Author Topic: Any Religious People Here?  (Read 20134 times)

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
Re: Any Religious People Here?
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 05:53:09 PM »
I only watched the first few questions and I have a question.....  where is he getting "The earth is 6000 years old.  The universe is 6000 years old?"   

I see he has entitled the video "Are Christians Stupid?"  The viewer would infer that he indicates that the bible states that the earth and universe are 6000 years old.

This is nowhere found in the bible that I have read.

Does he give a scripture for this?

Good call

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 05:55:11 PM »
I only watched the first few questions and I have a question.....  where is he getting "The earth is 6000 years old.  The universe is 6000 years old?"   

I see he has entitled the video "Are Christians Stupid?"  The viewer would infer that he indicates that the bible states that the earth and universe are 6000 years old.

Not scripture per sa young Earth creationist tend to feel that based on genealogies and other dates in the bible the Earth is around 6-10 thousand years old , people actually believe this shit despite all the evidence to the contrary

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »
Not scripture per sa young Earth creationist tend to feel that based on genealogies and other dates in the bible the Earth is around 6-10 thousand years old , people actually believe this shit despite all the evidence to the contrary
Good call

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »

Obviously this picture proves God does exist. If you dont believe in God you must of course be a swashbuckler!
X

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 06:01:42 PM »

Obviously this picture proves God does exist. If you dont believe in God you must of course be a swashbuckler!

lmfao

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »

Good call

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2009, 06:02:50 PM »
You have much more patience than me, when I saw this thread it already got me irritated knowing the comments that will be made. I stay out of these now. I only came on here because of your voice of reason.

I read your post and decided I should watch the whole video.  This guy also claims that the Pope is "God's butler" or something as though the Pope is some type of representative for God and even indicates that the Pope is a Christian.  Neither of these is necessarily established in scripture.

He states that the Pope is against condoms ...ie: birth control...which is also never established in scripture as an all-encompassing desire from God.  The 2 times God told people to be fruitful and multiply there were 2 and 8 people on the face of the earth, respectively, right?

If this dude likes to snap his head around and make little air-quotes, it'd be nice is he didn't seem to just regurgitate stuff he thinks is in the bible and scriptural but to research it a little first.
R

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 06:05:04 PM »
I read your post and decided I should watch the whole video.  This guy also claims that the Pope is "God's butler" or something as though the Pope is some type of representative for God and even indicates that the Pope is a Christian.  Neither of these is necessarily established in scripture.

He states that the Pope is against condoms ...ie: birth control...which is also never established in scripture as an all-encompassing desire from God.  The 2 times God told people to be fruitful and multiply there were 2 and 8 people on the face of the earth, respectively, right?

If this dude likes to snap his head around and make little air-quotes, it'd be nice is he didn't seem to just regurgitate stuff he thinks is in the bible and scriptural but to research it a little first.

Good call

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2009, 06:08:15 PM »

Geneologies don't indicate the age of the Earth/universe.....although I def. understand the mistake as I used to subscribe to that.

The bible does not indicate an age for the earth/universe...but imo, it does indicate and age for life...which yes, is young. 

And as for "evidence to the contrary," there are flaws in carbon dating and the geological column, etc.

I think I've seen 240 say that diff. people have faith in what they think is right.  I agree w/him.  It's faith on both sides.

R

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2009, 06:09:12 PM »

He's railing against what God's spokes people are saying God wants and what he doesn't want in essence religion , the old adage applies if there really was a God there would be no reason for religion .

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2009, 06:09:31 PM »
Good call
LOL I'm liking Drama Queen more w/every post ;D
R

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2009, 06:15:40 PM »
He's railing against what God's spokes people are saying God wants and what he doesn't want in essence religion , the old adage applies if there really was a God there would be no reason for religion .

I think God hates human organized "religion."  It can be devisive.  And if the guy in the vid is attacking that, then rightly so....but it seems to me the guy in the vid is ALSO attacking Bible scripture and that he doesn't understand it.

The God of the  bible is about a RELATIONSHIP with Him...not a RELIGION of certain rituals, works, etc.  The bible says we are "Saved by Grace through faith, and NOT OF WORKS, so that NO ONE can boast."  Eph 2:8,9.
R

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2009, 06:19:46 PM »
Geneologies don't indicate the age of the Earth/universe.....although I def. understand the mistake as I used to subscribe to that.

The bible does not indicate an age for the earth/universe...but imo, it does indicate and age for life...which yes, is young. 

And as for "evidence to the contrary," there are flaws in column dating and the geological column, etc.

I think I've seen 240 say that diff. people have faith in what they think is right.  I agree w/him.  It's faith on both sides.

The evidence on the secular side isn't flawed nor does it require faith , that's propaganda from the apologists , they deny the age of the universe , evolution , etc , that's their job to create problems they somehow think this helps their case which it doesn't . anyone who thinks the scientific method requires faith needs to learn more on how scientific evidence is established and what it takes to become a theory and survive the scrutiny of a peer review

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2009, 06:30:57 PM »
The evidence on the secular side isn't flawed nor does it require faith , that's propaganda from the apologists , they deny the age of the universe , evolution , etc , that's their job to create problems they somehow think this helps their case which it doesn't . anyone who thinks the scientific method requires faith needs to learn more on how scientific evidence is established and what it takes to become a theory and survive the scrutiny of a peer review

Can you tell me why you think carbon dating and the geological column are not flawed?
R

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2009, 06:35:34 PM »

qft

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2009, 06:37:56 PM »
Can you tell me why you think carbon dating and the geological column are not flawed?

And you think the alternative fairy tales from the Middle East aren't flawed?  ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »

I could tell you but in all honesty I don't have the desire there are more to determining the age of the Earth and the Universe than these methods and it's the convergence of ALL of the evidence that is damning , I mean no faith required

The creationist can't reconcile star light which really damns any claim to a young Earth but then again anything that contradicts the bible is wrong

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2009, 06:51:31 PM »
I could tell you but in all honesty I don't have the desire there are more to determining the age of the Earth and the Universe than these methods and it's the convergence of ALL of the evidence that is damning , I mean no faith required

That's fine.  Is your evidence mathematical?  If so and you have a link, I would like to research it.

The creationist can't reconcile star light which really damns any claim to a young Earth but then again anything that contradicts the bible is wrong

OK, remember that I don't have any problem w/an Old Earth view and neither does the bible? 

So you get that not all creationists necessarily believe in a YOUNG EARTH right?

R

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
Those who claim "literal" interpretation are the most mislead of all.

this is practically all religious people.  yes, religious people are mislead.  i'm not sure if this includes you as well.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2009, 07:01:41 PM »
That's fine.  Is your evidence mathematical?  If so and you have a link, I would like to research it.

OK, remember that I don't have any problem w/an Old Earth view and neither does the bible? 

So you get that not all creationists necessarily believe in a YOUNG EARTH right?

Most of the evidence I read is in books not online and yes I understand some creationists don't buy a young earth but the majority do hence the title creationist not only do they believe in a young earth most deny outright evolution  ???

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2009, 07:06:23 PM »
DAWG

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2009, 07:07:07 PM »
Religion is for lost souls.

And recovering drug addicts.

And for people in prison.
FOR THOSE OUT OF CONTROL

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2009, 08:10:47 PM »
Yeah, and this guy believes we came from monkeys?

Dumbass.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2009, 08:12:57 PM »

Based on adding up the "Begats" in Genesis.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2009, 08:14:02 PM »
Good call

I think you might be broken.