Author Topic: N.Y. Democrats - "You are lucky we dont take everything over 250k"  (Read 4796 times)

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: N.Y. Democrats - "You are lucky we dont take everything over 250k"
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »
Its important because many in the democratic party want income limits...they have for years.  This is not new though the cut off number seems to be dropping.  We are just hearing more voices these days because the far left is speaking loudest and has the most power now.  Thats also why its dangerous...because they can advance their agenda.
Mark my words...taxes will be raised as soon as we are out of this recession and people making 150K and over are going to get slaughtered if the current democrats have their way.
Way to encourage mediocrity.  $ Drives people to take risks, go into temporary debt, get loans in the promise of success, start businesses, work harder, be innovative, etc. 

I think you are COMPLETELY WRONG!  I think that is just what we've been brainwashed to believe.  You act like people for the last 100 years are the only type of people that have lived across this entire planet?  What about indigenous cultures?  Cultures that as scientific and historical evidence has shown lived meager lives, enjoyed lots of peace and harmony and were some of the happiest people ever to live on the Earth.  We are brainwashed idiots who've been controlled into believing we need money and materialism to be happy and innovative and make a difference.  If money is your only motivation in life I feel sorry for you.  I'll never be rich.  I don't want to be rich.  But that doesn't mean I'm not driven for other reasons.  Many people even nowadays are driven not by money but by a genuine desire to help people and help this planet.  I want a comfortable life and some financial security but I could give two shits about what kind of car I drive, what kind of clothes I wear, how big my house is, or any of that.  Trust me when I was younger I thought all that shit mattered.  IT DOESN'T!  Society is subjective and what you make of it.  Money doesn't nor shouldn't be the driving force behind humanity.   

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2009, 04:33:07 PM »
But in reality, it is.  :-\

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2009, 04:45:04 PM »
This goes to the heart of it...why work harder...go out on a limb....invent, produce. If i were a big Pharma company before Congress I'd tell them to go F themselves....who invents and cures people. Not some asshole living in the projects...its people who are smart enough and can afford to go to places like Johns Hopkins, which get grants from VERY RICH PEOPLE, who keep producing and advancing medical science.

You wouldnt work hard for 250k a year?????  You must be a lazy imbecile.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2009, 04:57:48 PM »
I think you are COMPLETELY WRONG!  I think that is just what we've been brainwashed to believe.  You act like people for the last 100 years are the only type of people that have lived across this entire planet?  What about indigenous cultures?  Cultures that as scientific and historical evidence has shown lived meager lives, enjoyed lots of peace and harmony and were some of the happiest people ever to live on the Earth.  We are brainwashed idiots who've been controlled into believing we need money and materialism to be happy and innovative and make a difference.  If money is your only motivation in life I feel sorry for you.  I'll never be rich.  I don't want to be rich.  But that doesn't mean I'm not driven for other reasons.  Many people even nowadays are driven not by money but by a genuine desire to help people and help this planet.  I want a comfortable life and some financial security but I could give two shits about what kind of car I drive, what kind of clothes I wear, how big my house is, or any of that.  Trust me when I was younger I thought all that shit mattered.  IT DOESN'T!  Society is subjective and what you make of it.  Money doesn't nor shouldn't be the driving force behind humanity.   

Excellant post!    Its said that if you work for moneys sake, then youll never have enough and be miserable in the meantime.    Find what you love to do and youll never work a day in your life.

I find it funny that these guys are saying they'll lose their drive succeed if 250k was a cap..........there will be a million people in line to run them over!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
Yeah,much better to give lazy non producing pieces of crap money.Great.Let those who work pay for those that dont.

You're not giving them $.

You're giving them jobs.  They'll make $, and spend it as fast as they earn it, you know that much.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2009, 08:09:26 PM »

great point

I'm self employed and I've had really good years, decent years and shitty years and the years where I made the most money and thus paid the most taxes were better than years where I made less money and paid less taxes.

marginally higher tax rates would not in any way affect my motivation to work and I know a lot of business owners who would react the same way.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »

im not sure but i think what hh6 was trying to say is why try and make over 250,000 if your going to get 100% taxed on anything above it why work harder for money you wont be able to keep?

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »
im not sure but i think what hh6 was trying to say is why try and make over 250,000 if your going to get 100% taxed on anything above it why work harder for money you wont be able to keep?

Fair enough.  But think of it this way.   If the "brass ring" was set at 250k, revenues ould still be high because now a million dolars would go to 4 people instead of 1.   So the tax base and income tax would be the same.......youd just have more people sharing in the wealth.    And people would fight hard to get there, for sure.
Doesnt it make you sick when a baseball player signs a 100 million dollar deal while some hard working people are losing there homes.   That would create 400 top earners and the player would still get 250k to play baseball.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »

I've made more than 250k and I promise you I didn't spend any time thinking about taxes

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 08:57:38 PM »
I've made more than 250k and I promise you I didn't spend any time thinking about taxes

and...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »

Fair enough.  But think of it this way.   If the "brass ring" was set at 250k, revenues ould still be high because now a million dolars would go to 4 people instead of 1.   So the tax base and income tax would be the same.......youd just have more people sharing in the wealth.    And people would fight hard to get there, for sure.
Doesnt it make you sick when a baseball player signs a 100 million dollar deal while some hard working people are losing there homes.   That would create 400 top earners and the player would still get 250k to play baseball.
Its not an issue(at least to me i havent been following the thread) of keeping income tax base high its an issue of spreading around other ppls hard earned money which belongs to them, i understand higher taxes for ppl who make more but 100% tax  ::)...again if this is true this ppl need to have the shit beat out of them.

I think its ridiculous do i think its unfair to a certain extent ya but in general absolutely NOT

Why should somebody expect to gain financially from someone elses success they had no hand in? thats what makes me sick...you earned your money you keep your money im not going to expect you to hand over your money b/c you make more then i do thats assinin. What makes you feel its acceptable to take away hard earned money from one person and give it to another? thats basically stealing...the market and business determines the amount you get paid baseball has the ability to pay their players millions of dollars b/c the business is a billion dollar business and these players have marketable skills. Another job may not pay as well that doesnt mean its ok to take money from a person who makes more then 250,000 a year does it? NOOOOOOO

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2009, 09:00:45 PM »

if your business was doing good making say 200,000 to 250,000 a year and you had a oppurtunity to make more money but had to take a considerable risk to do so but you knew that anything over 250,000 would be stripped from you and given to others would you take that risk?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: February 17, 2009, 09:13:12 PM »
if your business was doing good making say 200,000 to 250,000 a year and you had a oppurtunity to make more money but had to take a considerable risk to do so but you knew that anything over 250,000 would be stripped from you and given to others would you take that risk?

probably

the more money I'm making the more I'm inclined I am to spend money

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »
probably

the more money I'm making the more I'm inclined I am to spend money
right but see the problem is you will never make more then 250,000 if you are taxed 100% above that so whats the incentive to take that risk? So if you are already making around say 200 to 250k why take a risk that could end up hurting business when any reward over 250k wont be yours anyway, basically any work over 250k would be for somebody else.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2009, 10:01:13 PM »
right but see the problem is you will never make more then 250,000 if you are taxed 100% above that so whats the incentive to take that risk? So if you are already making around say 200 to 250k why take a risk that could end up hurting business when any reward over 250k wont be yours anyway, basically any work over 250k would be for somebody else.

tommy

have you ever made 250k+ ??

the more money I make the less I think about taxes and the more I think about how I can keep making money

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2009, 10:09:02 PM »
tommy

the more money I make the less I think about taxes and the more I think about how I can keep making money

Its tony and No sir i havent im a recent college grad your missing the point your making more money wouldnt mean anything to you b/c it wouldnt be your money, you understand with 100% tax over 250k you personally would never make more then 250k so why take a risk that could pan out badly if your already making about 200k a year if you will never make more then 250k?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2009, 10:43:49 PM »
Its tony and No sir i havent im a recent college grad your missing the point your making more money wouldnt mean anything to you b/c it wouldnt be your money, you understand with 100% tax over 250k you personally would never make more then 250k so why take a risk that could pan out badly if your already making about 200k a year if you will never make more then 250k?

lol

yes tony

what I'm trying to express is that if find yourself lucky enough to collect large amounts of money you will not be thinking about taxes

you will mostly be thinking about how to spend your new found money

wtf is this 100% tax you speak of?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »
lol

yes tony

what I'm trying to express is that if find yourself lucky enough to collect large amounts of money you will not be thinking about taxes

thats what this thread was all about a politician saying ppl are lucky they dont tax 100% over 250k, thats my point if you have a thriving business and have an oppurtunity to make more money but you will be taxed 100% over 250k where is the incentive to take that risk?

My mind would be focused on how to make more of the new found money or how to assure that the new found money keeps coming in.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2009, 10:49:23 PM »
lol

yes tony

Didn't you read the beginning of the thread?

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
Oh no those poor little rich people - the left is picking on them again  :'(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:08 PM »
Didn't you read the beginning of the thread?

are you referring to the first post in this thread with the statement from Malcolm A. Smith (D-St. Albans)?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2009, 11:07:15 PM »
thats what this thread was all about a politician saying ppl are lucky they dont tax 100% over 250k, thats my point if you have a thriving business and have an oppurtunity to make more money but you will be taxed 100% over 250k where is the incentive to take that risk?

My mind would be focused on how to make more of the new found money or how to assure that the new found money keeps coming in.

the more I hang out on this site the more I think wtf?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2009, 11:21:30 PM »

im thinking the same thing where are we getting our wires crossed here straw?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: February 17, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »

lol

He's asking you, What would be your incentive or the point of/to make more money when anything over 250,000 would be 100% taxed, (you would never be making more than 250,000)?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2009, 04:18:33 AM »
tommy

That is not the point.  Who is the govt and these greedy thieves to say what is ok to make or not????