Author Topic: Silvio Samuel to quit bodybuilding?  (Read 6852 times)

dustin

Re: Silvio Samuel to quit bodybuilding?
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 10:58:57 AM »
He wouldn't be the first to meltdown after a show. Think of all that gear, pinning all those peptides a thousand times a day while you cramp up, watching all your meals, being hungry 24/7, slamming back water all day long, packing meals before going anywhere, going to bed with a hungry stomach, cardio, tanning, G4P, posing practice, being as dehydrated as a California raisin posing under hot lights on stage with a sea of f*gs in the audience like Steve Blechman in the front row playing pocket pool everytime Martinez turns for a pose from the rear, but never letting an insignificant thought of your etched-in-stone ripped glutes enter his mind while he feverishly plays with his miniature man parts. You would feel disgusted too! :-X

Switznegger

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 04:11:53 PM »
It could have been worse it could have been a Grand Prix show he would have WON $1000 HAHAHAHA.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 04:25:39 PM »
Hahaha, what a pouty little whine bag, good riddance I say.  Most overrated bodybuilder out there today.

Blue_Steel

• Getbig I
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
bobaar chick gave him some comforting words back stage.. Man up my guy!  ;D

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 05:06:16 PM »
what a sore loser, just think of  Nasser losing to Dorian ( ;D)

You just HAD to throw that in there, didn't you?
Trying to start a war in yet another thread?
Shit stirrer!!!!!  ;D

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 05:10:59 PM »
You just HAD to throw that in there, didn't you?
Trying to start a war in yet another thread?
Shit stirrer!!!!!  ;D

lmao  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Silvio to quit bodybuilding?
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »
WOULD ANYONE MISS/NOTICE ONE LESS BLACK BODYBUILDER ?

It's always amazing that guys on here can't wait to hijack threads and turn it into a black thing.....you can always see it coming....then we'll start to see the obigatory putdowns of chick as we normally do whenever he is nice enough to post an answer to a thread........

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »
It's always amazing that guys on here can't wait to hijack threads and turn it into a black thing.....you can always see it coming....then we'll start to see the obigatory putdowns of chick as we normally do whenever he is nice enough to post an answer to a thread........

hey hey sometimes chick can be a jerk, I think even he'll admit to this. However in this thread he really came through with some insider information, of which I appreciate.

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 07:22:21 PM »
  personally he needs to take some time and have a off season to make improvments.. he is always in pre cotest mode.. he needs to take some time off and make the needed improvments.. 3-4 shows or more a years is not going to give time to make any gains.. it is amazing he has made what he has..

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 07:25:44 PM »
I believe what Silvio did was one of the whiniest, poor shows of any sportsmanship that I have seen in a long time. Nobody likes a sore loser., not at this level, the 2nd (or arguably the top) best show in our sport. Besides, he got the place he deserved, he was NOT better than Toney and just barely better than Moe.

I think he has been given a pass here.. especially by Bob. If this was any other athlete, Bob would have made a bigger case of it. But because they are friends he says on the PBW show that it was accetable..

NO IT WAS NOT.

The apology given by Bob was obviously created and pushed by Bob.. to help Silvio save some face. Not a bad decision, just very obvious that's all.

----

One thing I do agree with on Bob is his statement that an athlete that is at 100% doesn't mean that he'll beat another athlete at 100%.. at that point it comes down to overall shape and even height / size at times. Silvio is far from 100%, as he does come in peeled but he does have weak points that need to be addressed (such as back, calves, etc) but he must accept that fact that even if he does one day reach 100%, that may still not be enough to win the shows that count (Arnold, Olympia, etc) because others showing up at 100% just have a better overall package.

8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »
silvio deserved his placing, he was right where he should have been. he looked great, best he ever looked, his delts were looking bigger , fuller, and rounder than they have ever looked - noticeably improved from even a few short weeks ago at the ironman.  im sure silvio is just frustrated that he isnt as good as he wishes he was. thats okay. ive spoken out of emotion and said things i didnt mean before, im sure most people have.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2009, 07:35:08 PM »
I believe what Silvio did was one of the whiniest, poor shows of any sportsmanship that I have seen in a long time. Nobody likes a sore loser., not at this level, the 2nd (or arguably the top) best show in our sport. Besides, he got the place he deserved, he was NOT better than Toney and just barely better than Moe.

I think he has been given a pass here.. especially by Bob. If this was any other athlete, Bob would have made a bigger case of it. But because they are friends he says on the PBW show that it was accetable..

NO IT WAS NOT.

The apology given by Bob was obviously created and pushed by Bob.. to help Silvio save some face. Not a bad decision, just very obvious that's all.

----

One thing I do agree with on Bob is his statement that an athlete that is at 100% doesn't mean that he'll beat another athlete at 100%.. at that point it comes down to overall shape and even height / size at times. Silvio is far from 100%, as he does come in peeled but he does have weak points that need to be addressed (such as back, calves, etc) but he must accept that fact that even if he does one day reach 100%, that may still not be enough to win the shows that count (Arnold, Olympia, etc) because others showing up at 100% just have a better overall package.

8)

No one said is was acceptable...least of all me.

As for the apology....that came from Silvio as he knew he made a bad choice of sportsmanship. It wasn't the end of the world, and I've certainly seen worse. While I may guide Silvio in his career, he is his own man and must be responsible for his actions....he made a mistake, plain and simple.

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
Fuck Silvio,he showed his true colours(not black ;D) at the arnold,by sulking when he got 5th,removing his medal etc,where did he think he should have finished?? Above Toney?...Eh no...Above Branch?...Fuck no...Above Vic...Nope...Above Kai...Haha dream on Silvio

I think Vic and Sylvio could have changed places and nobody would have said a thing.  Silvio was in some crazy conditioning and his physique is great.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »
Fuck Silvio,he showed his true colours(not black ;D) at the arnold,by sulking when he got 5th,removing his medal etc,where did he think he should have finished?? Above Toney?...Eh no...Above Branch?...Fuck no...Above Vic...Nope...Above Kai...Haha dream on Silvio

I caught that too, as he was walking offstage he started taking his medal off, I thought he was going to throw it on the ground like the other guy...can't remember his name.

sachito

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 09:56:10 PM »
WOW. sounds like for you guys that call Silvio a looser, you have been there and done that. you expect everyone to act perfect at all times. what about flex wheeler taking his medal off after loosing to Ron.flex deserved at least one olympia title.    Silvio to quit?? i guarantee that wont happen. Silvio is no quitter. cant anyone have a moment of weakness and make a mistake. ??? at least the guy comes in 110 percent for each show and has an unparalleled level of consistency.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »
Honestly Silvio was my favorite guy in the contest (in retrospect)...I mean, it was obviously Kai's "time" but Silvio was pretty much the best "bodybuilder" on stage if you wanna get right down to it; I don't care, IMO we'd all be pissed if we were him and it's only from this outside perspective that we can actually say that NO WAY he should have "won," give him 5th just "because."  It's weird because I say of course Kai won too but I mean this guy's physique is awesome in a way that just can't really be rewarded given the total package.  Inside word is that he's having problems with a few of his sponsors as well but you know he's like the new Charles Clairmonte...best looking physique on the stage that everyone somehow assumes should be 5th in every 2nd tier show he enters but he makes you wanna train more than anybody else on the stage...then 15 years later people start threads on you asking why you didn't place higher...I'm sure it's a shit place to be. 

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »
Silvio needs to learn how to pose.
Here right next to him the master is showing how it's supposed to be done.
Where are Silvios triceps? Where are the lines in his back? Where is Kais belly? And Silvios? Where are Silvios seperation in non existing calves? How come his face is half visible? Let's not talk about seperation and positioning of the legs...
In other words: don't perform poses you don't master next to a guy who has everything!
Kai took him to school, now let's see if Sil learns a lesson from this

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 10:18:06 PM »
Silvio needs to learn how to pose.
Here right next to him the master is showing how it's supposed to be done.
Where are Silvios triceps? Where are the lines in his back? Where is Kais belly? And Silvios? Where are Silvios seperation in non existing calves? How come his face is half visible?
In other words: don't perform poses you don't master next to a guy who has everything!
Kai took him to school, now let's see if Sil learns a lesson from this

Again sure, Kai wins, but man Silvio has some awesome stuff going on with that physique so I just feel bad for him never able to feel like he's adequately rewarded.  Good point though.     

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2009, 10:26:49 PM »
According to Shawn Ray on MD Radio,

Shawn talked to Silvio backstage and Silvio was in floods of tears. He says that he has packed up all his belongings and after the Australian Pro and New Zealand Pro, he will return to Spain to run a security business (apparently he used to run one). Apparently he is having trouble getting out of his Muscletech contract.

He is very disenchanted with bodybuilding, and for all intents and purposes,

He's Done

:o

what a baby. Bob, smack some sense into your pet.
It's Hip to be Square!

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2009, 10:27:22 PM »
but man Silvio has some awesome stuff going on with that physique so I just feel bad for him never able to feel like he's adequately rewarded.

You know for yourself that lots of people agree that Silvio got gifts a few times so he was MORE then adequately rewarded already.
He DOES show up in razorsharp conditioning, I love his lower pec striations and his paperthin skin, but his lower body can't seem to show that same sharpness and therefore always makes me look funny at him.
And razorsharp conditioning is not a guarantee for a win. How many pro contests did Munzer win?
And again Sil has been told NUMEROUS times to work on posing and I'm sure he does with Charles, Bob and Shawn in his corner, but he just can't get it.
If he would chose his poses more careful and not just copycat others and execute them better, he would present that same physique MUCH better, earning some more adequate placings he is looking for.
He is not one of the greatest posers/presenters and then to "show off" a pose next to Kai instead of directly hitting it is a "FAIL" in my eyes.
What was he thinking?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »
You know for yourself that lots of people agree that Silvio got gifts a few times so he was MORE then adequately rewarded already.
He DOES show up in razorsharp conditioning, I love his lower pec striations and his paperthin skin, but his lower body can't seem to show that same sharpness and therefore always makes me look funny at him.
And razorsharp conditioning is not a guarantee for a win. How many pro contests did Munzer win?
And again Sil has been told NUMEROUS times to work on posing and I'm sure he does with Charles, Bob and Shawn in his corner, but he just can't get it.
If he would chose his poses more careful and not just copycat others and execute them better, he would present that same physique MUCH better, earning some more adequate placings he is looking for.
He is not one of the greatest posers/presenters and then to "show off" a pose next to Kai instead of directly hitting it is a "FAIL" in my eyes.
What was he thinking?
stuck on stupid

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »
by far the most aesthetic physique on that stage - I don't know how branch beat him - the others I can see

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2009, 01:57:57 AM »
        I train at World's Gym in Worthington, and Sunday, the day after the Classic, Silvio was in there shooting some pics for a Muscletech ad.  He didn't seem mad at them, but he was eating McDonald's. After dieting for so long, I am sure this would make him happy.

I couldn't use a military bench or the dumbells I wanted because they had a big portion of the gym blocked off for the photoshoot. I had to use Hammer Strength instead, as I couldn't wait since I had tickets to the Buckeye's basketball game. >:(

ARAGO

• Getbig II
  • Alex23 Reincarnated. For now.
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2009, 02:01:06 AM »
Well, I think Silvio is gonna have to learn how to deal with his emotions when the Expectations blow up in his face. I hope he never do what King Kamali did on stage a few years back

this?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2009, 02:09:42 AM »
this?

Did George ever say/do anything about this?
Q