Author Topic: 2009 Arnold - getting around the expo  (Read 8254 times)

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
2009 Arnold - getting around the expo
« on: February 06, 2009, 07:58:13 PM »
I posted this in the Posative Board but only got 1 response there. Anyone else got any remarks? Thanks again Glen.

I'm heading to the Arnold this year and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advise on getting around the Expo. Who's a Jackass and who's not? (pro's) Hate to get let down by some idiot with a pro card! Any "advises" would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SB

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: The Arnold...
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »
My advice :

1. Wear something light. It get's really, really hot in there. Or maybe that's just because I weight 260 lbs ...  :P

2. Everybody's cool, for the most part. Sunday's the best day, in my opinion, because everyone's closing up shop ... in other words, you can get huge discounts off supps. as well as free supps., t-shirts, etc.

3. In my opinion, the best booths are : The Animal Cage, EAS, VPX, and Muscletech ... I'm sure there's a few I'm leaving out, but whatever. Again, everyone treated me and my lady very well ... the only assholes I've met were Levrone and a natural BB by the name of Jeff Willett ( sp. ? ). Nasser was cool ( in all honestly though ... he seemed really, really out of it ), Shawn Ray was really cool, etc. ( the list goes on ... I've met a LOT of Bodybuilders ... it's hard to be specific  :P ).

I'll be going this year ( hopefully ) and I hope to meet some fellow strongmen ( as I compete in Strongman myself ) ... namely Kaz. Have fun, bro !  :)

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2009 Arnold - gettign around the expo
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 08:45:06 AM »

Ge there early, before it opens. Parking is hard, and don't worry about the line to get in, once the doors open, it goes very fast.

Start on the opposite way in which people go. Most either start from the left or right. Go through the middle first.

Almost every pro is cool, with the exception of a few who seem to think that they are not their for the fans, but the other way around.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Re: 2009 Arnold - getting around the expo
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:10:52 AM »
I posted this in the Posative Board but only got 1 response there. Anyone else got any remarks? Thanks again Glen.

I'm heading to the Arnold this year and was wondering if anyone has any tips or advise on getting around the Expo. Who's a Jackass and who's not? (pro's) Hate to get let down by some idiot with a pro card! Any "advises" would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
SB

please, visit Derek Anthony. he'll be glad to see you. he should be by the MD booth

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »
Dave Palumbo said all the hot bitches were going to be at his booth.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 09:12:51 AM »
Dave Palumbo said all the hairy musclebears were going to be at his booth.
fixed.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 09:14:12 AM »
Dave Palumbo said all the hot bitches were going to be at his booth.

does that include his wife? ;)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 09:17:29 AM »

does that include his wife? ;)

you god damn right, best rack in the business.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 09:22:23 AM »

lol....she probably already Morphed into something else by now :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 10:07:41 AM »
Ge there early, before it opens. Parking is hard, and don't worry about the line to get in, once the doors open, it goes very fast.

Start on the opposite way in which people go. Most either start from the left or right. Go through the middle first.

Almost every pro is cool, with the exception of a few who seem to think that they are not their for the fans, but the other way around.

This is like an intro to a Schmoe'ing 101 course...beautifully done.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 10:08:49 AM »
This is like an intro to a Schmoe'ing 101 course...beautifully done.
LOL  :D
!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 02:26:39 PM »

The Arnold has the most entertaining booths of the year, of course, the Arnold also has the most booths of the year, close to 700 booths available.  From MMA to bodybuilding to WWE to powerlifting, many competitors and fans are here.

Frank Mir at the Nutrabolics booth for MMA, and Vyotech just told me they will have 8 hot models.  BSN and VPX always has great booths, but the best booths are the ones in which you get to meet the various NPC and IFBB competitors, as well as others who have earned the respect in competition.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 02:29:38 PM »
My advice :
1. Wear something light. It get's really, really hot in there. Or maybe that's just because I weight 260 lbs ...  :P

2. Everybody's cool, for the most part. Sunday's the best day, in my opinion, because everyone's closing up shop ... in other words, you can get huge discounts off supps. as well as free supps., t-shirts, etc.

3. In my opinion, the best booths are : The Animal Cage, EAS, VPX, and Muscletech ... I'm sure there's a few I'm leaving out, but whatever. Again, everyone treated me and my lady very well ... the only assholes I've met were Levrone and a natural BB by the name of Jeff Willett ( sp. ? ). Nasser was cool ( in all honestly though ... he seemed really, really out of it ), Shawn Ray was really cool, etc. ( the list goes on ... I've met a LOT of Bodybuilders ... it's hard to be specific  :P ).

I'll be going this year ( hopefully ) and I hope to meet some fellow strongmen ( as I compete in Strongman myself ) ... namely Kaz. Have fun, bro !  :)
Well, Nasser is known to be a huge recreational drug user. I'm sure bobs can confirm this with a quick phone call.  ;D

/sorry bobs. just had to.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »
Well, Nasser is known to be a huge recreational drug user. I'm sure bobs can confirm this with a quick phone call.  ;D

/sorry bobs. just had to.

Yeah, we all know ( because of bigbobs's constant need to remind us ) that " huge " nasser's on speed dial !

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2009, 02:38:20 PM »

Pics or it didn't happen!

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2009, 03:09:50 PM »
haha, Dr. Chimps and Iron Disciple, yes I did "just get off the phone with Nasser," seconds ago.  We didn't talk long because he was on the highway with a friend, and was on his way to the Andre Agassi Super Sport gym.

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
Re: 2009 Arnold - gettign around the expo
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2009, 03:24:21 PM »

Ron i'm following you..I want to see first hand the MASTER in action.LOL!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2009, 03:25:41 PM »
haha, Dr. Chimps and Iron Disciple, yes I did "just get off the phone with Nasser," seconds ago.  We didn't talk long because he was on the highway with a friend, and was on his way to the Andre Agassi Super Sport gym.
He's the Richard Branson of the BB'ing world.  :o     :D

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
Bigbobs, please enlighten us with the minutia of Nasser's farings today, inquiring minds would like to know!

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2009, 04:49:49 PM »
My advice :

The Arnold has the most entertaining booths of the year, of course, the Arnold also has the most booths of the year, close to 700 booths available.  From MMA to bodybuilding to WWE to powerlifting, many competitors and fans are here.

Frank Mir at the Nutrabolics booth for MMA, and Vyotech just told me they will have 8 hot models.  BSN and VPX always has great booths, but the best booths are the ones in which you get to meet the various NPC and IFBB competitors, as well as others who have earned the respect in competition.

Thanks for the advice and info guys! :)

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 05:27:09 PM »
Can any So Cal resident going to the ASC please bring me back a filled meat head bad of supplements and other stuff? regmac2008@yahoo.com   I promise free lunch or dinner at Firehouse or Rose Cafe!!!
((-::