Author Topic: NFL free agency.  (Read 5033 times)

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
Re: NFL free agency.
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2009, 06:26:30 PM »

Rumor on ESPN radio.Kiwi for Edwards.

Do you even want Braylon?? I love Braylon but he had blocks for hands last year. The year before he had a monster year but Braylon needs a steady QB.
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2009, 06:53:10 PM »
What about it? I can name more prominent franchises like the Cowboys and Denver, who haven't won a playoff game in years. The Ravens made up for lost time in hurry with their outstanding playoff run this season.

What about going 25 seasons without a Superbowl win, Earl? You keep up this "6 time, 6 time, 6 time," mantra like the Steelers are the team of the decade or something. two out of four is awesome but the first four titles took place shortly after you were sucking from your momma's titty.

none of those teams have good front offices

yeah i know the steelers went a long time without a super bowl, in the 80's they held on to chuck noll far too long

in the 90's they won several playoff games

all i'm saying is i don't think you can use the word "great" to describe a front office that went 6 years without a playoff win, that is all :)

E

E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2009, 07:04:27 AM »
Do you even want Braylon?? I love Braylon but he had blocks for hands last year. The year before he had a monster year but Braylon needs a steady QB.

It's just a rumor but I don't think the Giants gm will do anything until after Plaxicos first court appearance in a couple of weeks.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2009, 08:40:21 AM »
none of those teams have good front offices

yeah i know the steelers went a long time without a super bowl, in the 80's they held on to chuck noll far too long

in the 90's they won several playoff games

all i'm saying is i don't think you can use the word "great" to describe a front office that went 6 years without a playoff win, that is all :)

E

Ok--how about "very good" front office. How's that? 6 years is a long time but the Ravens were stuck with Billick on no offense for what seemed like forever.

The Ravens know how to draft, though....

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2009, 08:41:50 AM »
I will say this..if the Steelers win it all next year, they should be given serious consideration for team of the decade over the Patriots....

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2009, 10:42:06 AM »
I will say this..if the Steelers win it all next year, they should be given serious consideration for team of the decade over the Patriots....

probably not, pats still had the 18 - 0 season

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2009, 10:54:16 AM »
probably not, pats still had the 18 - 0 season

E

You mean an 18-1 season, don't you?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2009, 10:55:07 AM »
yeah but they were the first to start out 18 -0

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2009, 01:16:32 PM »

Very true,and they didn't need to cheat ;)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2009, 02:11:02 PM »

Very true,and they didn't need to cheat ;)

Counting down the seconds until Body88 chimes in on that one....... :D

On another note, the Ravens have reached an agreement to re-sign Ray Lewis to a 3 year contract.  The Ravens ned to replace Bart Scott with a good free agent LB. They're talking about drafting Laurenitis from OSU but I would much rather prefer that samoan kid fron USC. They would need to trade up to get him though.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2009, 02:16:24 PM »
yeah but they were the first to start out 18 -0

E

I just don't think it's going to hold as much signifcance because they didn't finish the season as champions. 16-0 is awesome, but like Michael Jordan once said on the eve of winning 72 regular season games.....

"It don't mean a thing without the ring."

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
Ravens also sign C Matt Birk from the Vikings to a four year deal. Excellent, excellent free agent pickup. Birk is a little long in the tooth at 32 years old but he is a bona fide pro bowler! He'll make people forget about Jason Brown's departure in a big hurry!

Adrian Peterson will certainly miss his presence.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2009, 03:17:55 PM »
I just don't think it's going to hold as much signifcance because they didn't finish the season as champions. 16-0 is awesome, but like Michael Jordan once said on the eve of winning 72 regular season games.....

"It don't mean a thing without the ring."

i think they are the only super bowl loser that will be remembered more than the winner

E
E

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »
i think they are the only super bowl loser that will be remembered more than the winner

E

Well...the way I see it, if an undefeated season can happen once, it can certainly happen again. Maybe the next time it happens, that team will get that ring as a cherry on top.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2009, 03:27:38 PM »
Well...the way I see it, if an undefeated season can happen once, it can certainly happen again. Maybe the next time it happens, that team will get that ring as a cherry on top.

that's the thing, they are the only team EVER to start out 18 - 0

there's a super bowl winner every year

E
E