Author Topic: Who here has had severe injury, and got hooked on opiates?  (Read 8330 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: Who here has had severe injury, and got hooked on opiates?
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2009, 06:03:03 PM »
Fell 22 feet on Concrete and Steele.

I hit my head and had a seizure

I tore my right labrum

Broke 22 bones

Herniated my C-3, C-4, L-3 and L-4 Disc in my neck and back

I tore my right right ACL and LCL

I also got Degenerative Disc Disease and arthritis in my upper and lower back

Still walked into the office and called the EMS and then sued their asses
D

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »
I spent 13 years on opiates, vikes, percs, oxys etc. Went to rehab three times, no luck. Finally tried Suboxone. Used it for 4 months, weened off of it slowly. Worked great. Felt kind of shitty for a few days, but nothing major. I haven't had an opiate in 15 months now, except for one night I did some H. Suboxone works, but you need a plan to get off it. Some doctors want you to be on it indefinitely and that's not a good idea imo.

Good for you accept for the H.  I just take it day by day.  Suboxone worked for me as well, I just couldn't stay on it for long it too was addictive.  It gave me a false sense of happiness.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2009, 07:46:54 PM »
I'm guessing Withdrawel from opiates is similar to panic attacks or very very high levels of anxiety for several days.

Something to be avoided at all costs, for sure
Valhalla awaits.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2009, 09:12:39 PM »
Why do you need an injury to get hooked on opiates ???

:D Word to ya mother on that! PARTY!!
a

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2009, 10:39:19 PM »
People who typically feel like crap most of the day are the ones who find opiates or other painkillers so appealing. Drugs seem to make things better for people who suffer from various ailments like depression.

Everything is better, everything is clean and bright and everything is possible. No worries. On Opiates.

Off Opiates, everything is crap. Everything is filthy and dark and depressing and nothing really makes a difference in the end. It's all pointless. You hate everyone and everyone hates you.

sounds like me
R

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2009, 10:57:13 PM »
morphine and benzo's are a wonderful drug when taken correctly ... when taken correctly   :( :( :(

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2009, 02:14:20 AM »
I'm guessing Withdrawel from opiates is similar to panic attacks or very very high levels of anxiety for several days.

Withdrawal from benzos is like that. Withdrawal from opiates is very severe flu like symptoms and depression.
E

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2009, 02:26:49 AM »

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2009, 04:32:22 AM »
listen to danielson------suboxone works great, best treatment out there but DO NOT let your doctor fool you into thinking you have to be on it forever, they're just looking for a paycheck every month.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2009, 09:17:18 AM »
I have been getting alot of PM's thanking me for my posts.So I will continue to poston this subject.

I never had a problem with opiates, alcohol or anything for that matter, but I seen what but I seen what addiction did to friends and family memebers.Adiction is like having a 500 lb monkey on your back.Addicts get up in the morning and the fist they think about is doing or obtaining the drug they are addicted to.They spend most of there time and most of there days in search of there drug of choice.Just watch the show Intervension on TV.You see these poor lost souls, give up there lives and there "person' just get there next high.This is usualy caused by being mentally and spiritually bankrupt, or they are running from something.The drug of choice is just a bandage for the deep pain that lies within.It can range from mental pain, physical pain or from a chemical imbalance in the brain.Alot of addicts sometimes have been abused mentally physically or sexually, and they are using a substance to try to not think about the painful experieces of there past.So addiction is not for the weak it is just a person who is bankrupt spirituly or mentally.I dont agree with addiction and I think its the way out.I am just posting this to reach out to those who wrestle with addiction to let them know there is hope.I never been an addict but I have seen what they go through and man its no picnic
As far as Suboxone -Subutex goes somebody like Chainsaw might have to stay on it the rest of there lives.If someone lives in chronic pain, its either take a crap load of Ibuprophen, get hooked on pain killers or just use 16mg 2-8mg pills of Suboxone-Subutex twice a day.I think Subutex-Suboxone is the best choice because it isnt as addicitive,plus you dont build up a tolerance for it like you do opiates.A person who takes 4 Loritabs lets say for 6 months will probalby need 8 Loritabs per day after being on them for 12 months to get the same effect.If you look at research on opiates a person who uses them builds up a tolerance very quickly.Alot of addicts who have taken up to 20-30 pills a day built up that high of a tolerance only after only 2 years of use.
It sounds crazy, but that the sad reality.I do alot of reading and research, and I was shocked when I read that myself.Imagaine going from just using 4 pills to 20-30 pills in just 2 years????.So before you take opiates just remeber you have been warned
If you are and addict and wrestlewith addiction beleive it or not the best thing to do is pray for strength to over come the adiction.I beleive god answrs all prayers.God bles. and good luck......

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2009, 10:01:34 AM »
World ON drugs:

World OFF drugs:

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2009, 10:26:07 AM »
The true reailty the top picture is a person who suffers from addiction, the second picture is someone who lives a life worth living, or has overcome addiction.Please do not glamorize addiction, there is nothing great about drugs or addiction

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2009, 10:52:57 AM »

Yes, you are very correct.  Physical dependance, and psychological addiction are different things.  You can have a major accident, have to take roxicodone for 3 or 6 months, and then no matter who you are, you will have withdrawls.  Some people can stomach it, and bear with it, but not many, and thats why I started this thread.  I've havd 5 major surgies from head to toe, and had to be on opiates for months at a time, and therefore had huge withdrawl that was intoerable.  Sweats, shakes, diarhea, muscle cramps, sleeplessness for several days at a time.  As bodybuilders, we tend to get injured as well, some do Nubain, and get hooked.  I simply am lookin to give people an alternative to the massive withdrawl with my experience's.

You are right, stay away if you can, a measly 3 days of heavy opiate use can cause physical withdrawl, the longer you are on them, the worse it is.
Most are all show no go!

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2009, 11:15:43 AM »
The true reailty the top picture is a person who suffers from addiction, the second picture is someone who lives a life worth living, or has overcome addiction.Please do not glamorize addiction, there is nothing great about drugs or addiction

That picture above is someone in prison, obviously neglected and mistreated. And even addicts can live at the beach.

I'm not glorifying addiction. I'm just telling what it's like to be on drugs and off drugs. Addiction plays no part in it.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2009, 11:58:21 AM »
I'm really interested in hearing more of peoples stories that got dependant on
the opiates from an injury, not for mere recreational usage.
Most are all show no go!

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2009, 11:59:30 AM »
Through all my surgeries Back, Stomach, foot, Hernia, and shoulder,
all within 5 years 2 vicoden no longer does it.  Its like candy.
So I had to take Oxycontin, or Roxicodone, or Dilaudid at very high dosages.
Coming off is such a fucking bitch, I'm talkin bout Basketball Diaries.
I know Guy Grundy went through it with Nubain, but I have a solution
if anyone is hooked or gets hooked.

Goto a detox dr and get
Clonidine 1mcg control blood pressure
Rubaxin 500mg muscle relaxer
Ativan 1mg Central nervous depressent
and subutex 8mg. Pain killer

You will not have to go through
the painful withdrawls.  You'll be
clean in a month or less.

All of these drugs do something that affects withdrawl seperately
so you don't have to go through the ringer.

Seriously Bro, what the fuck is wrong with you, mentally that is...

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2009, 12:34:14 PM »
Seriously Bro, what the fuck is wrong with you, mentally that is...

Be more specific Bro? 
Most are all show no go!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »

And even addicts can live at the beach.

hahah  :D

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:39 PM »
Russia has the best policy for dealing with addicts, esp. H addicts, they're thrown into 'cold turkey' prison for 3 months, living on bread and water, tied to a bed for 18 hours a day, until all symptoms of withdrawal pass... States are too compassionate.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
Russia has the best policy for dealing with addicts, esp. H addicts, they're thrown into 'cold turkey' prison for 3 months, living on bread and water, tied to a bed for 18 hours a day, until all symptoms of withdrawal pass... States are too compassionate.

THAT should be the only way to deal with these people. In other countries, they get the drugs from the state on tax-payer's money.  :-X

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »

Anyone over there caught on any kind of high is thrown into prison?

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2009, 12:44:00 PM »
Through all my surgeries Back, Stomach, foot, Hernia, and shoulder,
all within 5 years 2 vicoden no longer does it.  Its like candy.
So I had to take Oxycontin, or Roxicodone, or Dilaudid at very high dosages.
Coming off is such a fucking bitch, I'm talkin bout Basketball Diaries.
I know Guy Grundy went through it with Nubain, but I have a solution
if anyone is hooked or gets hooked.

Goto a detox dr and get
Clonidine 1mcg control blood pressure
Rubaxin 500mg muscle relaxer
Ativan 1mg Central nervous depressent
and subutex 8mg. Pain killer

You will not have to go through
the painful withdrawls.  You'll be
clean in a month or less.

All of these drugs do something that affects withdrawl seperately
so you don't have to go through the ringer.

i have been through it more then once. And subutex is the worst advice you could give. Suboxen and subutex are opiate antagonists themselves and extremley powerful at that. 2mg of suboxen would cause me to nod harder then an 80mg oc. Not to mention the withdrawl from them is ten times worse then the opiates themselves. Im talking like months of severe depression, diahrhea, cramps... paws syndrome for 24 months.

You are trading one addiction for another. Sub is being regulated hard now and even illegal and off the market in europe because opiate users started to prefer it over the DOC(drug of choice) Sub is worse then methadone.  you wanna quit and do it right, follow the thomas recipe (amino protocol)    The clonodine is a must if bp and anxiety are aweful,  ativan is a good choice for a benzo, but valium is even better since it is skeletal you wont need a muscle relaxer with it. Its also the least addivtive of the benzos

Immodium AD ( the little green ones only or liquid) will be a life saver for the first two weeks. Taking upto 6mg's a day will cut the wd's in half just by itself. The main drug in it is an opiate that doesnt cross the blood brain barrier so you dont get the high or the aweful side effects you do with opiates. Just use it sparringly and as little as possible to get the job done.  

Exercise will be the most important thing, for me it was a life saver. Even a walk helped me.  I have gotten dozens or hard core addicts off with the method i came up with and myself included. I dont wish opiate detox on my worst enemy.  I got alot of my method from the celeberity florida detox center. They charge upto 25k just for two weeks there. They do not use methadone or suboxen/subutex anymore either. They use IV aminos, ssri's light benzos and therapy.   Tramadol will cut all WD out for you but thats also a very crippling addivtive drug in the wrong hands and seizures come with it. But if you can control your habit and it wasnt a recreational one it can be a life saver and its also the latest pain reliever to replace opiates. Most Dr's go this route first now. Only problem is, its being put into the same class as opiates next year because its actually not non narcotic and has same wd symptoms as vicoden/perc when taken for extended periods in high dose. The other problem with tramadol is that it has an antidepresent in it which makes the coming off even worse.  You can get the thomas recipe some of the big name detox centers methods, and lots of good info and help from the medhelp forums here

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/77

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
I have been getting alot of PM's thanking me for my posts.So I will continue to poston this subject.

I never had a problem with opiates, alcohol or anything for that matter, but I seen what but I seen what addiction did to friends and family memebers.Adiction is like having a 500 lb monkey on your back.Addicts get up in the morning and the fist they think about is doing or obtaining the drug they are addicted to.They spend most of there time and most of there days in search of there drug of choice.Just watch the show Intervension on TV.You see these poor lost souls, give up there lives and there "person' just get there next high.This is usualy caused by being mentally and spiritually bankrupt, or they are running from something.The drug of choice is just a bandage for the deep pain that lies within.It can range from mental pain, physical pain or from a chemical imbalance in the brain.Alot of addicts sometimes have been abused mentally physically or sexually, and they are using a substance to try to not think about the painful experieces of there past.So addiction is not for the weak it is just a person who is bankrupt spirituly or mentally.I dont agree with addiction and I think its the way out.I am just posting this to reach out to those who wrestle with addiction to let them know there is hope.I never been an addict but I have seen what they go through and man its no picnic
As far as Suboxone -Subutex goes somebody like Chainsaw might have to stay on it the rest of there lives.If someone lives in chronic pain, its either take a crap load of Ibuprophen, get hooked on pain killers or just use 16mg 2-8mg pills of Suboxone-Subutex twice a day.I think Subutex-Suboxone is the best choice because it isnt as addicitive,plus you dont build up a tolerance for it like you do opiates.A person who takes 4 Loritabs lets say for 6 months will probalby need 8 Loritabs per day after being on them for 12 months to get the same effect.If you look at research on opiates a person who uses them builds up a tolerance very quickly.Alot of addicts who have taken up to 20-30 pills a day built up that high of a tolerance only after only 2 years of use.
It sounds crazy, but that the sad reality.I do alot of reading and research, and I was shocked when I read that myself.Imagaine going from just using 4 pills to 20-30 pills in just 2 years????.So before you take opiates just remeber you have been warned
If you are and addict and wrestlewith addiction beleive it or not the best thing to do is pray for strength to over come the adiction.I beleive god answrs all prayers.God bles. and good luck......

who ever told your sub wasnt addictive should be shot in the face. It was the worst withdrawl i ever had. You might wanna look up the horror stories on it.

SHUTUPANDTRAIN

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2009, 12:47:29 PM »
Be more specific Bro? 

OK...Were you held too much as a child or not enough???