Author Topic: How would one know if one is metabolically dysfunctional?  (Read 1377 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: How would one know if one is metabolically dysfunctional?
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 03:44:07 AM »
Well how about this then........instead of trying some approach most don't do, use the tried and trusted method.  ::)

Lower your cals, low carb, resistance training 3-4 x week and cardio most days (morning, PWO, HIIT, low intensity.......whatever)

Why do you constantly over complicate/over analyse everything? Man up and just do it.....stop looking for excuses.

I never said cardio doesn't work. However, it doesn't work better than lowering calories for body composition. It's all a matter of convenience. The problem is that the "tried and trusted" methods are so inconvenient for some people that they set them up for failure. For others it's the other way round. I just try to separate the essential factors from convenience factors.

If Deicide already knows a method that works for him, I wouldn't change it either. I was under the impression that he was struggling with the conventional methods he already tried.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 03:48:42 AM »
Actually I haven't done any cardio. I have been trying the wavelength/adonis thing with just watching calories. I guess it only sort of works. Mayeb you do need cardio to just start the body/metabolism into getting rid of the fat? ???
:D :D :D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 03:51:13 AM »
actually, watching calories is not what I do, I only watch protein intake and rate of weight change

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 03:55:05 AM »
I never said cardio doesn't work. However, it doesn't work better than lowering calories for body composition. It's all a matter of convenience. The problem is that the "tried and trusted" methods are so inconvenient for some people that they set them up for failure. For others it's the other way round. I just try to separate the essential factors from convenience factors.

If Deicide already knows a method that works for him, I wouldn't change it either. I was under the impression that he was struggling with the conventional methods he already tried.

I agree to an extent with what you are saying. Dieting by the means of solely lowering your cals and that is it would obviously be easier, but imo that doesn't make it better.

I'd rather go the "tried and trusted" method simply because it is the healthier approach. Cardio is needed for optimal health. And there are more benefits to cardio than just "burning fat/cals/expending energy"

But then again, this is bb'ing, so health takes a back seat it seems.....
No doubt about it...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 04:01:50 AM »
I agree to an extent with what you are saying. Dieting by the means of solely lowering your cals and that is it would obviously be easier, but imo that doesn't make it better.

I'd rather go the "tried and trusted" method simply because it is the healthier approach. Cardio is needed for optimal health. And there are more benefits to cardio than just "burning fat/cals/expending energy"

But then again, this is bb'ing, so health takes a back seat it seems.....

I don't think health takes a back seat, but the goal of optimal health must be separated from the goal of optimal body composition. For the purpose of body composition, cardio is not superior to lowering calories as long as rate of weight change is the same. At least that's my experience. If cardio actually improves health if done on top of intense anaerobic training, is questionable. It has the benefit of increased aerobic fitness (depending on the type of cardio), that's for sure.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 04:17:14 AM »
I don't think health takes a back seat, but the goal of optimal health must be separated from the goal of optimal body composition. For the purpose of body composition, cardio is not superior to lowering calories as long as rate of weight change is the same. At least that's my experience. If cardio actually improves health if done on top of intense anaerobic training, is questionable. It has the benefit of increased aerobic fitness (depending on the type of cardio), that's for sure.

I think the argument for cardio is simple; as you continually lower your calories your metabolism slows down; cardio, indeed any exercise keeps it auf Trab so to speak, in order to der Verlangsamung entgegenwirken.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2009, 04:22:32 AM »
I think the argument for cardio is simple; as you continually lower your calories your metabolism slows down; cardio, indeed any exercise keeps it auf Trab so to speak, in order to der Verlangsamung entgegenwirken.

Possible but not relevant for body composition. The bottom line is that you can eat more when doing cardio and while maintaining the same rate of weight loss. Cardio would only have a real advantage if your body composition would improve while on this same rate (of weight loss), which I don't think is true. But as I said, for many people it is more convenient to eat more and do cardio. For me it is not.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2009, 04:24:10 AM »
Possible but not relevant for body composition. The bottom line is that you can eat more when doing cardio and while maintaining the same rate of weight loss. Cardio would only have a real advantage if your body composition would improve while on this same rate (of weight loss), which I don't think is true. But as I said, for many people it is more convenient to eat more and do cardio. For me it is not.

One shoe doesn't fit all; I think EVEN you have to admit THAT.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2009, 05:56:26 AM »
One shoe doesn't fit all; I think EVEN you have to admit THAT.

As I said, if you already have a working method, why change it?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2009, 06:08:42 AM »
As I said, if you already have a working method, why change it?

Ich hab bisher nicht den richtigen Weg fuer mich selbst gefunden. Ich bin immer noch am Ausprobieren. Dieses Mal mache ich einen Monat mit Ausdauer, etwas mehr Kalorien, usw.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2009, 06:11:50 AM »
Ich hab bisher nicht den richtigen Weg fuer mich selbst gefunden. Ich bin immer noch am Ausprobieren. Dieses Mal mache ich einen Monat mit Ausdauer, etwas mehr Kalorien, usw.

Dann viel Glück! :)