Author Topic: Tip the restroom attendant?!  (Read 3378 times)

Awesomo

• Getbig III
Re: Tip the restroom attendant?!
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 08:30:20 AM »
At least their nice there. Have you ever been to a place where the guy is a prick and gives back talk.

They are nice at charlotte because they generally just sit there and don't harass you. If i am at a nice restaurant i shouldn't have to hold my piss so i only go to the bathroom once and have to deal with that guy once instead of going whenever i feel like it. The guy at the 21 club in NYC is pretty nice though. Great memory. And definitely get the steak tartare their, Gordon Gecko recommends it.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 08:34:15 AM »
I live directly across the street from the 21 club in the Museum Tower.

Don't reveal that kind of info to these psychotic closeted homosexuals.  :o
S

Awesomo

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 08:35:42 AM »
I live directly across the street from the 21 club in the Museum Tower. Thats one of Chef Timmy's hang outs.

I only get up there on special occasions but i love the steak tartare. Fuck I am craving it so much right now.

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 08:36:54 AM »
Don't reveal that kind of info to these psychotic closeted homosexuals.  :o

Too late - I am on my way!  :D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
give him a raspberrry babinka.

10 points for the reference.
Flower Boy Ran Away

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2009, 12:35:49 PM »
Alot of times those attendents are blind and just sit there, at least at the bigger clubs that I've been to.... I really don't think they would notice if you tipped them or not.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2009, 12:36:26 PM »
In this day and time, with so many people out of work... you have to wonder why more ppl don't become "spontaneous restroom attendants".

You know, dress nice and carry a suitcase of toiletries into a crowded public restroom.  Be very polite and have your tip jar there as you help each restroom patron.

Maybe work with a friend so you can hand off the $ every few minutes.  this way when the police/staff throw you out, they don't confiscate your $ as well.

Tough times, ppl.  I'm surprsised we don't see more of this.  beggars are on the streets, and offer no service.  At least this guy could help make your restroom experience better.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »
At these types of places, drinks are at least 8 bucks a pop, and I am talking about domestic beer, not top shelf. Why stiff the bathroom guy when you are blowing possibly several hundred dollars at the place? Give the little homie a buck, he has bills too.
E

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2009, 12:39:43 PM »
 At least this guy could help make your restroom experience better.

lol, I don't know why but that line cracked me up

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2009, 12:41:12 PM »
usually if i see one in the restroom on my way in, i get a handful of paper towels and then after i take a crap i use them to pick up a turd, on my way out i deposit said turd in their little tip bowl.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2009, 12:41:27 PM »
At these types of places, drinks are at least 8 bucks a pop, and I am talking about domestic beer, not top shelf.

I was in a place where the bottled water was $4 each.  I mean, it came in a nice glass bottle, but it was only 16.9 ounces nonetheless.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 12:43:40 PM »
I was in a place where the bottled water was $4 each.  I mean, it came in a nice glass bottle, but it was only 16.9 ounces nonetheless.

That's my point. I am not going to say I frequent these types of places, as a matter of fact other than the higher end stripclubs and different vacation spots, I never see a bathroom guy. But if you are already spending that kid of cash, why stiff the poor dude?
E

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 12:46:15 PM »
Tipping is a fucking joke. They are being paid to be there

I tend to agree--that's their job, isn't it???  And we have to give them money on top of that?  Maybe people who work for tips aren't being paid enough by their employers--THAT's the source of the problem!

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 12:46:28 PM »

I generally throw in $5 or $10 because i feel real bad for them and they give you towels, mints and some other crap but the most i gave a dude was $20. I walked into one and some guy was taking a shit and i went to take a piss and when i opened my wallet and seen that all i had was $20's....i just said what the hell...but the smell was so horrible and these guys have to smell that shit for eight hours or more...c'mon.
D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 12:55:42 PM »
I generally throw in $5 or $10 because i feel real bad for them and they give you towels, mints and some other crap but the most i gave a dude was $20. I walked into one and some guy was taking a shit and i went to take a piss and when i opened my wallet and seen that all i had was $20's....i just said what the hell...but the smell was so horrible and these guys have to smell that shit for eight hours or more...c'mon.

Good honest generous Michigander right there 8)
E

Jizzacked

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »
worst job ever, I think I would almost rather do anything else than smell piss and farts and hear people dropping shadoobies all day long.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 01:03:04 PM »
worst job ever, I think I would almost rather do anything else than smell piss and farts and hear people dropping shadoobies all day long.

What if it paid a grand a night and you only worked 3 days a week?
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2009, 01:05:10 PM »
What if it paid a grand a night and you only worked 3 days a week?

I'd work 7 nights a week for a grand.

I'd come home smelling like turd, but would retire after just a few years of it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 01:06:00 PM »
I tip them. I'm not a millionaire, but they are trying to make an honest living so i don't see the harm in giving them a few bucks.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2009, 01:09:49 PM »
I'd work 7 nights a week for a grand.

I'd come home smelling like turd, but would retire after just a few years of it.

Well I think anyone would. I put the 3 nights on it to make it somewhat of a tough decision(wouldn't be for me). But if I asked if you would do it for 365,000 a year, who would honestly say no other than a liar. Btw, what do you think a good bathroom guy clears a night? I am talking about the guys with the nice spreads, colognes, mints etc. Assuming it is a nice place of average size. I would guess 250$.
E

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2009, 01:10:38 PM »
I was at a club once and they had this real nice setup in the bathroom, I was impressed. I used some cologne, took some chewing gum, several breathmints, a lot of ciggerattes, and whatever for free, and the guy was a real nice guy standing back a few feet to be sure not to bother the hell out of u, an older guy too (which was weird in the club, but still) he made sure u just knew if u needed anything, he'd help but he wouldnt stand in front of ur face or anything.

But no i didn't tip him. ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2009, 01:13:18 PM »
Btw, what do you think a good bathroom guy clears a night? I am talking about the guys with the nice spreads, colognes, mints etc. Assuming it is a nice place of average size. I would guess 250$.

If he sees (some of the same) people 300 times a night.  (1 person per minute for a 5 hour shift)...

maybe every 5th or 7th person tips a buck?
maybe every 20th person tips a 5.

Math majors, please?

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2009, 01:25:49 PM »
Good honest generous Michigander right there 8)

It is not like they are panhandlers but i cannot imagine the smells and the things that they here while standing there and holding a straight face. Tip what you think is right and if you choose not to, then do not. I am trying to think of some of the good places in Detroit or Madison Heights, Whitehall, Midland, Yipilipsanti,..etc...I might ask them who they like more MICHIGAN or Michigan State while washing my hands...
D

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »
If you are at a place early and plan on staying all night, just do what you do at a wedding. Now at a wedding, you want good strong drinks, so 20 or 30 right away to the bartender is more than suffice to keep your drinks coming strong all night. Considering all you want to do is piss in peace, give the guy 5 or 10 bucks right away and tell him you don't carry small bills, but will see him many more times that night.
E

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2009, 01:36:45 PM »
How many of you Getbiggers go to a nice restaurant or club and end up going to the restroom only to see one of those annoying attendants? Do ya tip 'em?

Me? Nope! I'm not about to 'tip' just because I had to go to the restroom and wash my hands.
Im sure Kamali needs a dollar so yes