Author Topic: Anyone drink coffee?  (Read 4315 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Re: Anyone drink coffee?
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2009, 04:36:23 AM »
Do you want to be deported?

To New Zealand?

To where the Aussies go for Zorbing?  That would be too weird a life, day in day out.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »
Of course.

Harsh climate, deadly animals, abos.....we have to deal with a lot of shit.
yea but we have goodrum
trade  ???  :)

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2009, 11:56:35 AM »
i like coffee but too much gives me gout

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2009, 12:30:46 PM »
Never had a cup in my life.

žoklis

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2009, 12:44:37 PM »

Do you like start your day with a cup of coffee? If your answer is "yes", after you drink it, how do you feel? You fee awake and energetic, right? But do you know there are some adverse effects of coffee on your health? If you are coffee addicted or drink coffee for an extended period of time, you will experience some effects of coffee on you health, which will be discussed in the follow sections of this article.

Effect of coffee on body weight

Coffee can trigger food cravings, stimulate appetite, increase stress level, and increase insulin resistance. All of these effects work together will lead to a series of metabolic processes that eventually builds up body weight. Caffeine, the functional component in coffee elevates the stress hormone, cortisol. Cortisol increases heart rate, blood pressure, and sensitivity to emergency alert. This, in turn, alerts the body to increase its energy stores which results in food cravings specifically for sweets. Caffeine stimulates appetite due to its ability to induce low blood sugar with symptoms including dizziness and light-headedness. Body's reaction to low blood sugar is increased appetite. Elevated cortisol levels over an extended period of time increases the deposit of fat in the deep belly area. Abdominal fat is associated with increased health risks like cardiovascular disease and diabetes. Drinking coffee makes our bodies become resistant to insulin. As a result, glucose and insulin build up in the blood, endangering our health and increasing our risk of developing Type II Diabetes. Drinking coffee can also cause insomnia and sleep deprivation, both of which have been found to increase insulin resistance.

Effects of coffee on cardiovascular system

Drinking coffee can significantly increase central blood pressure as well as systolic and diastolic blood pressure, is a predictor for the incidence of heart palpitations. Due to its effects on raising cortisol, it increases heart rate. It is also implicated in the potential to produce cardiac arrhythmias.

Coffee drinking is linked to higher levels of serum cholesterol, with particularly high levels noted in people who drink boiled coffee or coffee processed at high temperatures (which includes espresso and espresso drinks). Other forms of coffee have also been shown to increase serum cholesterol levels including decaffeinated coffee, and studies show that replacement of regular coffee with decaffeinated coffee does not affect lipid levels. Increases in LDL levels as high as 8-10 percent after drinking decaffeinated coffee for three months have been observed.

Increased plasma homocysteine increases a person's risk of suffering from a heart attack. Coffee drinking significantly increases homocysteine in the bloodstream, even more so than caffeine alone. Coffee drinkers exhibit increased presence of inflammatory markers, including significantly higher interleukin 6, C-reactive protein, serum amyloid-A, higher tumor necrosis factor alpha and higher white blood cell counts. This effect is observed at levels of 200 ml or 6 oz of coffee per day. It is suggested that this inflammatory response Caffeine has been demonstrated to negatively affect stiffness in the aorta as well as aortic pressure, in healthy adults as well as in adults with hypertension. Increased arterial stiffness is a contributing factor in coronary artery disease and is involved in the process of arteriosclerosis or hardening of the arteries.

Effects of coffee on digestive system

Coffee Increases Incidence of gastro-esophageal reflux disease because coffee decreases pressure in the lower esophagus, which can lead to reflux. Both decaffeinated and regular coffees are highly acidic and can increase the secretion of stomach acids which is the main reason for heartburn. Studies have shown that a decrease in stomach acid can help alleviate heartburn. Therefore, quitting the coffee habit may be just the right move to help limit your episodes of heartburn. Coffee stimulates acid in the stomach and is associated with a higher risk of stomach ulcers

Coffee has been shown to have a laxative effect in people suffering from colon and bowel conditions which can lead to loose stools as soon as four minutes after drinking it. Coffee can also decrease absorption of magnesium, which will contribute to abnormal bowel regularity.

In summary, drinking coffee is not a healthy way to keep you alert or energetic because it can cause many adverse effects on your health. If you are still drinking, my recommendation is to quit it as soon as you can so that you can enjoy your life more.
http://hubpages.com/hub/The-effect-of-coffee-on-your-health

žoklis

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2009, 01:09:20 PM »
Caffeine and Your Body

If you need additional motivation, keep in mind the following health problems that can be exacerbated by caffeine.

* Cardiovascular Problems: Caffeine increases your heart rate, elevates your blood pressure, and can contribute to the development of heart disease. Both decaf and regular coffee increase your cholesterol and homocysteine, the biochemical that science has linked to increased risk for heart attack. Caffeine is also linked to coronary vasospasms, the cause for 20% of all fatal heart attacks which kill otherwise perfectly healthy people.
    * Stress: Caffeine stimulates the excretion of stress hormones which can produce increased levels of anxiety, irritability, muscular tension and pain, indigestion, insomnia, and decreased immunity. Increased levels of stress from caffeine can keep you from being able to make healthy responses to the normal daily stress everyone is subjected to in their lives.
    * Blood Sugar Swings: Diabetics and hypoglycemics should avoid caffeine because it stimulates a temporary surge in blood sugar which is then followed by an overproduction of insulin that causes a blood sugar crash within hours. If you're trying to loose weight, this rollercoaster will actually cause weight gain since insulin's message to the body is to store excess sugar as fat and the appetite becomes increased once the blood sugar is low.
    * Gastrointestinal Problems: Many people experience a burning sensation in their stomach after drinking coffee because coffee increases the secretion of hydrochloric acid leading to an increased risk for ulcers. Coffee, including decaf, reduces the pressure on the valve between the esophagus and the stomach so that the highly acidic contents of the stomach pass up to the esophagus leading to heartburn and gastro-esophageal reflux disease. With our culture's high consumption of coffee, its no wonder the best selling over-the-counter drugs are the so-called antacids.
    * Nutritional Deficiencies: Caffeine inhibits the absorption of some nutrients and causes the urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron and trace minerals, all essential elements necessary for good health.
    * Male Health Problems: Dr. Milton Krisiloff, M.D. has found that in the majority of cases, men can significantly reduce their risk for urinary and prostate problems by making dietary changes that include eliminating coffee and caffeine.
    * Female Health Problems: Fibrocystic breast disease, PMS, osteoporosis, infertility problems, miscarriage, low birth weight infants, and menopausal problems such as hot flashes are all exacerbated by caffeine consumption. Women on birth control pills are particularly at risk since they have a decreased ability to detoxify caffeine.
    * Adrenal Exhaustion: Caffeine consumption leads to eventual adrenal exhaustion that can leave you vulnerable to a variety of health disorders related to inflammation, autoimmunity, depression and other mood imbalances.
    * Aging: Many people find in their forties that they can no longer tolerate the same level of caffeine consumption as they could in their twenties and thirties. The production of DHEA, melatonin, and other vital hormones start to decline and caffeine speeds up that downhill drop. Conversely, cortisol, a stress hormone, increases in productions as we age and caffeine increases cortisol levels in the blood for up to 18 hours. Caffeine dehydrates the body and contributes to the aging of the skin and kidneys. It has been shown to inhibit DNA repair and slow the ability of the liver to detoxify foreign toxins.
http://chetday.com/caffeineeffects.htm
Worst thing is that caffein raises cortisol, which means slowing down metabolism.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2009, 05:33:52 PM »
I had a cup of black coffee before going to the gym.

I'm being 100% honest, might just be a coincidence though... I just had the best back workout of my life.
S

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2009, 05:36:13 PM »

I'm being 100% honest, might just be a coincidence though... I just had the best back workout of my life.

coffee is still better than those energy/NO drinks/powders...and cheaper to..
K

CoolDuck

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2009, 12:27:59 AM »

In summary, drinking coffee is not a healthy way to keep you alert or energetic because it can cause many adverse effects on your health. If you are still drinking, my recommendation is to quit it as soon as you can so that you can enjoy your life more.
http://hubpages.com/hub/The-effect-of-coffee-on-your-health

Most of what you claim are just theoretically based. In real world research, it has not been shown that coffee have an overall negative effect on your health. Actually, coffee protects against oxidative stress and coffee drinkers have a smaller chance of getting Parkinson's disease, which is a neurodegenerative disease.

CD

newmom

« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2009, 03:17:20 AM »

Ron I agree. I drink coffee with sugar free french vanilla cream and 3 equals. A few months ago I was getting my blood work done in the am (doctor wanted to check everything after my huge weight loss). I had to fast after 10pm and he said you can have water and black coffee nothing in it. Well I went to the gym before my blood work and drank it black (never have before) and had the most energy I ever had. Now if I dont sleep well (rare) and when I get up for the gym, I drink black coffee on the way and have a great work out

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2009, 04:08:35 AM »

Very interesting.

Tell us if you do it again, if it has the same effects.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2009, 05:21:35 AM »
i like coffee but too much gives me gout

haha, can't help it everytime I hear/read the word "gout" it makes me laugh...just a funny word.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »
Chai spiced tea in the morning and coffee in the mid-afternoon.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2009, 06:06:58 PM »
Very interesting.

Tell us if you do it again, if it has the same effects.

I had a cup of black coffee again today about 20 minutes before Chest/Shoulders.

I was able to go a little heavier on chest than last week.  (I'm still losing about 3 pounds a week)  My workout was better than usual.  Got a pretty good pump.

I've really never had much coffee up till the last week, maybe the effect will wear off after I drink it a little while longer?  ???
S

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »
Yes I too used to during coffee just before working out while I was cutting. 3Tbsp As i remember. Worked really great.. But had some effects on my sleep.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2009, 10:27:25 PM »
i toped out my r6 today.. ya that cup of coffee i had this morning will kill me.

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »
coffee is still better than those energy/NO drinks/powders...and cheaper to..
Are you serious in what way?