Author Topic: Slow Death of America in Pictures  (Read 1700 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: SLOW DEATH OF AMERICA IN PICTURES
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2009, 02:52:40 PM »
Well, I know for sure, you know, cause I saw it with my own eyes; parts of the South Bronx were like that. So too Newark.

That seems familiar.
I hate the State.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2009, 02:59:13 PM »
That seems familiar.

Well, the picture is kinda old, 1970s I think... But I did work in the south Bronx at one point and can say without a shadow of a doubt that parts of it were complete slums. It was the most depressing feeling, walking some of the streets and seeing nothing but crack house after crack house, prostitutes all over the place and crack bottles all over the floor.

And this is late 90s I'm talking about...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2009, 03:03:21 PM »
Well, the picture is kinda old, 1970s I think... But I did work in the south Bronx at one point and can say without a shadow of a doubt that parts of it were complete slums. It was the most depressing feeling, walking some of the streets and seeing nothing but crack house after crack house, prostitutes all over the place and crack bottles all over the floor.

And this is late 90s I'm talking about...

Looks like the south bronx of the 1980's

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »

Well, it is not only in the south Bronx:

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2009, 03:23:14 PM »

That's why I said it looked familiar or parts of Harlem in the eighties. I am from the Bronx.
I hate the State.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »
Well, it is not only in the south Bronx:

Poverty level percentages don't necessarily equate with inner-city urban decay.  Is this map supposed to imply that there's a direct correlation?  Because there isn't.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2009, 03:30:16 PM »
That's why I said it looked familiar or parts of Harlem in the eighties. I am from the Bronx.

Im originally from Morris Park but now live in Woodlawn.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »

...the cemetary? ???
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2009, 03:48:38 PM »

Originally from Kingsbridge and now, far, far away from all that.
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2009, 03:48:50 PM »
...the cemetary? ???

I live literally less than a block away from the cemetary.  There are many famous people buried in there.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2009, 06:27:15 PM »
What do you consider forever to be. Did Detroit ALWAYS look like this?
What did it look like in the 50's, and 60's? Was it a vibrant economic centre then?

No Jaguar... Detroit did not always look like this. Detroit is still a rather vibrant city, but because it was and is built on the faltering automotive industry it has been in a state of falter for about twenty years. As GM, FORD and American Motors began to open auto plants in Mexico, Canada, Europe, etc they closed plants in america leaving the once VERY PROSPEROUS Detroit population jobless. There was.is a Michael Moore film called Roger and Me where he chronicled the destruction of Michigan starting from the eighties as the auto industry began exporting jobs overseas leaving the large Middle Class workers jobless and destitute. Many had homes that they had not finished paying for, kids in college, had invested heavily in the auto industry only to see it all wiped out suddenly...just as is happening in america now. There was a lot of dispossessions, foreclosed homes, loss of jobs, but everyone was being told things would get better and therefore they stayed in Detroit and tried to make Detroit their home...unfortunately they became trapped and were unable to leave because they could not afford to go anywhere else...Then came the poverty and destitution of certain areas of Detroit. Now thank to the economic collapse in america, even the well to do areas of Detroit are up for sale and being sold for pennies on the dollar. I am including some pics of Detroit homes that you can see are now dilapidated but despite their terrible appearance now you can clearly see these were beautiful homes at one time. The past twenty years as these pictures tell with the automobile industry failing and home owners abandoning these homes has brought them to ruin since no one was around to keep them up. Now believe me when I say there are BEAUTIFUL HOMES IN DETROIT that will make your eyes pop...I just didn't include them here. BTW...the two pics at the botom are of the once luxurious train stationin Detroit

C