Author Topic: What's on the card for Wrestlemania?  (Read 8004 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: What's on the card for Wrestlemania?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 08:54:49 AM »
Everything i've read has said that Austin is 50/50 on having a match. Physically, he could hold up for one more and has said Jericho is one of the few guys he trusts to have a farewell match with.

I read that too.  I'd prefer Austin myself, Hogan's last few appearances have been garbage.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »
That one certainly sounds thrilling. Shawn Michaels is Mr. Wrestlemania and the man to watch. Who's Undertaker gonna beat this year?

I bet Bigshow

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »
I hope they don't let JBL have a match against Taker.  He's like Edge in that he's a good character, but they both need to invest in a gym membership.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 03:51:06 PM »
HHH is gonna loose to Orton at Mania.

Agreed.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »
Thank goodness. Looks like HBK is gonna fight that Ludvig Borga wanna be at Mania instead of the Undertaker. Who's the Undertaker gonna go against then? Jericho can try, try, try again. He's not going to Hollywood. Day time soap opera at best if he's lucky. He's a brat ass wipe on his his last hurrah. Who do you think Undertaker is facing at 25?

Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels.  Michaels will beat Vladimir Kozlov next week to face Taker.  No way is Kozlov gonna get to go against the undefeated streak, he needs to work on his wrestling skills first.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2009, 04:16:05 PM »
I pray to the wrestling Gods that Shawn doesn't face The Undertaker at 25. Undertaker vs HBK is a historic fued. It will be huge. McMahon has been sitting on this egg for a rainy day thats long coming. An investment. Undertaker will beat HBK in Hell in the cell II. Then Shawn will beat Undertaker at Mania 26, 27, 28, or whenever. This is the match. A one year fued. Old school. It's gonna begin next royal rumble I believe.

If they're gonna make it a year long feud, then they'll have to start it now for next year, I don't think Michaels will be wrestling for much longer.  They don't tend to do a decent lengthy build up to matches any more, that's why I think it'll be this year.  Maybe start it now, go through Wrestlemania, finish at Summerslam?

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2009, 09:36:20 PM »
If they're gonna make it a year long feud, then they'll have to start it now for next year, I don't think Michaels will be wrestling for much longer.  They don't tend to do a decent lengthy build up to matches any more, that's why I think it'll be this year.  Maybe start it now, go through Wrestlemania, finish at Summerslam?
[/quote
Past two Rumbles HBK/Taker. They made it look personal. The fued will start next Rumble. They'll have hell in the cell II. Taker will win it. Then Shawn will beat him at Mania 26. Shawn Michaels will never retire. Boy Toy, Show stopper, Mr. Wrestlemania, the Icon, The Main Event, The Heart Break Kid. Shawn will go until he's 70 or death?! He is wrestling. Where would HHH be without Michaels? Where would the Federation, I mean the WWE, be without Michaels? Top five best ever. The fued is just way to great to waste it on a one month build up for Mania. It needs a year build up. McMahons two Icons. Huge, huge fued if done right.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 09:55:34 AM »
I agree it should be done properly, I just can't see Shawn wrestling any more than a couple of years more, his body is in pieces, you can see it on his face at times.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 11:20:33 AM »
Vince McMahon Leaving Creative Team In Dark With WrestleMania
By Brad Ingles
Feb 25, 2009 - 1:26:16 PM

Vince McMahon's lack of faith in his writers is keeping the creative team in the dark with the WrestleMania 25 card to prevent internet leaks. The writers know as much as fans do and are going off the direction from current storylines.

No plans have been set for the WWE Draft, as WrestleMania is the company’s main priority, and there have been no serious conversations on draft moves.

Credit: ProWrestling.net

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2009, 01:49:15 PM »
Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels.  Michaels will beat Vladimir Kozlov next week to face Taker.  No way is Kozlov gonna get to go against the undefeated streak, he needs to work on his wrestling skills first.

Looks like this is gonna happen, although I'm actually quite disappointed now that we're only gonna get a 4 week build up for it.  I'm hoping that they'll keep it going through to SummerSlam, get some mileage out of it.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »
Wrestlemania 25 isn't looking to be too exciting.

I think Shawn & Takers match will be good.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »
The WWE never builds up any rivalries longer than a couple of months anymore. Back in the 80's and 90's there were historic feuds that lasted almost a year (or longer)that were great.

Come Wrestlemania time, Mcmahon and his staff of writers just throw feuds togther with no buildup or anticipation.

I think wrestling these days is just out of fresh, entertaining new ideas. How many times can Mcmahon keep putting these cards together on the shoulders of his aging veterans?? Fucking Undertaker and Michaels have been wrestling since I was 12. I'm 35 now!

WWE is horrible now and nearly unwatchable.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 11:07:12 AM »
I have been watching the Undertaker since his debut at Survivor Series. If you have been watching since you were 12? Then we should agree that the Undertaker has never looked so good. This guy is on top of his game. He is such a well rounded wrestler. A Big Man that flies. That along with his two finishers and that submission move. And the greatest ring entrance ever. If he's not the #1 guy in Professional Wrestling right now. Who is? This isn't my heart defending these guys at all. Undertaker is in a league that no one will ever achieve again. And never ever count out the Heart Break Kid. I'm sure both these boys are in agreement to make history with their match at Wrestlemania. The only thing thats gonna mess it up is that Russian Dude interferring some how?

But they are both in their 40's with the Undertaker getting closer to 50. How much longer can these guys keep going. Who are the future megastars that the WWE is trying to push? I don't see it. If there was, they would be main eventing by now.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2009, 11:18:53 AM »
But they are both in their 40's with the Undertaker getting closer to 50. How much longer can these guys keep going. Who are the future megastars that the WWE is trying to push? I don't see it. If there was, they would be main eventing by now.

There's just a complete lack of diverse, extreme characters in the WWE.  All of the younger guys are just various versions of the same basic model.  People with bizarre characters don't get a push anymore.  Boogeyman is a good example.  Or that Kizarny guy, although he only had one match on TV I think.

There are some of the present guys who they could do something with quite easily.  They could make Jeff Hardy a bit darker, (not like Sting!) but make him come across a bit more psychotic, repressed maniac style.  They could even do something where the Undertaker 'possesses' one of the younger guys and turns them to the 'dark side'!!! 

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »
I feel the same way. I'd always be sitting in front of the tv ten minutes before any WWE show began. But now I never get any of the PPV's except the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. I never watch ECW. And if I miss Raw or Smackdown it doesn't matter. It's the same old thing every single time. After that TLC match between Cena and Edge in Canada when Cena won. Thats it. Days done. Fueds over. We don't need to see them fued ever again. It's the same guys wrestling each other over and over. The Heavyweight title should only be on the line at the PPV's. The thing that I dislike the most is the amount of lousy in ring dialog. They always say the same thing, "Tonight, in this very ring......" They need to put more entertaining theatrics back into it. Lets start with managers. Undertaker is getting old but I truly believe he's never looked better. Taker/HBK are gonna steal the show. We're gonna see HBK's WrestleMania moon assault and hopefully Takers suicide dive over the top rope. 

Who's gonna win though?  Is Shawn's ego so big that he has to win this match, or is Taker so respected behind the scenes that his streak will continue?

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2009, 07:56:54 PM »
I think Taker will win

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2009, 09:33:14 AM »
I do like Randy Orton though. Got a great look even with all the ridiculous tattos. Excellent in-ring ability and he knows how to get good heat.

He's like today's version of The Rock from the late 90's early 2000's.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 07:30:22 AM »
I think Taker will win

I predict Taker will eventually retire undefeated at Mania - unless he decides otherwise.

There probably will never be a need to "pass the torch" like Andre did for Hogan because stuff like that doesn't seem to matter anymore.

And there's little point in having HBK beat him because Shawn doesn't need a push, and is likely nearing the end of his ring career anyway.

Vince won't end a streak like Taker's without a good, solid reason.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 01:50:21 PM »
Thanks.
That’s just how I perceive Vince.

Now, if it was the old Atlanta team doing the booking…

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »
Look forward to the Diva battle royal. Made me crack up when the divas gave that italian dude a beat down the other night. The Russian guy is no doubt gonna play part in the Taker/HBK match. I hope Undertaker does the suicide dive over the top rope on to him.

I hope Kozlov stays the fuck out of it.  I hate it when a good match gets ruined by outside interference.  Problem is, I could see that happening, just so that neither competitor wins cleanly.