Author Topic: Was anyone clean during the "steroid era"?  (Read 670 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Was anyone clean during the "steroid era"?
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »
I was reading how Griffey Jr. is the only clean guy and I call complete BS.  When this steroid era peaked with guys like Sosa and Big Mac, Griffey also had his best years ever.  It's no coincidence.  The guys that got caught are the ones that are paying the penalties.

Look at the one schmoe Brady Anderson of the Orioles.  he came out of nowhere, hit 50 HRs two years then dissapeared.  Or Jeff Bagwell the guy was a good baseball player but steroids made him better.

Don't forget all of these pitchers.  Guys like Schmoltz that threw canons for years then went to the bullpen and dominated for a couple more years all during the time when half the league was jacked.

Pedro Martinez is another.  His peak was during that same era, Larry walker is another and don't forget about Todd Helton of the Rockies etc...

You can see how a lot of these pitchers and hitters all peaked at the same time.

Baseball is a joke but do you know who's king?  The NFL.

Somehow the NFL has stayed out of the steroids spotlight yet has guys who weigh 350 that are 6'8" and can run like sprinters.  What a joke.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
Re: Was anyone clean during the "steroid era"?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:22:43 AM »
Does anyone really care though?  I mean if steroids make games more exciting and gets people to watch then why should anyone give a rats ass?  Baseball used to be America's pastime and it's no longer even close to that.  I say bring back the juice and just let it be known.  I wanna see someone hit 100+ homeruns in a season.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 11:27:48 AM »
AAHAHAHAHAHA!!! baseball

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 11:28:28 AM »
I was reading how Griffey Jr. is the only clean guy and I call complete BS.  When this steroid era peaked with guys like Sosa and Big Mac, Griffey also had his best years ever.  It's no coincidence.  The guys that got caught are the ones that are paying the penalties.

Look at the one schmoe Brady Anderson of the Orioles.  he came out of nowhere, hit 50 HRs two years then dissapeared.  Or Jeff Bagwell the guy was a good baseball player but steroids made him better.

Don't forget all of these pitchers.  Guys like Schmoltz that threw canons for years then went to the bullpen and dominated for a couple more years all during the time when half the league was jacked.

Pedro Martinez is another.  His peak was during that same era, Larry walker is another and don't forget about Todd Helton of the Rockies etc...

You can see how a lot of these pitchers and hitters all peaked at the same time.

Baseball is a joke but do you know who's king?  The NFL.

Somehow the NFL has stayed out of the steroids spotlight yet has guys who weigh 350 that are 6'8" and can run like sprinters.  What a joke.

Name one 6'8", 350 pounder that runs like a sprinter.

The NFL has testing standards that are higher than the Olympics. When the steroid hearings were going on the NFL reps made everyone look like fools. They are on top of it more than anyone else.

Try the NBA.

WASHINGTON - One lawmaker called the NBA's penalties for steroid users "a joke." Another rated the league's steroid-testing policy "the weakest" among the major professional sports Congress has examined. But what really rankled NBA commissioner David Stern yesterday was Representative Stephen Lynch calling the league's testing program "pathetic."

"The situation almost invites steroid use because there is no effective testing going on," Lynch, a South Boston Democrat, said during a hearing by the House Committee on Government Reform on the NBA's steroid policy. "It troubles me greatly."

J

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 11:30:06 AM »
Give anybody the option of

You take this and deal with the "fallout" later, but you have a good chance to be insane rich and can enjoy life to the full
And or...
You don't take this and your carreer is pretty much over

Most people are unable to think longterm