Author Topic: Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back !  (Read 5579 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obama Administration Stabs Gun Owners in the Back !
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 05:52:17 PM »
You just made those numbers up.

I saw the Bush presidency as the best. time. ever. to buy guns!

You could buy anything online.
Online pricing made for buyer's advantage.
Rifles were dirt cheap.  handguns were dirt cheap.
Ammo was dirt cheap.

It rocked.  And we all should have seen from the 1992 economy/war lesson that there was no way a Bush could defeat an inexperienced upstart chanting change.  And we all should have known it would cost more for guns for 4 to 8 years.  And in 2016, Pres Repub will win.  And gun manufacturers will start flooding the market like we saw in 2004.
the number where of course made up it was to make a point, challange the concept...
very nice side step as usual you didnt address the point

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 05:53:44 PM »
You just made those numbers up.

I saw the Bush presidency as the best. time. ever. to buy guns!

You could buy anything online.
Online pricing made for buyer's advantage.
Rifles were dirt cheap.  handguns were dirt cheap.
Ammo was dirt cheap.

It rocked.  And we all should have seen from the 1992 economy/war lesson that there was no way a Bush could defeat an inexperienced upstart chanting change.  And we all should have known it would cost more for guns for 4 to 8 years.  And in 2016, Pres Repub will win.  And gun manufacturers will start flooding the market like we saw in 2004.
yeah.
Bush really rocked.
Super on economic issues. 8)
As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »
yeah.
Bush really rocked.
Super on economic issues. 8)

lol  ;D
S

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2009, 06:27:07 AM »
very true, ppl where yelling about something like this for a while now its simply horse shit fellas

Like ive said you guys need to reload your own shit, its not that complicated and it saves you money to boot especially in times like these and the future with barry in office.

I have been trying to learn to get into reloading as I know it's much cheaper.  The thing is, decent reloading equipment to get started are expensive and is also harder to find like factory ammo.  Have any ideas where I can get some equipment to start?

Ammunition stored in a cool dry place will stay viable for DECADES.  I have read many stories where people took some old WWII surplus from their grand dad and it shot, and was accurate ammo.  You can actually still buy howitzer artillery shells. 

Hedge...ammo prices are way up compared to two years ago. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2009, 08:43:52 AM »
Hedge...ammo prices are way up compared to two years ago. 
Ok.
You seem to know the market.
What do you think are the reasons for the prices going up?
As empty as paradise

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 09:25:48 AM »
Ok.

There has been a complete run on ammo by people fearful of bans and laser encoding schemes.. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 09:42:44 AM »
Ok.

1.  Metal prices went up late last year, especially copper; people forget that part.

2.  Panic buying of unprepared sheeple.

3. The current administration being the best salesmen for the gun/ammo industry.  Gun stores are loving Obama right now, regardless of the McCain stickers all over the store.   ;D

From just what I see the panic buying and prices are starting to come down.  Ammo and guns are slowly becoming more available and cheaper. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 09:44:48 AM »
1.  Metal prices went up late last year, especially copper; people forget that part.

2.  Panic buying of unprepared sheeple.

3. The current administration being the best salesmen for the gun/ammo industry.  Gun stores are loving Obama right now, regardless of the McCain stickers all over the store.   ;D

From just what I see the panic buying and prices are starting to come down.  Ammo and guns are slowly becoming more available and cheaper. 

I still cant find 7.62 x 39

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 09:48:01 AM »

My walmart has plenty.  My local gun store has a pile of 32s when they had zero a few weeks back.

Guns are coming back - dumpling was right about that.  The panic buying was probably egged on by the store owners... "I see you looking at that AK, mister, you may want to buy it up.  Obama takes the oath in a week and those will be banned in week one".   etc etc.

And sure enough, we saw 4 or 5 getbiggers bragging about the overpriced guns and ammo they bought in Jan/Feb.  Geez.  People really are that predictable.  Intelligent buyers stocked up last year, and will replenish as needed once summer rolls around and this buying frenzy has ended, as it seems to be doing now.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 11:11:35 AM »
just about everything AK related has been sucked up and the price sky rocketed, a buddy of mine picked up an AK at a gun show for 1000  :o now i havent seen it and he says its some special type or something iono i think he got ripped off personally that just seems like a shit load of money for an AK i know there are some out there for that much but there are some out there for 600 or so too.

Dumpling Ill ask my pops where he got his stuff from I guess it depends on how sophisticated you want it. The reloading equipment he has is all pretty low tech and manual but it gets the shit done...Ill pm you when i find out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 11:16:24 AM »
just about everything AK related has been sucked up and the price sky rocketed, a buddy of mine picked up an AK at a gun show for 1000  :o now i havent seen it and he says its some special type or something iono i think he got ripped off personally that just seems like a shit load of money for an AK i know there are some out there for that much but there are some out there for 600 or so too.

Dumpling Ill ask my pops where he got his stuff from I guess it depends on how sophisticated you want it. The reloading equipment he has is all pretty low tech and manual but it gets the shit done...Ill pm you when i find out.

I just got an ak for $575.00 but am having a hard time finding ammo.

From what i understand, an Arsenal or Lancaster AK is worth 1k. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 11:23:53 AM »
I just got an ak for $575.00 but am having a hard time finding ammo.

From what i understand, an Arsenal or Lancaster AK is worth 1k. 
Ya i hear ak ammo is drying up a little down here too still can find it but you might have to make two or three stops.

i havent really looked into an AK for a few years ive always wanted one though so im not even sure of the difference, if its not quality/durability which i mean lets be honest was never really a problem with AK's to begin with iono what the difference is...iono i just think for 1 grand there are alot of other guns id rather have then an AK.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 11:27:17 AM »
Ya i hear ak ammo is drying up a little down here too still can find it but you might have to make two or three stops.

i havent really looked into an AK for a few years ive always wanted one though so im not even sure of the difference, if its not quality/durability which i mean lets be honest was never really a problem with AK's to begin with iono what the difference is...iono i just think for 1 grand there are alot of other guns id rather have then an AK.

I already have an AR15, but wanted an AK as well.  .223 is easier to get than 7.62 x 39 ammo. 

I think the only thing left for my collection is a remington 700 as I have my other bases covered. 

Through it all, I still love my Ruger 10/22.  Great little rifle!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 11:29:02 AM »
just keep looking, guys.  In SW FL, it was very dry until about 2 weeks ago.  The store owners were certainly being a tad over-dramatic, and it helped their sales, no doubt.  They were selling AKs for over 1,000... which only a fool would pay.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2009, 11:36:01 AM »
just keep looking, guys.  In SW FL, it was very dry until about 2 weeks ago.  The store owners were certainly being a tad over-dramatic, and it helped their sales, no doubt.  They were selling AKs for over 1,000... which only a fool would pay.

You cant get an ak in NY right now.  I waited for months and months.  I waited almost 4 months for a G26 sonce Glock is on backorder by over 200k weapons.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »
I already have an AR15, but wanted an AK as well.  .223 is easier to get than 7.62 x 39 ammo. 

I think the only thing left for my collection is a remington 700 as I have my other bases covered. 

Through it all, I still love my Ruger 10/22.  Great little rifle!
for sure, you ever think of buying surplus shit? i mean if you cant find any at all

i have smith and wesson i bolt but will probably end up buying a 700 down the road, actually i know i will sooner or later...The ibolt is a decent gun though and usually a 100 to a few hundred less then the 700.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2009, 11:42:40 AM »
You cant get an ak in NY right now.  I waited for months and months.  I waited almost 4 months for a G26 sonce Glock is on backorder by over 200k weapons.

yeah... NY was a whiny bitch lib state to begin with, remember?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2009, 11:46:58 AM »
yeah... NY was a whiny bitch lib state to begin with, remember?

My state is a liberal communist dictatorship.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2009, 11:59:21 AM »
My state is a liberal communist dictatorship.

ahahahahahahah

dude, you guys elected pataki, rudy, hilary... yeah, it's lib central.

although i think that gun-toting female who took hilary's seat is going to be a major player in the future... she's way more moderate than most of the left-wing dingbats like Rudy or Hilary who come to the national stage.

And yes, rudy was a lib too.  20 years of being a pro-illegal, anti-gun lib, then 911 rolls around and he changes parties out of political convience and the power of fearmongering.  Almost worked.

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2009, 02:17:19 PM »