Author Topic: White House set to reverse health care conscience clause  (Read 3033 times)

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
Re: White House set to reverse health care conscience clause
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 11:43:27 AM »
Does abortionist = people who are pro-choice?

I don't know anyone who is pro-aborition

I've never heard any referred to as an "abortionist"

I've never heard a doctor who performs abortions called an abortionist except as a perjorative.  It's really an old fashioned definition from the time when abortions where illegal and referred to people who performed illegal abortions

It's certainly not a medical definition and no OBGYN or other doctor would refer to themselves as such.

Pro-death bastard!!! :)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 12:33:18 PM »

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 12:56:20 PM »
If this shoe fits . . . . . .

irony really eludes you doesn't it?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 01:00:06 PM »
irony really eludes you doesn't it?

Im only kidding.  I am not big on the abortion issue on way or the other.   On the one hand I think it is evil, however, on the other hand I really think the govt needs to back off.  I go back and forth on it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »
Im only kidding.  I am not big on the abortion issue on way or the other.   On the one hand I think it is evil, however, on the other hand I really think the govt needs to back off.  I go back and forth on it.

if you're Libertarian (which is sound like you are) then you should be for freedom of choice.  Personally you can still be against abortion but you should be for freedom of choice.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2009, 01:26:36 PM »
if you're Libertarian (which is sound like you are) then you should be for freedom of choice.  Personally you can still be against abortion but you should be for freedom of choice.

That is the dilemma of course.  Murder is proscecuted because it is evil.  It someone considers abortion to be akin to murder why not prosecute that?

Its not an easy issue but my gut tells me that the govt should back off.  However, I also dont feel it is my obligation to pay for abortion either.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2009, 02:33:27 PM »
That is the dilemma of course.  Murder is proscecuted because it is evil.  It someone considers abortion to be akin to murder why not prosecute that?

Its not an easy issue but my gut tells me that the govt should back off.  However, I also dont feel it is my obligation to pay for abortion either.

Would you rather pay $300 for an abortion or the cost of raising a welfare kid? Those costs include medical.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2009, 03:22:37 PM »
Would you rather pay $300 for an abortion or the cost of raising a welfare kid? Those costs include medical.

That assumes every women who wants to have an abortion but can't will be on welfare.  I doubt that's the case. 

If we (society) are being consistent, we should either pass a human life amendment or remove all restrictions.  Either a baby has "right to life" or the woman has complete control and can kill the baby if she chooses. 

That said, easier said than done.  Good message board material but would never resolve the issue in real life.     

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 03:29:10 PM »
That assumes every women who wants to have an abortion but can't will be on welfare.  I doubt that's the case. 

If we (society) are being consistent, we should either pass a human life amendment or remove all restrictions.  Either a baby has "right to life" or the woman has complete control and can kill the baby if she chooses. 

That said, easier said than done.  Good message board material but would never resolve the issue in real life.     

Sure - why not reduce a complicated issue to a simplistic either/or choice.

That way you either have to be for abortions in the 3rd trimester or against abortions in the 3rd week

How about we leave things exactly the way they are and if you're personally against abortion then don't get one.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »

Why do i feel like I have a gun to head, or to my wallet for lack of a better term, with that question?????

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »

or the cost of incarceration....includi ng medical

or the cost of a college education.....including medical

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2009, 09:12:09 PM »
I read a case where the emergency room physician did not want to give abortive pills and the family sued.  I can't remember what happened though.  Beyond an actual abortion proceedure, does this say doctors must prescribe abortive drugs?  I don't agree with that.  I am torn on abortion, but I believe people should have the choice in the first trimester.  However, I would never perform the proceedure.  I remember helping deliver two stillborn twins in residency.  Shit, that was sad.  They let me do most of it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2009, 09:14:42 PM »
I read a case where the emergency room physician did not want to give abortive pills and the family sued.  I can't remember what happened though.  Beyond an actual abortion proceedure, does this say doctors must prescribe abortive drugs?  I don't agree with that.  I am torn on abortion, but I believe people should have the choice in the first trimester.  However, I would never perform the proceedure.  I remember helping deliver two stillborn twins in residency.  Shit, that was sad.  They let me do most of it.

why would someone be in the emergency room looking for "abortive pills"

you don't mean the day after pill which actually prevents conception rather than aborting a fetus do you?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2009, 09:20:46 PM »

Sounds pretty sad. 

Doing a first trimester abortion might even be worse because you have to dismember the baby. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2009, 09:27:28 PM »
Sounds pretty sad. 

Doing a first trimester abortion might even be worse because you have to dismember the baby. 

why?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2009, 09:47:59 PM »
why?

Do some homework on first trimester fetal development and the methods used to abort first trimester babies.   

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2009, 04:46:04 AM »

Maybe she was raped.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2009, 07:28:38 AM »
Do some homework on first trimester fetal development and the methods used to abort first trimester babies.   

I actually have.

do you realize how tiny that thing is.

Why would it need to be dismembered?

Please grace us with your vast knowledge?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2009, 07:34:01 AM »
I actually have.

If you had done your homework you wouldn't be asking the question.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2009, 07:51:38 AM »
I actually have.

I seriously dont know how you guys can worked up over abortion considering WTF is going on, even as of today, with our country literlly on the verge of collapse.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2009, 08:01:27 AM »
I seriously dont know how you guys can worked up over abortion considering WTF is going on, even as of today, with our country literlly on the verge of collapse.

I'm not worked up about it at all.

Things are fine the way they are.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2009, 08:03:15 AM »
I'm not worked up about it at all.

Things are fine the way they are.

It goes on every election cycle.  Over and over and over. 

I would be much happier if they made adoption a lot easier, maybe pay the mother a stipend to carry the baby to term if she has a family lined up for adoption or something. 

I dont know, to me this entire issue seems really overdone.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2009, 08:52:53 AM »
It goes on every election cycle.  Over and over and over. 

I would be much happier if they made adoption a lot easier, maybe pay the mother a stipend to carry the baby to term if she has a family lined up for adoption or something. 

I dont know, to me this entire issue seems really overdone.

It's better to get a baby from China. You're never gonna hear from a Chinese bitch again. Adopt an American kid and once the mother gets her life together, wants money or has second thoughts the kid is gone. Too much hassle with Americans.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2009, 11:46:33 AM »
If you had done your homework you wouldn't be asking the question.   ::)

Classic Bum - when asked a simple question to support your own statement you're incapable of doing so.

I guess I should assume you're simply a liar