Author Topic: Disneyland and food  (Read 3694 times)

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Disneyland and food
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2009, 09:11:14 AM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2009, 09:11:36 AM »
Disneyland hookers smell funny.
a

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2009, 09:12:15 AM »
You don't even look like you lift weights, dude - why are you acting like you are a pro who is 2 days away from the Mr Olympia and who can't afford to eat 30 calories more or less than the optimal intake?

Because I'm in a competition where bragging rights mean *everything*. 

Some people are content with losing, but some people hate it.  Which group are you in? 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2009, 09:16:47 AM »
Should have flashed your getbig card for discounts and such.

Although I foraged on park food, I did take the cheap route on tickets buy purchasing them at a local grocery store.  A 2-minute drive to Vons saved me almost $200 on admission over what I would've paid at the hotel, which did not have the SoCal resident tickets available.

Actually, the food itself wasn't that overpriced.  $8 for a turkey sandwich or grilled chicken salad seemed pretty reasonable.  Where they get you is on the drinks...$3 for a soda or bottle of water.  The real problem for me were the snacks - caramel corn, candy, etc.   :-X

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2009, 09:19:13 AM »
Although I foraged on park food, I did take the cheap route on tickets buy purchasing them at a local grocery store.  A 2-minute drive to Vons saved me almost $200 on admission over what I would've paid at the hotel, which did not have the SoCal resident tickets available.

Actually, the food itself wasn't that overpriced.  $8 for a turkey sandwich or grilled chicken salad seemed pretty reasonable.  Where they get you is on the drinks...$3 for a soda or bottle of water.  The real problem for me were the snacks - caramel corn, candy, etc.   :-X

You should have just told them to put it on Ron's tab....that's what I do.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »
You should have just told them to put it on Ron's tab....that's what I do.

They did recognize me as a GetBigger when I arrived, but all that got me was a special button and a picture with Mickey.   ;D

Gotta love my 6-year-old, though.  The kid is an absolute beast who rode everything with me.  She has no fear.  Future GetBigger, baby!! 

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
why don't you post a picture of your ripped, shredded physique and give me some inspiration? :D

*Schmoe Alert*

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2009, 09:30:11 AM »

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2009, 10:35:44 AM »

Nice lats and triceps.

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2009, 10:53:54 AM »
Never been to Disneyland but have been to Disneyworld a couple of times.  Epcot has some pretty good food and not bad healthwise either. . . although not great on the wallet.  When I was there I had dinner at a mediterranean place that had some damn good lamb and a hot belly dancer to boot!

Like others said on here, if you are vacationing just enjoy it bro.  Life's too short to never eat hot dogs and drink beer!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2009, 12:50:21 PM »
Never been to Disneyland but have been to Disneyworld a couple of times.  Epcot has some pretty good food and not bad healthwise either. . . although not great on the wallet.  When I was there I had dinner at a mediterranean place that had some damn good lamb and a hot belly dancer to boot!

Like others said on here, if you are vacationing just enjoy it bro.  Life's too short to never eat hot dogs and drink beer!

I know, but that's what got my fat ass into this predicament in the first place! lol 

Hopefully, I'm just holding a bunch of water right now and a few days back on the wagon will get me on track again.  But no matter how you slice it, pulling 14 lbs off a body that doesn't have that much lean muscle to begin with is going to be very difficult to achieve in 12 days.   :-\ 

I'm going for it, though...cut my calories way back today and will double my cardio.   

technokc

• Getbig IV
  • Official member Getbig 300!!
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2009, 12:55:10 PM »
I know, but that's what got my fat ass into this predicament in the first place! lol 

Hopefully, I'm just holding a bunch of water right now and a few days back on the wagon will get me on track again.  But no matter how you slice it, pulling 14 lbs off a body that doesn't have that much lean muscle to begin with is going to be very difficult to achieve in 12 days.   :-\ 

I'm going for it, though...cut my calories way back today and will double my cardio.   

I feel you man, school has been kicking my ass and I up back up to about 230.  I am going on vacation to key west at the end of may and really don't want to walk around fat and bloated either.  Being fat is fine if it is winter and I am home, but that shit sucks when you are on vacation and can really distract from your enjoyment.  Hopefully I can drop back to around 200 by then.

Then I can go hog wild on vacation and gain it all back! ;D