Author Topic: UFC: Ultimate Fight Night 17 - Jeremy Stephens vs. Joe Lauzon - results SPOILER  (Read 643 times)

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
As always we here at BloodyElbow have your back with the best Live Results and Commentary around for tonight's UFC: Ultimate Fight Night 17 card.  Starting with the broadcast starting on Spike TV I'll be here to provide live round by round action and insight.

As with every other live thread I do ask that you adhere to the golden rule:  NO UNDERCARD SPOILERS!  That means no insight into any action that happened earlier and absolutely no results.  Unless the broadcast ends or an undercard fight is shown on TV it is off limits.  I am also adding a special one thread only rule:  NO GREASING TALK!  I'm not going to have this card get overshaddowed by the greasing thing and I'm not going to lose control of the comments to yet another Vaseline debate.

So make BloodyElbow your home tonight and share your thoughts on the show in the comments.

And on a side note...huge props to Baudelaire for the live thread image tonight.  Awesome work my friend.

The broadcast is about to start...it's time for some fights ya'll!

Anthony Johnson vs. Luigi Fioravanti - Up first we're gonna have a hell of an explosive scrap.  Round 1 - Johnson is immediately pushing forward.  Right hook glances for Luigi.  High kick misses for Johnson.  Luigi with a leg kick now.  It's a bit of a slow fight and you can hear some scattered boos from the crowd.  High kick is blocked by Fioravanti now.  Two punches land in succession for Luigi now. Johnson is landing some crushing low kicks now...it's always something new in his game every time out.  Every time Fioravanti engages he eats a kick right to the lead leg.  Luigi shoots and Johnson stuffs it well.  Knee to the body from Luigi lands directly to the cup, hard.  They restart and touch gloves.  Left hand lands to Johnson's face but he lands one in return.  Right hand hurts Luigi badly and he drops for a second.  Johnson follows up and drops him again.  This time AJ pounces and pounds him out, forcing a stop in the action.  Anthony Johnson wins by TKO (strikes), Round 1.

Mac Danzig vs. Josh Neer - Truly an interesting fight here and one that could go either way.  Round 1 - High kick lands for Danzig but he eats a shot that drops him.  Neer pounces and lands some hard shots but Danzig fires a solid uppercut.  Now Danzig has recovered and is landing a couple punches of his own.  Neer is showboating a bit more than is appropriate considering he just failed to finish a guy he hurt.  Wow, Danzig lands some big shots and is moving well and Neer is hurt now and is swelling up around the eyes.  Neer throwing elbows but Danzig slips.  Three punch combination from Danzig now.Right hand lands for Mac now and Neer is cut.  Body/head combo from Mac now and he looks to have settled down since the start of the fight.  Neer is landing a little himself now.  Big overhand right for Mac puts Neer on his back and Danzig jumps into his guard.  Neer is looking for a triangle now and gets up.  Neer combination but Danzig covers up and gets out.  Neer showboating again (psst...you're losing the round bro). Very good first round comes to a close and my card has it 10-9 Danzig.  Round 2 -  Jab lands for Danzig.  Mac shoots and ends up pulling guard.  Neer is throwing huge elbows now.  Neer passes to side after landing a LOT of elbows. Neer takes Mac's back but slips off and now it's Danzig on top.  Triangle is locked in by Neer and Danzig is forced to tap out.  Josh Neer wins by submission (triangle choke), round 2.

Cain Velasquez vs. Denis Stojnic - I'm a little iffy here.  I always worry when people get so high on a prospect that he is bound to crash and burn.  I still say he crushes Stojnic here though.  Round 1 - Jab by Denis lands and then a low kick from Cain. Stojnic is going to make this fight count as he is throwing bombs.  Twice now Cain has had double underhooks and while he threw some knees to the legs he didn't get the fight to the ground. Left lands for Cain.  Another takedown attempt is stuffed.  Thai clinch and some big knees land for Velasquez and Denis gets away.  Flurry of punches hurts Stojnic but he is hanging in there.  Big body shots from the clinch by Cain now.  Stojnic throws a big overhand right that misses.  Cain is dominating this fight big time here.  Right hand staggers Denis.  Cain is pouring on the punishment and Stojnic throws a hail mary right that misses.  Velasquez is grabbing a thai clinch and throwing leg kicks from it and Denis has no answer but "throw big right hand"  That's a 10-8 round for Velasquez.  Round 2 - Cain with more leg kicks and a nice roundhouse to the body now.  Spinning backfist by Denis now misses.  Takedown by Velasquez and he is in side control now.  This is just unnecessary punishment now.  Cain is young but Stojnic has no business in there with him.  Not much to call here but a lot of punches to the face of Stojnic as they're on the ground.  The fight is stopped and there is no reason for it to go on.  The crowd boos but there was no reason to continue the fight.  How many more unanswered punches did everyone want to see?  enough to put the guy in the hospital? Cain Velasquez wins by TKO (strikes), round 2.

Matt Veach vs. Matt Grice - Undercard action! Round 1  - Veach with a nice leg kick and he is firing punches here.  Grice gets taken down.  Grice is able to get back to his feet here.  Veach is firing punches again and falls into an anaconda choke but gets out.  That seems to have made Veach realize he needs to chill a little.  Big right lands for Veach. Grice with a huge uppercut and Veach is down. Grice is crushing him on the ground now. Veach tries to stand and Grice takes him back down.  Full mount now for Grice but he gets sucked back into half.  Guillotine attempt and now Veach is on top.  Back to standing and Veach looks a bit tired.  Left hook from Grice now.  Uppercut, left hook both land for Grice.  Oh wow!  They're exchangeing and Veach lands a big shot that drops Grice.  The ref stops it quickly and I think it's a terrible stoppage.  If that was a stoppage than Grice should have won two minutes ago.  Matt Veach wins by TKO, round 1.

Jeremy Stephens vs. Joe Lauzon - It's main event time!  Round 1 - Stephens with tthe big left misses.  Lauzon pulls guard and Stephens gras the shorts to prevent a submission attempt.  Joe was looking for a sweep but coulnd't get it and they're standing against the fence.  Lauzon drops for a leglock and doesn't get it but gets a takedown into side control.  Now into the full guard.  Stephens tries to crawl up using the fence but Joe pulls him back down.  Big elbows from Lauzon and he now is in half guard.  Now full mount and Joe grabs an armbar but Stephens gets out.  Stephens is firing down now and this is a good round so far.  Slam by Jeremy and Joe tries for a guillotine but Stephens is out as the round expires.  Very close round but I'd go 10-9 Lauzon (no complaint if it were scored the other way.  Round 2 - Low kick from Stephens and now he fires a flurry of big shots.  Left lands for Joe and he gets a fireman's carry to put Stephens on his back.  Lauzon passes to side now.  The crowd is upset with the ground work here.  North South now and then over to the other side.  Elbows now from Joe and he gets full mount.  Big elbows now and Stephens gives up his back.  Hooks sunk in for Lauzon but Stephens turns on top and is in Lauzon's guard.  Stephens puts him into the cageand is landing some elbows.  Lauzon has a cut on his forehead. Lauzon is cut on his forehead.  Lauzon reverses and is back on top in side control.  Mount again and back to side control. Full mount again and an armbar from Joe and Stephens has to tap.  Joe Lauzon wins by submission (armbar), round 2.