Author Topic: Administration Seeks Increase in Oversight of Executive Pay  (Read 2865 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Administration Seeks Increase in Oversight of Executive Pay
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 10:56:24 AM »
I agree and in a lot of these companies the board of directors are largely ceremonial positions. 

more like a gang of cronies who all sit on each others boards and award each other big chunks of profit that should be going to the shareholders. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 11:09:04 AM »
more like a gang of cronies who all sit on each others boards and award each other big chunks of profit that should be going to the shareholders. 

I said in another thread, I quit my job early on in a law firm and went on my own because I hate corporate america and all the pc fake phony garbage.

Being a well-paid slave to a corporate master is not my cup of tea.

Remember that movie - "The Firm"????

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 12:45:25 PM »
Any company's survival in our capitalist economy is subject to the requisite of making a profit. No profit = bankruptcy. Furthermore, there's only two ways to increase profits: increase production or increase prices. The later is not a desireable option because it increases inflation, which has a negative effect on the economy as a whole. So we're left with increasing production. If this holds true, doesn't it make sense, under our capitalist system, to reward those who produce the most, not necessarily the ones that are ranked highest in the corporate ladder?