Author Topic: A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003  (Read 3058 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2009, 09:22:10 AM »
Does this make Mark McGwire's entry into the Hall of Fame any more feasible?
McGwire isn't HOF material REGARDLESS of the steroids stuff, he was a one trick pony, home runs is all he ever did.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2009, 09:25:18 AM »
McGwire isn't HOF material REGARDLESS of the steroids stuff, he was a one trick pony, home runs is all he ever did.

Yeah I never was much of a baseball fan, but I got friends that are like wizards with all the statistical stuff and fantasy league information, they try to explain it to me and it's like their speaking another language.

I just know he hit a bunch of home runs, other than that my knowledge of him is nil.

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2009, 09:25:40 AM »
This shit is so stupid. Everyone in baseball used steriods back then (and probably now). There wasn't even a rule against it. I could give a shit if they use roids. Baseball is so fucking boring without them (and barely better with them). I say let all athletes juice, it will only increase my enjoyment of the game.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »
What does Rory have to do with Matt besides competing against one another? BTW, I've never heard that about Matt. Post your source or it's your typical lie and false rumor.
Rory said it on NBR. He said Matt Mendenhall had left the state because he was a pedophile. You can check the episode prior to New Years where it is highlighted or find the episode they did with Rory. Speak on this Coach. You claim to know Rory. Certainly this juicy piece of gossip was brought up atleast once.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2009, 09:30:28 AM »
Yeah I never was much of a baseball fan, but I got friends that are like wizards with all the statistical stuff and fantasy league information, they try to explain it to me and it's like their speaking another language.

I just know he hit a bunch of home runs, other than that my knowledge of him is nil.
his career stats were pretty good but i just don't see him as a HOF player, who knows, he has 583 home runs, 1414 RBI's, a career .263 batting average and 1626 hits.

The Coach

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »
Rory said it on NBR. He said Matt Mendenhall had left the state because he was a pedophile. You can check the episode prior to New Years where it is highlighted or find the episode they did with Rory. Speak on this Coach. You claim to know Rory. Certainly this juicy piece of gossip was brought up atleast once.

I don't listen to bodybuilding radio so I didn't hear the interview, but the next time I see him I will ask.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2009, 09:34:00 AM »
I don't listen to bodybuilding radio so I didn't hear the interview, but the next time I see him I will ask.
Please return with the details and pm me the link.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2009, 09:34:06 AM »
Now I know what A-rod was doing at the Mr. O when I saw him and his wife there in 03. :)

The Coach

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:14 AM »
Does this make Mark McGwire's entry into the Hall of Fame any more feasible?

Well, unless he too tested positive or admitted to steroid use his induction should be a non-issue. The sports writers IMO are wrong to deny his induction based on hear-say.

Like it not, since the majority of these guys are on something, it's an even playing field.

thelamefalsehood

• Getbig IV
  • I love lamp
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »
The article said he tested positive for test and Primobolan. His stats were actually worse in 2003 than in 2002, the year he tested positive(2003). Nobody would give a shit about this if the little dweeb sports writers who have never played sports a day in their life wouldn't make such a big deal about it.

The Coach

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »
Please return with the details and pm me the link.

What link? He lives 3 mins from me.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2009, 09:41:38 AM »

Do you know what Japanese people call Rory Leidelmeyer?
As empty as paradise

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »
Im saying start a thread and link me to it or PM me the details of that conversation. I want to know how he know the exact details of what happened. I just don't see Matt being a pedophile.

The Coach

« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2009, 09:43:14 AM »
Do you know what Japanese people call Rory Leidelmeyer?

I'm afraid to ask.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2009, 09:44:18 AM »
I'm afraid to ask.

Loly Leidelmeyel.

Tell him that next time you meet him. 8)
As empty as paradise

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2009, 09:44:34 AM »
The sports writers IMO are wrong to deny his induction based on hear-say.

Very true.

My biggest problem is that only the good players are getting smeared.  The Randy Velarde's and Benito Santiago's of the league get away clean.

I'm mixed on the Mcguire thing, and I'd have to look at his numbers with a little more scrutiny before I decide what I think of his potential HoF induction.  But, stats aside, he and Sosa made 1998 MAGIC for this country, baseball wise.  They brought the  game back from the strike year.  I think there's some weight that should be added for that.
Y

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2009, 09:47:08 AM »
Very true.

My biggest problem is that only the good players are getting smeared.  The Randy Velarde's and Benito Santiago's of the league get away clean.

I'm mixed on the Mcguire thing, and I'd have to look at his numbers with a little more scrutiny before I decide what I think of his potential HoF induction.  But, stats aside, he and Sosa made 1998 MAGIC for this country, baseball wise.  They brought the  game back from the strike year.  I think there's some weight that should be added for that.
i don't think a .263 career batting average, 1600 hits or 1400 RBI's are good enough numbers to be in the HOF honestly.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2009, 09:49:13 AM »
i don't think a .263 career batting average, 1600 hits or 1400 RBI's are good enough numbers to be in the HOF honestly.

I think the only chance he has is because he has a WS ring.  Somthing A-Rod, with all his talent, does not.  Not that I agree with that.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2009, 09:53:03 AM »
the man is a mere 33 years old and already has 553 home runs, 1606 RBI's, a .306 lifetime batting average and is a 3-time MVP.
...and chokes in the clutch EVERY time, hence ZERO rings.  ::)

Can you say, A-FRAUD?
!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »

Can you say, A-FRAUD?
yes and i suppose the other 8 guys on the field with him are not to blame at all. ::)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2009, 09:56:48 AM »

Can you say, A-FRAUD?

I see your politcial idiocy translates to baseball as well.
Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2009, 10:01:50 AM »

I hear you on those stats, but check out some of his other numbers, particlarly OPS+.   Without getting technical, they are numbers that adust for league and the parks the players played in. (i.e. - it tries to balance out those who got to play in Coors field, or play in the NL West instead of the AL East....etc.)  If you consider a league average player to have an OPS+ of 100, look how much more productive McGuire was than the league average:   

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/mcgwima01.shtml

Still, though, you may be right.  I'm on the fence about him right now.
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2009, 10:05:14 AM »
I hear you on those stats, but check out some of his other numbers, particlarly OPS+.   Without getting technical, they are numbers that adust for league and the parks the players played in. (i.e. - it tries to balance out those who got to play in Coors field, or play in the NL West instead of the AL East....etc.)  If you consider a league average player to have an OPS+ of 100, look how much more productive McGuire was than the league average:   

http://www.baseball-reference.com/m/mcgwima01.shtml

Still, though, you may be right.  I'm on the fence about him right now.

See Quaker, these are the guys I was telling you about, I am sure he knows his shit but that above quote was like reading the Egyptian hieroglyphics.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2009, 10:06:40 AM »
yes and i suppose the other 8 guys on the field with him are not to blame at all. ::)
What do the eight other players have to do with him striking out in big spots, fat man? Do they need to hold the bat for him too?  ::)
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:34 AM »
I see your politcial idiocy translates to baseball as well.
haha
Another defeated McCain supporter who cries himself to sleep every night.  ;D
Kill yourself.
!