Author Topic: Individual rights vs. Public Order advocate  (Read 10671 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Individual rights vs. Public Order advocate
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
In order to exercise your individual rights without being killed, silenced, ostracized or intimdated for doing so- You need a system of public order. Ideally, the constitution and our laws allow this. Without them, I can react to your individual right to express yourself, by exercising my individual right to stab you to death and set your house on fire. Or, I could react by firing you from your job, etc. Of course, nothing is absolute and the system can temper individual rights. This is necessary as well.

I believe that the "system" should be invoked only when necessary. In general, overreliance on the system is a bad thing. I'd probably arrange it 60%- 70% individual, 30%-40% system of public order.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 08:09:40 AM »
It's a no brainer. Individual rights.

In my opinion "public order" is just another term for left and right-wing fascism.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2009, 08:49:48 AM »
In order to exercise your individual rights without being killed, silenced, ostracized or intimdated for doing so- You need a system of public order. Ideally, the constitution and our laws allow this. Without them, I can react to your individual right to express yourself, by exercising my individual right to stab you to death and set your house on fire. Or, I could react by firing you from your job, etc. Of course, nothing is absolute and the system can temper individual rights. This is necessary as well.

I believe that the "system" should be invoked only when necessary. In general, overreliance on the system is a bad thing. I'd probably arrange it 60%- 70% individual, 30%-40% system of public order.

Thats the thing. Individual Rights doesn't mean you can do WHATEVER you want. As I already mentioned those rights come with responsibilities and respect for other peoples rights.

I don't believe it's laws that outline public order that stop individuals from behaving like animals as much as  it's a natural  understanding that it's wrong to do so, more than anything. The overwhelming majority of people just want to be left alone and leave others alone. Groups that push public order tend to  creat conflict between other groups, not order.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »
Individual Rights are everything. 

Public order is just code for "Deterrent to Individual Rights".
S

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2009, 09:40:16 AM »
Individual Rights are everything. 

Public order is just code for "Deterrent to Individual Rights".

LOL @ the "artist formerly known as Ron Paul Fan".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »
Thats the thing. Individual Rights doesn't mean you can do WHATEVER you want. As I already mentioned those rights come with responsibilities and respect for other peoples rights.

I don't believe it's laws that outline public order that stop individuals from behaving like animals as much as  it's a natural  understanding that it's wrong to do so, more than anything. The overwhelming majority of people just want to be left alone and leave others alone. Groups that push public order tend to  creat conflict between other groups, not order.

The founders of this country knew, and even said, that our constitution will only work for moral people so that there is not the need to have excessive control over two legged animals like those in Oakland, CA. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2009, 09:53:49 AM »
LOL @ the "artist formerly known as Ron Paul Fan".

HAHA  ;D
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 11:23:36 AM »

Well said George.  I completely agree with this.