Author Topic: Jindal refuses money  (Read 1752 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: Jindal refuses money
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 09:30:53 PM »
That said, the whole thing (the stimulus) is just flat irresponsible.  No one knows where the money is coming from. 
Did you feel that way with Bush's tax refunds and the reckless spending in Iraq, BB? That crap was a result of printing money and borrowing the rest from China. And that wasn't during the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression, like now.

Now we HAVE to print and borrow money from China to get our economy going. Once we're back on our feet, America can quickly pay back this short-term debt.
!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 09:32:30 PM »
we're printing it.  it's that simple.  If you have a gallon of Kool-Aid and you add 8 cups of what, you suddenly have 1 and 1/2 gallons of Kool-Aid.

The thing is, the Kool-Aid is now a lot weaker.  It doesn't quench your thirst as well (or buy as much).

if the entire planet is fucked whose money would you want to own?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 09:40:07 PM »
if the entire planet is fucked whose money would you want to own?

the entire planet isn't fukced.

we've all been bluffing up our worth by 20 to 50% for a long time.

Now, thanks to the web (everybody knows) and the fact the USA borrowed 5 trillion bucks in the last 7 years, it's coming back to normal actual worth.

I would want to own the same $ I do today.  Once everyone realizes it's true value, prices will come down accordingly if people still want to sell their wares.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 09:40:44 PM »
Did you feel that way with Bush's tax refunds and the reckless spending in Iraq, BB? That crap was a result of printing money and borrowing the rest from China. And that wasn't during the greatest financial crisis since the Great Depression, like now.

Now we HAVE to print and borrow money from China to get our economy going. Once we're back on our feet, America can quickly pay back this short-term debt.

No.  Tax cuts by definition return people's money back to them, so I really don't see a parallel.  This stimulus is just monopoly money coming from God knows where.  How in the world are we going to pay the money back?  How are we going to balance the budget?

We don't have to print and borrow money.  We are in this mess because of mismanagement, miscalculations, and greed.  I would let the vast majority of these companies file bankruptcy.  That's why we have bankruptcy laws.  Let them reorganize or close shop.  

And if you think we're going to quickly pay back debt you're dreaming.  You have way too much faith in the government.      

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 10:14:55 PM »
No.  Tax cuts by definition return people's money back to them, so I really don't see a parallel.  This stimulus is just monopoly money coming from God knows where.  How in the world are we going to pay the money back?  How are we going to balance the budget?

We don't have to print and borrow money.  We are in this mess because of mismanagement, miscalculations, and greed.  I would let the vast majority of these companies file bankruptcy.  That's why we have bankruptcy laws.  Let them reorganize or close shop.  

And if you think we're going to quickly pay back debt you're dreaming.  You have way too much faith in the government.      
I have faith in Barack Obama. Just watch the budget speech the President gives this week and learn. He is infinitely smarter than you and will explain the many things you don't seem to be able to comprehend. Besides, I have a busy 60 hour week this week, along with taking care of my 1&1/2 year old nephew and therefore due not have to educate all of you Obama-Haters that are hoping for our President to fail.

I wish you all good luck, and I'm OUT.
!

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2009, 06:12:02 AM »
I have faith in Barack Obama. Just watch the budget speech the President gives this week and learn. He is infinitely smarter than you and will explain the many things you don't seem to be able to comprehend. Besides, I have a busy 60 hour week this week, along with taking care of my 1&1/2 year old nephew and therefore due not have to educate all of you Obama-Haters that are hoping for our President to fail.

I wonder if the stocks will drop...like every other time he speaks about how he is going to fix the economy.  Bottom line is that he has not inspired confidence in the market.
Squishy face retard

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2009, 10:36:03 AM »

::)

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2009, 11:04:17 AM »
He announced Biden as the stimulus czar and the markets dropped another 100 pts today.  We are down to near 7200 on the dow.  I think more people are becoming very afraid of big government, obviously wallstreet is.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2009, 11:30:58 AM »
Tony, what was the cumulative federal debt Bush left for Obama?
Bush was out of control spending too bro, whats funny is ppl who complained about the debt and spending under bush now supporting a persons actions that will outspend bush.