993, Sid and Arn Anderson got into a major fight at their hotel while in England for a tour. The fight was broken up by WCW wrestlers but the fight started again only this time Sid had scissors with him. The result was that Arn Anderson had 20 stab wounds while Sid had various cuts on his body. Both men spent the night in the hospital and then were deported the next day. Both men were going to be fired but WCW officials felt that Sid had started it all and fired him and only suspended Arn Anderson.

What's with the softball jokes?
Sid likes playing softball, and will quite often put his softball league ahead of his wrestling federation in terms of importance. He has taken mysterious leaves of absence in order to play softball on more than one occasion.

Was he supposed to win the WCW World title?
Yes. In 1993, Sid was going to beat Vader at Starrcade for the WCW World Title. A months worth a television tapings with Sid as the champion were even shot at the Disney studios to air after the event. After his fight with Arn Anderson though Sid was fired and Ric Flair took his place as the new champion.

Was he fired by the WWF?
It is rumored that Sid was fired in 1992 do to him causing trouble in his match at Wrestlemania 8. That rumor is untrue though. For a long time it was said that he was fired because he kicked out of Hulk Hogan's pinfall at Wrestlemania 8 with then having to have Papa Shango run out and cause a DQ finish. But in actuality Papa Shango was originally suppose to make a run-in but didn't make it to the ring in time to break the pin. The real reason Sid was fired from the WWF in 1992 was because he wanted to play softball on a regular basis and started to no-show WWF shows. The WWF's story at the time though was that Sid failed a drug test but that is also believed to be a lie.

In 1997, Sid injured his back pretty badly and needed a lot of time off to heal. The WWF couldn't use Sid so decided to fire him to save some much needed money. The plan was to bring Sid back after he was fully healed but that never did happen.

Who were the Skyscrapers?
The Skyscrapers were a team in WCW around the late 80's. The original team consisted of Sid Vicious and Dan Spivey. Sid was injured a while after the team started and Mark Callous (who is the Undertaker now) took his place. Sid and Callous were never actually a team though as some people have said.

What happened to Sid's leg in WCW?
At the WCW January PPV Sin Sid was fighting Scott Steiner for the WCW title in the main event. Sid was told by WCW officials that they wanted him to expand his ring style before the match and to try some arial moves. Even though Sid said he couldn't the officials convinced him to and during the match Sid went up to the ropes and flew down on Steiner. The result was Sid landing weirdly on his leg and almost breaking it in two. Sid suffered a double compound fracture to his left leg and had to have a metal rod into the leg which wouldn't be fully healed for a least 6 to 8 months.

A couple of months after the event Sid filed a lawsuit against WCW claiming that they made him do the move off the top rope even though he told them he couldn't.

Is Sid returning to the WWE anytime soon?
Sid has made appearances on the indy circuit recently. Rumors in 2008 have indicated that WWE had interest in bringing him back. But as of now, nothing has happened.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2009, 03:54:26 PM »
The ass hole stabbed Arn Anderson

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2009, 04:09:25 PM »
AND HE ALSO left the bar and returned later on with a squeegee (window cleaning tool) as a weapon.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2009, 04:31:57 PM »
AND HE ALSO left the bar and returned later on with a squeegee (window cleaning tool) as a weapon.

LMAO  .  What a pussy. Your 6'9 and you need a weapon.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 06:18:50 PM »
LMAO  .  What a pussy. Your 6'9 and you need a weapon.

What does that make him a pussy?  Being tall is not an indicator of power or fighting prowess.  You should know better than to draw a conclusion like that.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 10:21:19 PM »
What does that make him a pussy?  Being tall is not an indicator of power or fighting prowess.  You should know better than to draw a conclusion like that.

If I was 6'9 I would not go grab a weapon less they had one 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 05:01:34 AM »
Yes I have a few. Now you have to remember when my old man was wrestling the business was protected very well.  Back then heels did not travle with babyfaces and vice versa.  But even when my old man retired he would still protect the business.  If someone asked  him   "Is wrestling real ?"  he would say  "Do you want me to show you how real it is ?"  or some shit like that.  I have a real good story that I will post but I want to make sure my facts are right first. I'm going over to the old mans house in a few and I will ask him about it.

I'm looking forward to the stories.  I watched the roundtable deal on youtube about the Wrestler movie and Valentine mentioned that wrestlers can't get health insurance.....they all laughed about, "well if it's fake, why can't we get insurance?"

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2009, 08:50:05 AM »
If I was 6'9 I would not go grab a weapon less they had one 

You seem hung up on him being 6'9".  Why?  I repeat: being tall is not an indicator of power or fighting prowess.  You should know better than to draw a conclusion like that.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2009, 09:14:44 AM »
You seem hung up on him being 6'9".  Why?  I repeat: being tall is not an indicator of power or fighting prowess.  You should know better than to draw a conclusion like that.

I did not draw any conclusion.  I would never want to be that tall. I know being tall does not indicate power. I'm am kinda short and fell like I can take care of my self very easily.  I never said that being tall indicated power.