Author Topic: Discontinued protein/supps that you miss..  (Read 10280 times)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
Discontinued protein/supps that you miss..
« on: March 24, 2009, 10:58:04 PM »
For me it's gotta be the OLD original Met-Rx pouches, berry blast I think the flavor was, this was in the mid - late 90's, afterwards they started fucking with the formula and killed it completely, but in the beginning that stuff was the most addictive thing ever.

Meso-Tech was another great and well priced product that (to my knowledge) has been discontinued as of late.

and another oldie but goodie, Weider's Creatine ATP <--- the only creatine that ever did anything for me.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Discontinued protein/supps that you miss..
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 07:46:09 AM »
ULTIMATE FUCKING ORANGE!!!!!

I swear that was the best supp ever.  It jacked you up like a mofo.  Probably had 500 mg caffeine, 200 mg ephedrine per serving.  I would feel like superman in the gym.

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 08:08:56 AM »
SportPharma's Nutriforce MRP - 42g protein, 20g carbs, +5g Creatine and when mixed with skim milk tasted as close to a chocolate milkshake as I've ever experienced!  I was seriously heartbroken when they discontinued that stuff!

Oh, and it was way cheaper than most of the "top brand" MRP's at the time...

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 01:01:05 PM »
USN`s pure protien, had 40 gms protein per serving (2 scoops ) had 8 gm glutamine and 0.4gms of mct`s , mixed well with water, had good results out of it.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 01:42:39 PM »

1). Ultimate Orange. Most amazing supplement ever!

2). MHP's T-Bomb. (Original) or the original Animal TEST.

3). Animal Cuts. (Original)

4). Sports Pharma Actysyn MRP. 46g of whey, egg and milk with 24g of carbs and 3g of creatine per packet. Amazing taste.

- Block!
?

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 05:28:15 PM »
For me it's gotta be the OLD original Met-Rx pouches, berry blast I think the flavor was, this was in the mid - late 90's, afterwards they started fucking with the formula and killed it completely, but in the beginning that stuff was the most addictive thing ever.

Looks like I'm not the only one that misses the old Met-Rx.  I believe when Dr. Connelly sold the product/company is when the formula changed and just became like any other protein.  I used to like the Met-Rx with HMB.  I swear by that product and I find the HMB capsules completly useless. 

I also miss any fatburner with ephedrine!!!  I'm talking real ephedra from MaHuang, not the synthetic stuff that is sold today.  Used to work great when my shift would start at 5am!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »
Looks like I'm not the only one that misses the old Met-Rx.  I believe when Dr. Connelly sold the product/company is when the formula changed and just became like any other protein.  I used to like the Met-Rx with HMB.  I swear by that product and I find the HMB capsules completly useless. 

I also miss any fatburner with ephedrine!!!  I'm talking real ephedra from MaHuang, not the synthetic stuff that is sold today.  Used to work great when my shift would start at 5am!

I think that's right around the time it happened, yeah...  you're right on the ephedra also, the synthetic ones don't have the same kick that the ma huang ones did.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2009, 02:31:04 AM »
Legal Gear's Methyl One Test,  The original VPX Liquid Clembutrix,  and the Original Ansi Thermo drinks.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »

1). Ultimate Orange. Most amazing supplement ever!

2). MHP's T-Bomb. (Original) or the original Animal TEST.

3). Animal Cuts. (Original)

4). Sports Pharma Actysyn MRP. 46g of whey, egg and milk with 24g of carbs and 3g of creatine per packet. Amazing taste.

- Block!

Wasn't Ultimate Orange the BOMB.  I knew some dudes that would wash back a couple ephedrine pills with that and were jacked to high hell.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2009, 11:26:51 AM »

I definitely miss MuscleTech’s Nitro-Tech Fruit Punch and Grape-flavored RTDs. They were all whey protein and tasted terrific. So did the Meso-Tech MRPs (before they switched the formula, replacing the regular whey protein with Nitro-Tech).

Now, the latest incarnation is called “Meso-Tech Complete”. I’ve yet to try that one.

Of course, the caveat was that I got a lot of these supplements DIRT CHEAP, as they were marked down for clearance. The aforementioned NITRO-TECH RTDs came in packs of 4 for $4.

The Meso-Tech boxes were as little as $10 each. Acetabolan wasn’t that cheap, until Acetabolan-II hit the shelved; then it went for about $12.

Perfect 1100 Weight Gainer, by Nature's Best, was an oldie-but-goodie.

And, there's still a part of me that missed GNC's old Challenge Milk-and-Egg protein powder (always "Buy One; Get One 50% off" ;D ).

Here's another old-school product: Cybergenics Infiniti 3000. It was that company's weight gainer that was really high in protein for the time (although most of that was soy). That product didn't really get anyone's attention, until Cybergenics got cute and came up with nine "designer" flavors. One of which I got to try was "Blueberry Cheesecake". That was rather weird, especially since I wasn't used to consuming purple protein powder. Again, I got that on clearance at my gym's supplement shop.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2009, 12:14:38 PM »
Anybody remember Muscletech's weight gainer ?!!? it was surprisingly good, really well made with quality ingredients, unlike all the other shit that's 90% sugar this one was full of complex carbs, maybe about 4-5 years ago ?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
There was this old supplement.  Tiger something.  It came in a tub.  This shit made my nipples puff and get real sensitive.  It probably had some anabolic mixed in.

Also I loved vanadyl sulfate.  Sports pharma.  My vascularity was killer.  But have you ever smelled a vanadyl fart?  Killer.

I loved this fizongen on/off cycle shit first generation.  Again a "legal steroid"  lol.  I put on about 30 pounds.  I think it was just straight Dbol. 

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2009, 02:44:24 PM »
Anybody remember Muscletech's weight gainer ?!!? it was surprisingly good, really well made with quality ingredients, unlike all the other shit that's 90% sugar this one was full of complex carbs, maybe about 4-5 years ago ?

mass-tech?

i really miss the old chocolate chip cookie dough met-rx bars

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2009, 03:39:01 PM »

When did Mass-Tech get discontinued?

That's the only weight gainer that MuscleTech has produced.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2009, 04:47:02 PM »
ultimate orange  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
i still have blood pressure  ;D

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »
I definitely miss MuscleTech’s Nitro-Tech Fruit Punch and Grape-flavored RTDs. They were all whey protein and tasted terrific. So did the Meso-Tech MRPs (before they switched the formula, replacing the regular whey protein with Nitro-Tech).

Now, the latest incarnation is called “Meso-Tech Complete”. I’ve yet to try that one.

Of course, the caveat was that I got a lot of these supplements DIRT CHEAP, as they were marked down for clearance. The aforementioned NITRO-TECH RTDs came in packs of 4 for $4.

The Meso-Tech boxes were as little as $10 each. Acetabolan wasn’t that cheap, until Acetabolan-II hit the shelved; then it went for about $12.

Perfect 1100 Weight Gainer, by Nature's Best, was an oldie-but-goodie.

And, there's still a part of me that missed GNC's old Challenge Milk-and-Egg protein powder (always "Buy One; Get One 50% off" ;D ).

Here's another old-school product: Cybergenics Infiniti 3000. It was that company's weight gainer that was really high in protein for the time (although most of that was soy). That product didn't really get anyone's attention, until Cybergenics got cute and came up with nine "designer" flavors. One of which I got to try was "Blueberry Cheesecake". That was rather weird, especially since I wasn't used to consuming purple protein powder. Again, I got that on clearance at my gym's supplement shop.

I forgot all about the Cybergenic 3000 Weight Gainer.  I wish I could remember the flavor but I remember they had some pretty freaky ones. 

I worked at GNC during college and I do remember the Milk and Egg powder by Challenge which was one of GNC's brands. 

Also one that i can't say I miss but I remember it was one of the first supplements I used:  Lee Haney's Mass Fuel Kit:

Those bars in the kit were pretty tough to eat I remember.

mental_masturbator

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2009, 03:44:16 AM »
Twinlab's Hydra Fuel was a pretty good, cheap sports drink that seemed to work well for me but is now no longer of this world.  I can't find a decent sports drink these days that doesn't contain artificial sweeteners or other miscellaneous crap (gums, herbs, sucrose, etc) these days..*sigh*

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2009, 03:47:50 AM »
Ultimate orange and andro. ahhh those were the days  :'(
P

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »
Kamali's Orange powder.  LOL

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 08:15:08 AM »
"Powdered" Joint Fuel from twin lab back in the day.

Used to come in a black tub if i'm not mistaken with orange or yellow writing on the label. Had sort of an orange flavor to it.

I used to use that all the time years ago when I got into lifting and moving from middle to high school to help my joints out and all.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 08:25:48 AM »
YES! it was MASS-TECH, that stuff was legit, well made with good clean ingredients, great sources of carbs inside. I haven't seen it around in years, was a great product. And I do remember the cookies n creme Met-RX bars! YUM!!!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »
I miss the "old" pre-ban Ripped Fuel Extreme.  :'(

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »
I miss the "old" pre-ban Ripped Fuel Extreme.  :'(

That's what the original hydroxycut was a ripoff of, the original ripped fuel, lol
good way to become a multi millionaire, steal someone else's formula and call it your own.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2009, 02:16:33 PM »
The first supplement I ever used was Betagen by EAS, shit made me strong as hell..I think it was creatine/glutamine/HMB and some other shit. I also miss the original Ripped Fuel, I used to pop one of those before writing a big paper, or pulling an all nighter in college to study for finals, shit would keep me up for atleast a day, I remember one time I finished a paper early and I had so much energy that I couldn't sleep..it was like 4am, so I just started doing push ups all night lol, my freshman roomate was scared as hell of me lol..thought I was a nut-job. ;D

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 02:49:00 PM »

yes, about 3-4 years ago....one of my first protein powders, great taste too and professional looking.