Author Topic: Julio Falcon Addresses President Obama  (Read 5454 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Julio Falcon Addresses President Obama
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2009, 05:59:23 PM »

All BS aside...does he deserve an internship?  I would say there are probably more qualified candidates who got passed over because "he's the guy who talked to Obama on TV...."  So that is the America you want?  No thanks. I prefer rewarding hard work, but the current generation will see this as some type of victory.  Very little thought passed immediate gratification.  The guy is in his second year...how about graduate and then look for a real job?

Bang on. There is no point other than the fact that this guy is an idiot.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2009, 06:20:15 PM »
how about graduate and then look for a real job?

Internships are designed for college kids, so they are ready for a 'real job' when they graduate.  Every summer, baby.

All BS aside...does he deserve an internship?  I would say there are probably more qualified candidates who got passed over because "he's the guy who talked to Obama on TV...."  So that is the America you want?  No thanks. I prefer rewarding hard work, but the current generation will see this as some type of victory.

Um, there are ALWAYS more qualified candidates that are hired for jobs because of one reason or another.  Who you know matters more than what you know.  Everyone knows that.  Besides, the guy "won" an unpaid job as a lackey at the local ABC news desk.  He's now spending his days working at McD, doing his homework and attending classes, and working for FREE at a news station.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2009, 09:55:12 AM »

Um, there are ALWAYS more qualified candidates that are hired for jobs because of one reason or another.  Who you know matters more than what you know.  Everyone knows that.  Besides, the guy "won" an unpaid job as a lackey at the local ABC news desk.  He's now spending his days working at McD, doing his homework and attending classes, and working for FREE at a news station.

Um, you just contradicted your entire previous post.  You made it sound like Obama had done some great deed for this tool, now you make it sound like the internship is nothing too great... You are well on your way to becoming a flaming liberal my friend by mastering the art of double-speak that really says nothing... ;D

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2009, 10:24:11 AM »

Um, you just contradicted your entire previous post.  You made it sound like Obama had done some great deed for this tool, now you make it sound like the internship is nothing too great... You are well on your way to becoming a flaming liberal my friend by mastering the art of double-speak that really says nothing... ;D

Somethings wrong with your comprehension skills.       Follow the overall flow, of what was said...not isolating segmets...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2009, 11:26:15 AM »

Somethings wrong with your comprehension skills.       Follow the overall flow, of what was said...not isolating segmets...

nothing wrong with my comprehension skills.  Rob made it seem that Obama's pep talk, and the exposure it created, somehow improved the doofus' life.  Yet in the post I quoted above, he makes it sound like the internship wasn't anything great, just extra work for the guy.

Not worth arguing over any further as the whole point for 240 is to just stir up crap, he was probably laughing at the goof like everybody else who watched it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2009, 11:30:14 AM »
an internship at ABC news wouldn't mean a lot to me.

However, to this kid, it means the world.

Obama being in ft myers created the set of circumstances that led to part of this chap's dream coming true.

just as when 333386's liberal state, or Coach's liberal state, or when BB's liberal state, come begging Obama for a piece of the bailout pie.

Just a little bit to make life better.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2009, 11:38:59 AM »
My state is a mess $$$$ wise.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 11:45:03 AM »
an internship at ABC news wouldn't mean a lot to me.

However, to this kid, it means the world.

Obama being in ft myers created the set of circumstances that led to part of this chap's dream coming true.

just as when 333386's liberal state, or Coach's liberal state, or when BB's liberal state, come begging Obama for a piece of the bailout pie.

Just a little bit to make life better.

Obama and that other chick reaching out to some pathetic shmucks in token ways makes for good PR but that's all.  Lending someone the use of a house you're not even living in, and giving a guy a token job for a day are an infinitesimally microscopically small drop in the bucket.  But look at the mileage Obama's getting out of it.  Unbelievable.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 11:48:33 AM »
Obama and that other chick reaching out to some pathetic shmucks in token ways makes for good PR but that's all.  Lending someone the use of a house you're not even living in, and giving a guy a token job for a day are an infinitesimally microscopically small drop in the bucket.  But look at the mileage Obama's getting out of it.  Unbelievable.

He reminded me of one of those "faith healers" who steals money from everyone. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 11:49:53 AM »

QFT

not that it's all bad.  I think it's important for the President to try to ensure some consumer confidence.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2009, 11:53:06 AM »
Lending someone the use of a house you're not even living in, and giving a guy a token job for a day are an infinitesimally microscopically small drop in the bucket.  But look at the mileage Obama's getting out of it.  Unbelievable.

You don't think "Let's Roll" BS story, after seeing the plane shredded in mid-air then spread over 8 miles, wasn't feel-good crap as well?

Come on, half of a prez's job is to cheerlead.