Author Topic: Tyson vs. Lesnar  (Read 8948 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Tyson vs. Lesnar
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »
Once again, we are having this stupid pointless argument about "who is better".  ::)

Boxing - Tyson would win (Lesnar is not a boxer)

Wrestling - Lesnar wold win (Tyson is not a wrestler)

This, hopefully, should be the end of the thread.
Spot on

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2009, 02:34:01 PM »
This is short Tyson fight around early 1986, when he turned into a truly great fighter.
Check out his jab and also at the 2.00 mark his head movement.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »
can you give me a quick list of boxers who stayed away from tyson's punches succesfully?

Yes, Tony tucker, Bonecrusher smith, Buster Douglas, Evander holyfield, Lennox lewis.......

Styles make fights, Mike often had problems with big men who could jab and move. Lennox was the opitome of that type of boxer -  he may well have had the best jab of any heavyweight ever - I am a big fan of Tyson but i believe lewis at his best beats Tyson.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2009, 02:37:43 PM »
Yes, Tony tucker, Bonecrusher smith, Buster Douglas, Evander holyfield, Lennox lewis.......

Styles make fights, Mike often had problems with big men who could jab and move. Lennox was the opitome of that type of boxer -  he may well have had the best jab of any heavyweight ever - I am a big fan of Tyson but i believe lewis at his best beats Tyson.

I'm with you I believe at his best Lennox would've beat him and Tyson couldn't fight going backwards either that's how in part Holyfield beat em

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2009, 02:39:22 PM »

true...but we are talking prime Tyson years.during the cus d" amato years

DAWG

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2009, 02:41:40 PM »

Styles make fights, Mike often had problems with big men who could jab and move. Lennox was the opitome of that type of boxer -  he may well have had the best jab of any heavyweight ever - I am a big fan of Tyson but i believe lewis at his best beats Tyson.

I can categorically say that Liston and Holmes had better jabs than Lewis.The praise that Lewis gets from superficial fans for this aspect of his game is unreal.Writers used to point the jab out as Lewis weakness when he was fighting.
I would also say that Tyson was going downhill from 1989 onwards.

edit:also Tony Tucker went the distance with Lewis years later.He was a competent fighter,though when the going got tough with Tyson and Lewis he went into survival mode

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2009, 02:43:21 PM »
Mike was exceptionaly fast, however i still think Lewis beats Tyson at his best - That said its no foregone conclusion by any means. I give it to Lewis based on his jab and boxer/puncher style that i believe mike would have had trouble figuring out and getting close enough to get inside.

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 02:44:44 PM »
I can categorically say that Liston and Holmes had better jabs than Lewis.The praise that Lewis gets from superficial fans for this aspect of his game is unreal.Writers used to point the jab out as Lewis weakness when he was fighting.
I would also say that Tyson was going downhill from 1989 onwards.

edit:also Tony Tucker went the distance with Lewis years later.He was a competent fighter,though when the going got tough with Tyson and Lewis he went into survival mode

Haha - How can you Categorically say that champ- Did they hit you?  :D

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2009, 02:46:46 PM »
In a cage? Lesnar all day.

Tyson would of been like a turtle or doing the turtle if he ever got in a cage with a stud like Lesnar.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 02:47:52 PM »
Mike was exceptionaly fast, however i still think Lewis beats Tyson at his best - That said its no foregone conclusion by any means. I give it to Lewis based on his jab and boxer/puncher style that i believe mike would have had trouble figuring out and getting close enough to get inside.

For fuck's sake. This guy has a jab.

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2009, 02:48:17 PM »
Tyson every time, apart from the slim possibility that Lesnar gets him on the ground, in which case Tyson would probably go nuts and bite his ass or something and get disqualified.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »

That long jab would frustrate Mike which is apparently easy when things aren't going his way

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 02:49:59 PM »
Haha - How can you Categorically say that champ- Did they hit you?  :D

I've seen their fights.Holmes was more accurate and hurtful with his jab and Liston far more powerful.
What do you base the fact that Lewis had the best jab of all time?

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:51 PM »
I've seen their fights.Holmes was more persistent,accurate and hurtful with his jab and Liston far more powerful.

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:57 PM »

I totally agree that Listen had a fantastic Jab, Dont think that Just because i praise Lennox's Jab I discount others. However if you think that Lewis did not have a great Jab You are very much in a minority.

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 02:53:56 PM »
I've seen their fights.Holmes was more accurate and hurtful with his jab and Liston far more powerful.

May well have had.... Read my post please.

And yes, he may well have had - 25Lbs heavier than Liston with exceptional handspeed and power. Just ask Tyson himself.  :D

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 03:00:05 PM »
I totally agree that Listen had a fantastic Jab, Dont think that Just because i praise Lennox's Jab I discount others. However if you think that Lewis did not have a great Jab You are very much in a minority.

Lewis had an effective jab.ALso, if a fighter didn't have a good jab and footwork against a well prepared Lewis he was totally fucked.
Does that mean that Lewis had the greatest jab of all time? Not really.
There has never been a heavyweight in history with his combination of power,size and all-round skills, though.

spinnis

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 04:06:29 PM »
In a cage? Lesnar all day.

Tyson would of been like a turtle or doing the turtle if he ever got in a cage with a stud like Lesnar.

Your quite the Big ass negro smasher yourself "SS"

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »
lesner,tyson street fight.....tyson in 10 seconds
DAWG

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2009, 04:15:16 PM »
hower long it would have taken tyson to walk across the ring and throw a right cross....8 seconds?

tyson now at 300 lbs without training would take about 30 seconds to connect....

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »

Sonny was a beast but he would have gotten a mudhole stomped in his chest by Tyson.

Dorian01

• Getbig IV
  • Coach loves the sticky studs
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 04:20:32 PM »
Tyson every time, apart from the slim possibility that Lesnar gets him on the ground, in which case Tyson would probably go nuts and bite his ass or something and get disqualified.
Slim possibility? lol you guys are fuckin nuts.

Harry Spotter

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2009, 04:23:22 PM »

tyson is maybe the best fighter in fighting sports and an elite athlete ....

QFT

Lesnar, by comparison, is nothing but a clumsy neanderthal.

spinnis

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2009, 04:24:31 PM »

QFT

Lesnar, by comparison, is nothing but a clumsy neanderthal.

haha,

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:43 PM »
What a stupid fucking question. Tyson would win ... WITHOUT a doubt.