Author Topic: To Those Who Are Anti-MLM  (Read 16271 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
Re: To Those Who Are Anti-MLM
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 01:58:08 PM »
jag,

the problem with Multi Level Marketing is that it is NEVER the product that is the issue.

Ie, people are lured into MLM business not because the products are great.

But because the MLM business in question claims to be a great way to make money - that it is easy to recruit more salespersons and thus get bonuses, et al.

And if the product is mentioned, it is because the MLM company will claim that it is so easy to sell the product, that it is an easy way to recruit new salespersons.

You got all these MLM companies also claiming to be "different than other MLM's".

But that just ain't true.

They are all based in mans belief that if you get in early enough - you can get filthy rich.

BTW, you got some fcuking nerve to post spam from your own website.

Tool.
As empty as paradise

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 03:55:04 PM »
Did anything in the book you posted explain how being a customer and salesperson of the same company makes sense?

People join MLM for a variety of reasons.
Each person's reason can be different, and there are a number of them listed in Why even look at MLM?
w

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 04:09:24 PM »
People join MLM for a variety of reasons.
Each person's reason can be different, and there are a number of them listed in Why even look at MLM?

I'm not going to read the whole book, LOL!

The whole salesperson/customer line concerns me too much to be involved in MLM.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2009, 04:35:14 PM »
Can't remember the question exactly but it can be rephrased:

How can the cost of re-selling products within an organization be legitimately compared to actual business costs (product development, brick/mortar, advertising, etc...) and then passed on to consumers?

Someone getting a percentage of every sale under the guise of support or management doesn't fly. :)

I think the original question you posed was how could distributors at higher levels in the company justify marking up products and reselling them to distributors in their downlines or something to that effect. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I understand the issue you have with that. I too have an issue with that. That's not to say it's wrong, just that it would not be my preferred way of doing business. Most modern MLM companies today allow all distributors regardless of their rank within the company to purchase products directly from the company at the exact same price as those who have reached the top of the compensation plan.

There's an old joke that goes like this Q. "Where does a 900 lb gorilla sit?"   A. "Anywhere he wants to."

While being a 900 lb. gorilla may have it's advantages, ...it also has it's downfalls. Have you ever seen a 900 lb gorilla manuever? It's not very easy for it to do is it? Take a 5'0 tall 95 lb figure skater. She can turn on a dime.

It's the same when driving down the road. Have you ever seen a little Honda civic whip around a corner?
Have you seen an 18 wheel tractor trailor try to make that same turn. His turn is pretty wide isn't it?

The companies that I've seen employ the model you find objectionable, have been older companies who imo have grown too large to manuever without risking great harm to themselves. While I personally would not join a company like that, I am grateful to and forever indebted, as is this entire industry, to those companies because they laid the track for all of us to run on. We have the benefit of their experience to draw upon. We saw what they did right, ...and we have the benefit of seeing the mistakes they made along the way. There are many times that things look good at first, but we are unable to foresee what type of behavior that may lead to in the field. Over time, it's not until you have built a massive organization, do you even realize the error, by which time, it is difficult to remedy. ie: If you and I were walking in the same direction headed to a similar destination, ...if you were perhaps walking in a direction that was maybe 2 or 4 degrees off, ...over a period of time, we would both find ourselves in 2 completely different places

MLM has come a long way. With the advent of new technology, quicker, and more efficient means of distribution, ie: FedEx, UPS, Purolator couriers etc., distributors are no longer required to bulk inventory large quantities of merchandise. I am not fond of companies that require a distributor to order in bulk. The ability to order in bulk should still be there, however, a distributor should be able to order only 1 item if they so choose. Fortunately, to my knowledge there are very few who still require a distributor to tie up capital in large inventories. Those that do, are usually much older, and unable to make a switch to a more efficient, fairer, and more modern compensation structure.

That said, ...despite the antiquated nature of such a compensation structure, I'm unable to see how the unfair system you describe, in any way differs from what we see in traditional business. Does the manufacturer not sell the product at a particular price, who then marks it up and sells it to wholesaler, who marks it up and sell it to a retailer, who marks it up before selling it to the end consumer? We haven't even mentioned the additional markup that gets added because of advertising.

<--Click to enlarge.

w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2009, 05:08:42 PM »
jag,

the problem with Multi Level Marketing is that it is NEVER the product that is the issue.

I understand what you're saying, ...and I've seen what you refer to more times that I care to recall.
but I have to ask you, ...is that a problem with the business model, ...or the individuals trying to use the model?

Please consider reading Reply # 3 in this thread entitled How MLM works

But because the MLM business in question claims to be a great way to make money - that it is easy to recruit more salespersons and thus get bonuses, et al.

And if the product is mentioned, it is because the MLM company will claim that it is so easy to sell the product, that it is an easy way to recruit new salespersons.

You got all these MLM companies also claiming to be "different than other MLM's".

They are all based in mans belief that if you get in early enough - you can get filthy rich.

Again allow me to revisit my earlier question to you. Is this not a problem with the people who are trying to use MLM, perhaps a problem with the people whom you yourself might have encountered? Unfortunately, societies have trained the masses to have a lottery mentality, ...but if someone has a lottery mentality, that isn't the fault of the business model they are trying to use to win the lottery.. 

I won't deny that there are people trying to get rich in MLM, and I don't believe there is anything wrong with them trying to do so. Why shouldn't they try to get rich in MLM? What other viable vehicles can they find in this day and age, that would allow them to create the ssame type of wealth that is possible in MLM... real estate industry (that has lost a good 40% of it's value... the stock market (that lost 9 trillion dollars of people's money in the last few yrs)

I often hear people disparage something or someone simply because the individual is trying to create wealth. They say that almost as if being rich is a bad thing. Why is that? What is so wrong with that pursuit. I think those who have a problem getting rich, or who have a problem with those who are rich is someone that needs to rethink their relationship to money. The creation of wealth is not a bad thing. While money won't solve all your problems, it will allow you to work them out in style.  :P

There are plenty of things that one can do to try to acquire wealth, ...however, MLM offers the most amount of opportunity for the most amount of people. In this day & age, and in this current economic climate, MLM as a vehicle is proving to be a viable option for more and more people everyday.

Tool.

Hmmm... Thank You for those kind words. Could you be so kind as to point out for me where the SPAM is located?
I was unable to find a link to a product offering. Thus far throughout this thread, the only thing offered was information, ...information designed to clarify some of the misguided perceptions and common myths about the MLM industry and it's business model. Could you please point out the spam.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2009, 05:45:02 PM »

I'm not going to read the whole book, LOL!

That's not the whole book, ...it is simply Reply #6 within the thread. I believe it contains your answer.

The whole salesperson/customer line concerns me too much to be involved in MLM.

When I have a concern about something, do you know what I do? I check into it.
When I started with my present company, they had no product to send me. Not only did they not have any product, they were also being investigated by the state attorney general over allegations that they were operating an illegal pyramid scheme. This concerned me greatly! Do you know what I did? I checked into it.

Do you know what I discovered? I discovered that the reason they weren't shipping out any product, was because they were in a back order situation. Product sales were so brisk, the product was selling at a swifter rate than the manufacturer could produce it. In addition, I discovered that our CEO immediately invested in new equipment. Our manufacturers machine had the capacity to produce 50,000 units a day. Our new machine had the capacity to produce 50,000 units per hour. The company was pro-actively taking steps to ensure we had the capacity to increase productivity by 24x what it had previously been. I also discovered they had hired extra staff and was running their shipping dept 24/7 in order to meet the back orders and get ahead of the sales.

I believe that only when I have accurate and truthful information about a concern, am I empowered to put that concern to rest, ...after all, ...you never know... what if.... 

As a training exercise on the dangers of false assumption, my friend Earl took some people to a busy intersection.
He started handing out either $50 or $100 bills (I can't remember which denomination) - no strings attached.

Do you know what happened? He had absolutely NO TAKERS!  :o

He was trying to give away money, and people were afraid to take it because they thought it was "too good to be true"

I would never dismiss something that appeared too good to be true. What if it was true? I'd check into it.
w

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2009, 08:14:39 PM »
Reported to Moderator:Spam
I am a big baby

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »
Reported to Moderator:Spam

There's SPAM is this thread??  Where??  :-[   
How does a thread that explains a business model, on a business board, constitute SPAM?
Can you explain that to me, ...because I'm not seeing what you are.
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 10:07:22 AM »
This is not spam, settle.  This is a discussion thread.  If you don't like it, don't post on it.

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2009, 07:02:55 PM »
Jaguar, you crack me up.  For every argument posted, I could post ten against it.  You have to understand, fundamentally, how MLM's work.  They rely on people that are weak minded.  No strong minded person is going to get caught up in all this crap.  The same people that join MLM's are the people that join cults. 

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2009, 07:20:19 PM »
Jaguar, you crack me up.  For every argument posted, I could post ten against it.  You have to understand, fundamentally, how MLM's work.  They rely on people that are weak minded.  No strong minded person is going to get caught up in all this crap.  The same people that join MLM's are the people that join cults. 

post it up.  prove what you say.  in any regard,give credit to jags, she posts and brings evidence to her case.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2009, 07:24:34 PM »

Laugh all you want. Humour is good for human health.

I do understand how MLM works. I've been doing it for 19 years. How long have you been doing it?

As for strong minded, ...in MLM, ...only the strong minded survive, thrive and prosper.
The rest listen to guys like you, quit in 90 days, ...and blame MLM.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: Why even look at MLM?
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 01:28:35 AM »
Another brilliant non-Network Marketer dispenses wisdom about why Network Marketing works so well.

w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 12:32:50 PM »
jag,

Tool.

Great post!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »
To Those Who Are Anti-MLM  (Multi Level Marketing), Dislike MLM, Or Even Hate MLM…

I didn’t post this to fight you or to alter your view of the MLM (Multi Level Marketing) industry.

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: MLM ...Scheme or Dream?
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2009, 07:45:39 AM »
MLM ...Scheme or Dream?

Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is a very highly debated topic. Ask one person and they will say it is all a complete scam. Ask another person and they will say it is the greatest thing in the universe. One person will say, “MLM didn’t work for me” and the next will say, “I made millions in my MLM business!”

Well, here is the truth behind Multi Level Marketing…

MLM in and of itself is not a scam, scheme, or anything of the sort. It is a very legitimate and powerful way to do business. In fact, almost every business has at least some aspects or resemblance of an MLM, whether they admit it or not.

The problem is that people have a tendency to believe that joining an MLM opportunity is some sort of “magic” thing where they will not have to do anything but sit on their butt and still get rich in just a couple weeks. When that does not happen they are quick to tell everyone they possibly can just how much of a scam every MLM in the world is.

The reality is that if they would have just spent as much time actually putting effort in to their MLM business as they did bashing it afterward, they probably would have made a lot of money.

These days most people have a negative view of multi-level marketing simply because they do not understand it or they don’t fully give it a chance. They just listen to someone they know who says, “MLM doesn’t work”.

Guess what?…

No business in the world, MLM or otherwise, “works” or “doesn’t work” ….it is the business owner that has to put in the proper time and energy needed to make it work.

With that being said you do still need to be careful and do your due diligence before joining an MLM business or any other “opportunity” of any kind because there are many people out there who are just looking to make a quick buck off of you by scamming you.

Just remember… if you do have a bad experience… it was not “Multi-Level Marketing” that was the to blame. Instead it was most likely that particular company, or lack of effort, or an individual scam artist, or something else along those lines. You can be sure that MLM in general was not the problem!

So remember… MLM is not a scheme, it is a very pleasant dream! A dream that will come true if you are willing to pursue it with all your desire.
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: MLM ...Scheme or Dream?
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 05:05:50 AM »

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2009, 08:01:46 PM »

Well... lets get something straight.

Some MLM is not bad... but many times, it is a waste of time, for the myriad of people that get sucked into it thinking they will make money.  Unless you are in the very beginning, it just is not going to happen.

I have seen it too many times,  from phone cards, to vitamin that can cure syrup, to telephone long distance, to products.  Way too many times, and most of the time, the people that got into it are out within a year.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2009, 02:56:12 AM »
Well... lets get something straight.

Some MLM is not bad... but many times, it is a waste of time, for the myriad of people that get sucked into it thinking they will make money.  Unless you are in the very beginning, it just is not going to happen.

I have seen it too many times,  from phone cards, to vitamin that can cure syrup, to telephone long distance, to products.  Way too many times, and most of the time, the people that got into it are out within a year.

There is no doubt the biggest earners in any MLM are often those who did get in at the beginning, however Ron, you do not have to get in at the beginning to be successful in MLM. Often times getting in at the beginning can and most often does impair your ability to succeed.  It depends on the individual. As with anything else in life, a great deal does have to do with timing, and for some most folks, joining an MLM at the beginning is definitely NOT the right time to get involved. It depends on the individual, their goals, and their ability to overcome setbacks. I've joined companies that were brand new... and I can assure you the 'heavy lifting' required can be too much for someone who is not a seasoned network marketer. For those who have the intestinal fortitude for it, the rewards are definitely there, ...but so too are the challenges. It is simply because so many of the biggest earners in a company are usually those who have been doing it the longest that we have been given the false impression that you have to get in at the beginning. I've seen some people enter a company and outperform many who have been there for years. As long as people think all there is to success in MLM is getting in at the beginning, we will continue to see disappointed people and hopes of success dashed.

As for it being a waste of time, it's only a waste of time for those who lack an understanding of the word commitment.

People are not "sucked" into it. MLM offers an opportunity to accomplish something, to have more and to be more... for those who want it. The problem is... most really don't want it. They say they do, ...but they're not willing to do what it takes to get it. It's there, ...you just have to go get it, and be willing to do what other people won't, in order to have what other people will not.

There's a wonderful book called "The Millionaire Mind"  by T. Harv Ecker, that puts it into perspective.

Someone can say they want a thousand dollars many times over, ...but do they really?

If they were standing right next to a money tree that grew thousand dollars bills, would they make the effort to reach up and pick a thousand dollar bill off the money tree? Some may.

Some may say, I don't want to reach up, because I didn't shave my underarms, and someone might see.

Some may say, It's simply too much effort to reach higher, ...I'll just wait for the bills to fall off the tree."
If by some fortuitous stroke of luck, or a strong breeze happens along, and the bills do fall off the tree, will they make the effort to bend down to pick them up? ...or will they then say: "I don't want to bend over, ...it might make my derriére look fat, ...I'll just wait for a few of these thousand dollar bills to fall right in my hands." Of course that inevitably leads to the next obstacle in their path.... they have to make the effort to stretch out their hands to catch it.

As long as someone is unwilling to take the steps necessary to accomplish their goal, ...and to do it for as long as it takes to accomplish that goal, ...they never truly wanted it in the first place. They clearly place a higher priority on having their tush look tiny, or on giving the appearance that they are meticulously groomed, ...than on getting those thousands of dollars growing on the money tree. They clearly don't want them... though they may think they do, they're only fooling themselves... not to mention those who listen to them.

Some may make an initial attempt, but find they arms are too short to reach, so what will they do? Some may give up at that point, while others, will stretch themselves further, or if need be, get a ladder to lift them higher so they can access the bills.

It is like anything else in life, ...people quit and drop out of high school, people quit and drop out of university,
...countless thousands of people acquire a real estate license, and never go on to sell  or even list a single property, ...people quit on their marriages, and even on their businesses.  MLM is no different. The reason we sometimes see such a high attrition rate in MLM is because the entry fee or price of admission into the MLM industry is so low. It's easy to walk away from an investment of $300.oo or less, if and when one comes up against any type of resistance, ...however, it's quite another thing to walk away from an investment of $3,000,000.oo or more, which can be typical in a traditional brick n' mortar business.

Many people have unrealistic expectations and expect to make 6 figures overnight... despite the fact that they've spent 5 or 6 yrs in post secondary education, have 20 yrs of work experience, but don't even make 6 figures after all that... but they expect to earn 6 figures in MLM within 90 days? Does that seem realistic to you? That's ridiculous. Although I do know a few who have earned 6 figures within 90 days of joining an MLM, ...it's not typical, and certainly not typical of someone starting out for the first time in a brand new industry. For those with years of experience, who know exactly what to do, ...if they find the right company, with the right mgmt team behind it, the right product with mass market appeal, the right timing, and a simple duplicatable system that anyone can follow, ...they have the ability to hit the ground running. They know what to do, and they know who to contact, and if those people also hit the ground running.... well... So yeah, while it's possible, and I know people who are doing it... it's not typical.

As with any other business, or endeavor, there is a learning curve involved. The more you learn, the better you become. The better you become, the faster and easier success will come to you. The big difference is, that in MLM, you can fail forward. By that I mean, you have all the room to learn, grow, make mistakes etc., and still succeed. The good news is, it is your own business, and no one is going to fire you for a lack of performance. At the same time, the bad news is, it is your own business, and no one is going to fire you for a lack of performance, so truly... only the self-motivated should apply.

If you're the type of person who needs someone standing over you cracking a whip in order to do what you're supposed to be doing, which is typical in the population at large, ...your success will be very limited. In a typical job environment, most people will work only hard enough to keep themselves from getting fired, while most employers will only pay you just enough to keep you from quitting. MLM affords you the opportunity to build your business as big as you want, there is unlimited growth potential, ...and it affords you the lifestyle you want & deserve based on your performance. I can't think of any other legal and legitimate business that affords you actual profit potential within your first month, without any risk, without having to run an adult daycare, and with such an incredible upside, such freedom and such flexibility.

A typical business plan for a McDonalds franchise will have you operating at a loss for 5 yrs, and if fortunate... you might break even in your 6th. People don't throw in the towel and walk away from a 7 figure investment... they are committed. they will bail water as long as it takes, ...they are on that ship... sink or sail, ...and they will go down with the ship if that's what it takes, because to walk away from the business doesn't wipe the bank loan off their debts.... they will still owe the bank all that money. Walking away from $300 tho... that's easy. For most people... they drop more than that dining out in a restaurant in one night.

If you're going to join an MLM company, your commitment should be somewhere between serious & nervous.
by that, I mean, you should commit yourself at a level where you can be serious about what you're doing, ...but not so big a commitment that you cannot sleep at night for fear of a setback or of hearing the occasional no.
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2009, 07:01:24 AM »
There is no doubt the biggest earners in any MLM are often those who did get in at the beginning, however Ron, you do not have to get in at the beginning to be successful in MLM. Often times getting in at the beginning can and most often does impair your ability to succeed.  It depends on the individual. As with anything else in life, a great deal does have to do with timing, and for some most folks, joining an MLM at the beginning is definitely NOT the right time to get involved. It depends on the individual, their goals, and their ability to overcome setbacks. I've joined companies that were brand new... and I can assure you the 'heavy lifting' required can be too much for someone who is not a seasoned network marketer. For those who have the intestinal fortitude for it, the rewards are definitely there, ...but so too are the challenges. It is simply because so many of the biggest earners in a company are usually those who have been doing it the longest that we have been given the false impression that you have to get in at the beginning. I've seen some people enter a company and outperform many who have been there for years. As long as people think all there is to success in MLM is getting in at the beginning, we will continue to see disappointed people and hopes of success dashed.

As for it being a waste of time, it's only a waste of time for those who lack an understanding of the word commitment.

People are not "sucked" into it. MLM offers an opportunity to accomplish something, to have more and to be more... for those who want it. The problem is... most really don't want it. They say they do, ...but they're not willing to do what it takes to get it. It's there, ...you just have to go get it, and be willing to do what other people won't, in order to have what other people will not.

There's a wonderful book called "The Millionaire Mind"  by T. Harv Ecker, that puts it into perspective.

Someone can say they want a thousand dollars many times over, ...but do they really?

If they were standing right next to a money tree that grew thousand dollars bills, would they make the effort to reach up and pick a thousand dollar bill off the money tree? Some may.

Some may say, I don't want to reach up, because I didn't shave my underarms, and someone might see.

Some may say, It's simply too much effort to reach higher, ...I'll just wait for the bills to fall off the tree."
If by some fortuitous stroke of luck, or a strong breeze happens along, and the bills do fall off the tree, will they make the effort to bend down to pick them up? ...or will they then say: "I don't want to bend over, ...it might make my derriére look fat, ...I'll just wait for a few of these thousand dollar bills to fall right in my hands." Of course that inevitably leads to the next obstacle in their path.... they have to make the effort to stretch out their hands to catch it.

As long as someone is unwilling to take the steps necessary to accomplish their goal, ...and to do it for as long as it takes to accomplish that goal, ...they never truly wanted it in the first place. They clearly place a higher priority on having their tush look tiny, or on giving the appearance that they are meticulously groomed, ...than on getting those thousands of dollars growing on the money tree. They clearly don't want them... though they may think they do, they're only fooling themselves... not to mention those who listen to them.

Some may make an initial attempt, but find they arms are too short to reach, so what will they do? Some may give up at that point, while others, will stretch themselves further, or if need be, get a ladder to lift them higher so they can access the bills.

It is like anything else in life, ...people quit and drop out of high school, people quit and drop out of university,
...countless thousands of people acquire a real estate license, and never go on to sell  or even list a single property, ...people quit on their marriages, and even on their businesses.  MLM is no different. The reason we sometimes see such a high attrition rate in MLM is because the entry fee or price of admission into the MLM industry is so low. It's easy to walk away from an investment of $300.oo or less, if and when one comes up against any type of resistance, ...however, it's quite another thing to walk away from an investment of $3,000,000.oo or more, which can be typical in a traditional brick n' mortar business.

Many people have unrealistic expectations and expect to make 6 figures overnight... despite the fact that they've spent 5 or 6 yrs in post secondary education, have 20 yrs of work experience, but don't even make 6 figures after all that... but they expect to earn 6 figures in MLM within 90 days? Does that seem realistic to you? That's ridiculous. Although I do know a few who have earned 6 figures within 90 days of joining an MLM, ...it's not typical, and certainly not typical of someone starting out for the first time in a brand new industry. For those with years of experience, who know exactly what to do, ...if they find the right company, with the right mgmt team behind it, the right product with mass market appeal, the right timing, and a simple duplicatable system that anyone can follow, ...they have the ability to hit the ground running. They know what to do, and they know who to contact, and if those people also hit the ground running.... well... So yeah, while it's possible, and I know people who are doing it... it's not typical.

As with any other business, or endeavor, there is a learning curve involved. The more you learn, the better you become. The better you become, the faster and easier success will come to you. The big difference is, that in MLM, you can fail forward. By that I mean, you have all the room to learn, grow, make mistakes etc., and still succeed. The good news is, it is your own business, and no one is going to fire you for a lack of performance. At the same time, the bad news is, it is your own business, and no one is going to fire you for a lack of performance, so truly... only the self-motivated should apply.

If you're the type of person who needs someone standing over you cracking a whip in order to do what you're supposed to be doing, which is typical in the population at large, ...your success will be very limited. In a typical job environment, most people will work only hard enough to keep themselves from getting fired, while most employers will only pay you just enough to keep you from quitting. MLM affords you the opportunity to build your business as big as you want, there is unlimited growth potential, ...and it affords you the lifestyle you want & deserve based on your performance. I can't think of any other legal and legitimate business that affords you actual profit potential within your first month, without any risk, without having to run an adult daycare, and with such an incredible upside, such freedom and such flexibility.

A typical business plan for a McDonalds franchise will have you operating at a loss for 5 yrs, and if fortunate... you might break even in your 6th. People don't throw in the towel and walk away from a 7 figure investment... they are committed. they will bail water as long as it takes, ...they are on that ship... sink or sail, ...and they will go down with the ship if that's what it takes, because to walk away from the business doesn't wipe the bank loan off their debts.... they will still owe the bank all that money. Walking away from $300 tho... that's easy. For most people... they drop more than that dining out in a restaurant in one night.

If you're going to join an MLM company, your commitment should be somewhere between serious & nervous.
by that, I mean, you should commit yourself at a level where you can be serious about what you're doing, ...but not so big a commitment that you cannot sleep at night for fear of a setback or of hearing the occasional no.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 02:18:01 AM »

And how do my posts constitue SPAM loco. What product is being advertised or offered for sale?  :-\
...or are you simply having another Pavlovian movement?... Judi posts, so I gotta drag out pics of luncheon meat?
w

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2009, 03:28:41 AM »
I attended one of those mlm parties from herbalife about 5+ years ago. My god what a bunch of freaks at that place. All euro-signs in their eyes, clapping and shouting towards yet another mlm-guru on stage bringing the mlm gospel.  :-X

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2009, 02:33:58 AM »
I attended one of those mlm parties from herbalife about 5+ years ago. My god what a bunch of freaks at that place. All euro-signs in their eyes, clapping and shouting towards yet another mlm-guru on stage bringing the mlm gospel.   :-X

I guess I can see your point ...I suppose.  :-\

There was this big bodybuilding party in Vegas in September called The Olympia. It seems they have it annually.
My god what a bunch of freaks at that place. All clapping and shouting towards yet more steroid ridden genetic freaks of nature all greased up and parading around on stage in thongs.  What's up with that? :-X   ;)   :P
w

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2009, 03:10:10 AM »
I need more information before I decide.
G

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2009, 04:14:56 AM »
I need more information before I decide.

What type of information are you seeking? ...and before you decide on what?
w