Author Topic: Kings of Leon: Another Band I Don't Get  (Read 7234 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: Kings of Leon: Another Band I Don't Get
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2009, 08:57:00 PM »
the song he did with estelle was a pretty great pop song, but I think kanye is a douche.  talented producer for sure, but a douche.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2009, 08:57:36 PM »
not many guys who produced so many great beats

Pretty much just Dr. Dre, Dj. Premier, and maybe Rza.  Kanye is definitely incredible.  

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »
the song he did with estelle was a pretty great pop song, but I think kanye is a douche.  talented producer for sure, but a douche.

he is a big douche...remember this fucker cried like a bitch when he didn't win the best video award

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2009, 08:59:04 PM »
Rap sucks.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2009, 09:00:30 PM »
Rap sucks.

mainstream rap sucks, agreed.  the non pop rap scene is pretty damn good.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2009, 09:01:07 PM »
Rap sucks.

for me metal sucks so what?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »
mainstream rap sucks, agreed.  the non pop rap scene is pretty damn good.
I wouldn't know. I gave up on rap in the late 80's early 90's, anything after that is junk.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2009, 09:03:48 PM »
ok, but mos def, talib kweili, and common are not amazingly fast, but they have badass beats and lyrics, is that skilled in your mind or do they not "spit it" quick enough for your tastes.  or what about dell the funky homo sapien?

Del is way under appreciated.  He is one of the few guys it is impossible to rap along with.  A flow unlike any other.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
So you are a jungle bunny wana be?  ???

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2009, 09:08:32 PM »
You're brown, your opinion doesn't matter.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2009, 09:09:25 PM »
So you are a jungle bunny wana be?  ???

i would love to respond but my english is not good enough to understand this slang

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2009, 09:10:42 PM »
Del is way under appreciated.  He is one of the few guys it is impossible to rap along with.  A flow unlike any other.
Like that "Snow" guy ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2009, 09:10:48 PM »
i would love to respond but my english is not good enough to understand this slang

He's just being an idiot.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »
You're brown, your opinion doesn't matter.

oh boy,after your death on getbig you should not say something like this

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2009, 09:11:54 PM »
Like that "Snow" guy ???

As in del the funky homosapien.  From gorillaz, hieroglyphics, souls of mischief.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2009, 09:12:51 PM »

oh boy,after your death on getbig you should not say something like this
I'm dead  ???

Shit. :(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2009, 09:14:01 PM »
I wouldn't know. I gave up on rap in the late 80's early 90's, anything after that is junk.

In the 90's the music industry started a new form of marketing with rap.  as opposed to marketing an artist, they started marketing a lifestyle to justify the actions of the poor (relatively) black community.  They knew that rich, white kids parents would rail against the music, and that would drive up sales.  It was perfect.  It led to offensive, bad rap coming out in great quantities.  for instance, most rappers today (that are famous) make more money from ring tones than albums sales or radio spins.  telling, no?  A similar marketing technique has happened to country music.  Once the Nashville sound took over in the mid 80, they started marketing the red neck lifestyle to justify the anti liberal movement of the south.  The true country greats, like waylon, buck, cash, willie, merle, were not singing songs about the american flag and terrorists. they sang about the people, the land, the country, and it's problems, not to mention, tons of sunstance abuse. Now, we have most of america thinking country music is terrible, which, on a popular level, is entirely true.  the music industry has a massive amount of power on pop culture, most people just don't realize it.

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2009, 09:17:25 PM »
In the 90's the music industry started a new form of marketing with rap.  as opposed to marketing an artist, they started marketing a lifestyle to justify the actions of the poor (relatively) black community.  They knew that rich, white kids parents would rail against the music, and that would drive up sales.  It was perfect.  It led to offensive, bad rap coming out in great quantities.  for instance, most rappers today (that are famous) make more money from ring tones than albums sales or radio spins.  telling, no?  A similar marketing technique has happened to country music.  Once the Nashville sound took over in the mid 80, they started marketing the red neck lifestyle to justify the anti liberal movement of the south.  The true country greats, like waylon, buck, cash, willie, merle, were not singing songs about the american flag and terrorists. they sang about the people, the land, the country, and it's problems, not to mention, tons of sunstance abuse. Now, we have most of america thinking country music is terrible, which, on a popular level, is entirely true.  the music industry has a massive amount of power on pop culture, most people just don't realize it.

That's pretty interesting/true.  Where did you here that?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »
Is this good rap ???

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

SuperNatural

• Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2009, 09:22:04 PM »
Yes

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2009, 09:23:10 PM »
Yes
Trying to find a version that works, embedding is disabled by everyone, WTF? >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2009, 09:26:47 PM »
;D

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »
a lot of the best are self taught.
A

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2009, 09:30:48 PM »
That's pretty interesting/true.  Where did you here that?

Well, I'm a musician, singer/songwriter/multi instrumentalist, and I have done extensive research on the marketing strategies employed by various artists and labels, and came to these conclusions on my own (but I am not alone in these thoughts).  When I finish my BA, I'm going to get a masters and do my thesis on post modernism and the marketing of pop music.  Also, I'm hoping to bypass that next step in education for a few years and write a song that gets me famous... OR release that song to another famous musician and reap the monetary gains i would make as composer to make my education expenses much easier.  I currently have one song being looked at by an up and coming taylor swift carbon copy.  It only takes one song to get you into the exclusive circle, so that's my hope (like katy perry, she allowed kelly clarkson to use a song, and someone else, and BAM once they hear of that, your in.  in her case, she's hot, so she's a pop star easy).  Yes, I do realize my  hypocrisy of railing against the lame practices of the industry, yet trying to get into that industry.  I'm not trying to fight a war, i'm trying to make some money and have fun doing it. oh well.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2009, 11:08:52 PM »
Well, I'm a musician, singer/songwriter/multi instrumentalist, and I have done extensive research on the marketing strategies employed by various artists and labels, and came to these conclusions on my own (but I am not alone in these thoughts).  When I finish my BA, I'm going to get a masters and do my thesis on post modernism and the marketing of pop music.  Also, I'm hoping to bypass that next step in education for a few years and write a song that gets me famous... OR release that song to another famous musician and reap the monetary gains i would make as composer to make my education expenses much easier.  I currently have one song being looked at by an up and coming taylor swift carbon copy.  It only takes one song to get you into the exclusive circle, so that's my hope (like katy perry, she allowed kelly clarkson to use a song, and someone else, and BAM once they hear of that, your in.  in her case, she's hot, so she's a pop star easy).  Yes, I do realize my  hypocrisy of railing against the lame practices of the industry, yet trying to get into that industry.  I'm not trying to fight a war, i'm trying to make some money and have fun doing it. oh well.

good luck bro,you seem to be very intelligent