Author Topic: Carb Cycling  (Read 3900 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Carb Cycling
« on: March 11, 2009, 04:26:22 PM »
been thinking of trying this but dont do very well on no carbs at all, saw a variation where it was something like

200g day 1
150g day 2
100g day 3
50g day 4
and then back up

anybody used this diet carb cycling that is you guys think not going below say 50 grams on my low days would be good enough to see an effect?

lubawyb612

• Getbig II
Re: Carb Cycling
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 05:05:10 PM »
I used this

day 1   150g
day 2-3 100g
day 4    50g

I normally dont function well with any kind of low carb cycle but i felt fine with this and it worked great

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 05:24:03 PM »
I used this

day 1   150g
day 2-3 100g
day 4    50g

I normally dont function well with any kind of low carb cycle but i felt fine with this and it worked great
do you go back up in the same order? did you lose a good amount of muscle? Im the same way but ive been ok with 50g in the past if i eat them around my workouts generally. Thanks for the advice.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 12:25:25 AM »
been thinking of trying this but dont do very well on no carbs at all, saw a variation where it was something like

200g day 1
150g day 2
100g day 3
50g day 4
and then back up

anybody used this diet carb cycling that is you guys think not going below say 50 grams on my low days would be good enough to see an effect?
i thinkj carb cycling works better with drastic drops and longer stretches of a higher amount of carbs.

for example=
mon= 200
tues= 200
wednesday= 0
thurs= 200
fri= 200
satuday= 0
sun= 200
repeat

but what you have would work just fine.

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 02:28:28 AM »
plain and simple works every time.

low
medium
medium
high
low
medium
medium
high

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 04:57:40 AM »
An article I wrote for Iron Man magazine:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wescott4.htm

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 05:00:42 AM »
Well to get your body into a real fat burning state i.e. ketosis most people would agree you have to get your carbs under 30g a day.  I think the classic keto diet works the best i.e. zero carbs 5 days with 2 days of carb ups or design the carb ups around your workouts.  For me I do my carb up days right before my strength day.  But every other day is low to zero carbs i.e. less than 30g.  There is no way you'll get into fat burning ketosis with more than 100g of carbs a day. 

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 05:55:13 AM »
actually i'm on 50 gr/day for 6 day and 700 on sunday.
asstropin

Bleed4IT

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:31:33 AM »
Wow 700, thats one hell of a fun day to eat! Bet you shit a "mack-truck" the next day! HAHA

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 09:05:34 AM »
Wow 700, thats one hell of a fun day to eat! Bet you shit a "mack-truck" the next day! HAHA

in fact i piss a gallon the second day of low carb... ;)
asstropin

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »
i thinkj carb cycling works better with drastic drops and longer stretches of a higher amount of carbs.

for example=
mon= 200
tues= 200
wednesday= 0
thurs= 200
fri= 200
satuday= 0
sun= 200
repeat

but what you have would work just fine.

lol yes, your body will be really confused looking for carbs on wed & sat :D
wheres my carbs >:(
tank u jesus

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 05:58:17 PM »
An article I wrote for Iron Man magazine:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wescott4.htm
hahah thats one of the articles i read actually i think thats the one i was referring to...very cool tim, did you lose alot of muscle? im not looking to get into contest shape just sub 10% you think this would be a good diet for me?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:05 AM »
Thanks for the props Tony.......actually I lost no size and looked bigger being much leaner.......ie. creating an illusion of more muscle size than I actually had.

Aftert he first time I cycled carbs for a contest,I only weighed 155 pounds but most people thought I was 170-180.

Great diet for anyone bro.......it works, and you still have lots of energy most of the time.
tbomz numbers are completely fucked so don`t use them!!  LOL  :)

No offense Taylor but not enough disparity in the drops......I mean 200 to zero is ridiculous,it should be more of a gradual decline.

Have you ever cycled carbs in an effort to lean out?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »
Thanks for the props Tony.......actually I lost no size and looked bigger being much leaner.......ie. creating an illusion of more muscle size than I actually had.

Aftert he first time I cycled carbs for a contest,I only weighed 155 pounds but most people thought I was 170-180.

Great diet for anyone bro.......it works, and you still have lots of energy most of the time.

No offense Taylor but not enough disparity in the drops......I mean 200 to zero is ridiculous,it should be more of a gradual decline.

yes and i find big drops in carbs with longer platues of higher levels of carbs to be much more effective at stripping off fat. 200g carbs a day is still low enough to be lsoing fat on those days, the zero carb days doesnt include veggies.. only starches, lactose, fructose(with an exception while small bits of fructose may actually be a bit beneficial on the zero carb days).

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2009, 04:03:59 PM »

very cool to hear, one more question is it really important to spread the carbs out over the entire day or is it ok to get most of them in one or two meals? i try to get protein every 3 hours or so of some sort but the carbs especially on the 50 day i would like to put before and after my workout. I think if i did dizzles version i would end up in the fetal position in the corner on the zero days i dont do good with no carbs.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2009, 04:21:30 PM »
Before and after would be fine,but if you eat them before you train,you`ll burn the carbs as fuel during your workout,as opposed to using fat as fuel while training.

A better scenario IMO,would be to eat them after training........if only 50 grams,I`d eat them post-workout with a whey shake in water.

No big deal though as 50 grams is low..............so whatever suits you best.

One thing I do beleive in is eating all carbs other than fibrous vegetables or salads early in the day.... like during the first 3-4 meals assuming that you`re eating 6 meals a day of course.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2009, 04:38:31 PM »
Before and after would be fine,but if you eat them before you train,you`ll burn the carbs as fuel during your workout,as opposed to using fat as fuel while training.

A better scenario IMO,would be to eat them after training........if only 50 grams,I`d eat them post-workout with a whey shake in water.

No big deal though as 50 grams is low..............so whatever suits you best.

One thing I do beleive in is eating all carbs other than fibrous vegetables or salads early in the day.... like during the first 3-4 meals assuming that you`re eating 6 meals a day of course.
good point about burning the carbs i didnt think of that i just think it might be tough going through a back or leg or even chest workout without any carbs in me but if im eating alot of fibrous vegetables i should be ok probably.

Shit ok one more question i know this one is pretty stupid but how often do you think it would be ok to have a cheat meal or dare i say it alcohol. I dont drink that much anymore maybe once a week if that and maybe 6 beers or so just depends. how big of an effect you think that will have? should i cut it out altogether or you think that i might be ok with it?

thanks for the help tim

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2009, 12:19:29 AM »
Dude 200g of carbs a day is WAY TOO MANY carbs for fat burning goals. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2009, 01:35:01 AM »
i feel the same way, not ragging on dizzles plan to each their own but i would have to try to eat 200g of carbs if i were to eat clean shit and going from that to 0 would probably feel like death to me as i dont do good on low or especially zero carbs.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2009, 04:10:43 AM »
200g clean carbs = 800 calories
How is that too many?

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 11:51:11 AM »

why?

what would you suggest?
tank u jesus

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 01:49:10 PM »
200g carbs = 800 calories
400g protein= 1600 calories

thats 2400 calories per day.

lets add in 400 calories for trace fats in the carbs and proteins.

2800 calories.

id burn fat on a rest day with no cardio with that food intake.

but its all relative to bodyweight and caloric expenditure. so if your person who uses only a tiny bit of energy, then of course youll have to adjust food intake accordingly.

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2009, 09:49:14 PM »
What about just take as many raw veggies as u can. I take anything under 5% carb as much as I want. So If I want sugar I have to drink one liter of water per 5 gr hahaha! No, really, it helps me so much.